X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
    Just received my F-18 and while looking over the fuselage I notice the left, aft wing mount didn't look right. I determined by comparing to the right mount that the left mount appeared to be upside down or that the right mount was in the left position. My suspicion was confirmed when I tried to fit the wing. You can see the big difference in spacing between the right and the left mount positions. I called Motion and they will be sending me a return postage label next week when they are open so I can return the plane and then send me another once they get my defective one and confirm the problem. Trying to decide if I even want another one. Between the servo issue and the stab pivot mount shimming requirement (yes, this one seemed to be loose), I might just stick with the 70mm FMS version which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Really disappointing, as I was very excited to finally have an F18 to fly. Ive been watching gooniacs videos of his 70mm since he first got it and started posting video. I stayed away from the 80mm eflight F 18 because of problems people have been having, even though when I first saw it I thought it would be the perfect size. If anyone has both the 80mm and the 90mm I would really like to hear your thoughts on the two and which one you enjoy the most and would recommend.
    I had a Blue Angel that came that way, just call it in to CS and they'll get you taken care of.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• FW 90mm flies better. Both look great but I think the EFLite looks are growing on me more. The size difference is noticeable so if size is important for fitting a smaller car or something the EFlite would be better.

Comment

• Hello again, F-18C Owner Society, Just a quick shot of the 3DP cockpit as I continue the base-coat priming and paint. There are lots of switches and dials and stuff. Big Fun, actually. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow Elbee! Fantastic work my friend. I have some work to do. :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
            Just received my F-18 and while looking over the fuselage I notice the left, aft wing mount didn't look right. I determined by comparing to the right mount that the left mount appeared to be upside down or that the right mount was in the left position. My suspicion was confirmed when I tried to fit the wing. You can see the big difference in spacing between the right and the left mount positions. I called Motion and they will be sending me a return postage label next week when they are open so I can return the plane and then send me another once they get my defective one and confirm the problem. Trying to decide if I even want another one. Between the servo issue and the stab pivot mount shimming requirement (yes, this one seemed to be loose), I might just stick with the 70mm FMS version which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Really disappointing, as I was very excited to finally have an F18 to fly. Ive been watching gooniacs videos of his 70mm since he first got it and started posting video. I stayed away from the 80mm eflight F 18 because of problems people have been having, even though when I first saw it I thought it would be the perfect size. If anyone has both the 80mm and the 90mm I would really like to hear your thoughts on the two and which one you enjoy the most and would recommend.
            I can only compare it to the FMS 70, I don't have the FMS/Eflite 80. But, if you give up on the FW 90, you'll be missing out on a terrific flying plane!!! Got mine a few weeks back and it is a blast. Pretty close contest between the F18 and F22 for favorite EDF right now!

Comment

• I agree. While everybody knows it has had its unfortunate share of issues in the first batch, if you stick with it, make the adjustments necessary, etc, she will reward you in spades. I have been enjoying amazing flights in the past few weeks. The model itself is gorgeous and flies absolutely fantastic. Stick with her, she's worth it.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                Hello again, F-18C Owner Society, Just a quick shot of the 3DP cockpit as I continue the base-coat priming and paint. There are lots of switches and dials and stuff. Big Fun, actually. Best, LB
                Ok cowboy.... where did you get those files.... that is EFFEN AWESOME!!!!! :-)
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Ok cowboy.... where did you get those files.... that is EFFEN AWESOME!!!!! :-)
                  "Well Pilgrim, You were suppose to be reading the 3DP forum too, and here ya come wonderin' where I got what I got. I'm thinkin' you'll find yur answer if'n ya check the 3DP thread," he wrote in his best John Wayne accent.

Seriously, check out the 3DP forum. I will add some additions and revisions soon. I'd like to post ALL the STL Files at once, but the upload is restricted to something like 1.9mb, so I have to so it in a bunch of separate Zips. Anyway, if you are going to print the files let me know and possibly there's a way to get all to you in one lump. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Rooster Cogburn! :-) you the man!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      I agree. While everybody knows it has had its unfortunate share of issues in the first batch, if you stick with it, make the adjustments necessary, etc, she will reward you in spades. I have been enjoying amazing flights in the past few weeks. The model itself is gorgeous and flies absolutely fantastic. Stick with her, she's worth it.
                      Thanks for the positive words Aros. I sent it back yesterday and I am looking forward to the replacement being sent back to me. I’ve already got graphics from Callie and a centerburner from lightburner. Looking forward to many great flights on this plane.

Comment

• After a broken ball link on my first version caused a crash requiring a new fuse and main gear retract, I rebuilt her and now have 6 flights. All good until the last flight, when turning onto base, she suddenly pitched up and banked in the opposite direction. My first thought was, if I broke another ball link.... but I kept trying to control her, and eventually got some control response, but not enough. She went down but was remarkably undamaged. I’m using a lemon (non gyro) with a satellite up in the nose, with a spectrum transmitter. I’m guessing some sort of radio interference, so wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I feel like I dodged a bullet and really don’t want to go thru that again.

Comment

• Which Lemon RX were you using? DSM2? DSMX? Was the sat matched to it? (IE, you didn’t have a DSMX RX and a DSM2 sat, did you?)

Comment

• F-18C Owners Society, et al, Finally getting to do a 'dry-fit' of the cockpit designs. I've been painting and doing a bit of light weathering. There's still more to do, but it's coming along. Callie is working on the graphics for the 70th Anniversary VFA-41 Black Aces CAG livery. I am taking the liberty/artistic licence of building it as a "C" rather than an "F" model, so all the observant scale enthusiasts are informed before I get scolded. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Simply superb LB!!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Wow!! Just Wow!!That looks amazing!!!...is the 3d forum on hobby squawk??? I have a sabre and a mig 21 that could use a nice cockpit

Comment

• Originally posted by cashmoneybrother View Post
                                  Wow!! Just Wow!!That looks amazing!!!...is the 3d forum on hobby squawk??? I have a sabre and a mig 21 that could use a nice cockpit
                                  CMB, Yes, go to the Home Page and scroll down. So far, no one has posted a Sabre or Mig-21 Cockpit Set, though you could sure put is a request over there. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank u.. Ill check it out!!. Maybe they got something i can use...just has 2 b close not perfect

Comment

• What do you guys thank about running a 8s set up in the f/a 18, from a Freewing f-4 90mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        F-18C Owners Society, et al, Finally getting to do a 'dry-fit' of the cockpit designs. I've been painting and doing a bit of light weathering. There's still more to do, but it's coming along. Callie is working on the graphics for the 70th Anniversary VFA-41 Black Aces CAG livery. I am taking the liberty/artistic licence of building it as a "C" rather than an "F" model, so all the observant scale enthusiasts are informed before I get scolded. Best, LB
                                        Simply Beautiful .... We are not worthy!!!

Comment

• RG do you have a file of your f-18 front panel design to share with us?

Comment

Working...
                                          X