First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just awesome Alpha!!! Can't wait to get one in my hands!!! :Cool:

Comment

Awesome jet!

Thanks for using an efficient inrunner! Motion RC really does listen to its customers... :Cool:

Comment

Since I got into RC, I have pre-ordered TWO planes. The Freewing F22 and the Freewing F35!

Comment

Great job on this Freewing and Motion RC. This hobby is great and you can tell it's backed by people with passion.

This F-35 has some absolutely amazing upgrades from the previous generation. Some of the many things that stand out quickly and are important to me on this new design are:

- Genious Horizontal Stab. hinging design
          - Suspension struts are already included
          - Great overall shape to replicate the full sized jet
          - Sturdy control and linkage system on the Horizontal Stab.
          - Generous battery compartment size to accommodate many 6S battery capacities and weight.
          - An inrunner motor and nice sounding fan
          - A better designed "cheater" air inlet.
          - All screw assembly
          - Top loaded battery
          - Some great detailing and plastic parts
          - Servo pockets and covers on the tail
          - Nice paint shading and panel lines
          - Rudder control horns with a larger base of support
          - Carbon rod through the wings
          - EPO Foam

You all are knocking it out of the park. You weren't kidding when you said this year we would see just how hard you have been working behind the scene.

Comment

Videos updates on the second post, everyone!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Looks like another winner:Cool: How are you guys keeping all of these new aircraft secret right up until the reveal event? Very stealthy!!

Comment

Pre-ordered Immediately. So looking forward to this. Please make it a 90mm with all the bells and whistles. Love this Jet. Way to go MotionRC.

Comment

A friend of mine flew the F-35 in the Air Force, as well as joined the Thunderbirds team flying the F-16 as the slot pilot. It makes me want to purchase this jet and paint the tail accordingly and place his name on the canopy in his honor.

Comment

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                    Looks like another winner:Cool: How are you guys keeping all of these new aircraft secret right up until the reveal event? Very stealthy!!

We've gotten good at LO ops :Cool: As James said in the F-35 Livestream walkaround video I posted on Post #2, he's had the first one for a couple of months, in fact I sent it to him in early February. We developed the 70mm F-35 in tandem with the 90mm F-22 (they're roughly scale to each other in the air), since we knew that we wanted to offer two generation Fifth Generation aircraft in two different sizes/price points to appeal to a wider market of fliers at different budgets and transport options. Now that people around the world have seen how our F-22 flies, they know about what they can expect with our F-35.

As to color and markings, Xplaneguy advised on this project and he works at Edwards within earshot of AF-01. We wanted to pay tribute to the team that continues to operate AF-01. Jeremy, who works with F-35s every day, said it best in the Livestream video in Post #2: AF-01 wears the flags of the international team involved in the F-35. Unity, partnership, and teamwork are themes we wanted to emphasize. Or, there's always a bottle of gray paint and Callie.

As to decals, this isn't a 90mm Hornet. In the context of the 70mm EDF class, our years of data overwhelmingly identifies the majority of 70mm EDF customers preferring pre-installed decals. As always, we realize we'll never be able to please everyone, that's not the goal, but we do our best to make tactical decisions based on a wide set of data to appeal to the widest possible group of people for a specific model. Having a 70mm model that screws together and is aesthetically finished out-of-the-box, in a higher-vis scheme to differentiate it from the "all gray" F-22 and Hornet and previous F-35, makes sense when one considers customer convenience and overall portfolio diversity.

Have fun!

Comment

Well done MRC and Freewing team! A lot of great features in a 70mm size package.

Comment

These things are gorgeous ;)
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          A friend of mine flew the F-35 in the Air Force, as well as joined the Thunderbirds team flying the F-16 as the slot pilot. It makes me want to purchase this jet and paint the tail accordingly and place his name on the canopy in his honor.
                          You need to get one, I ordered one and I need someone worthy to bounce questions off of:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

You need to get one, I ordered one and I need someone worthy to bounce questions off of:Cool:
                            Ha-ha, I just may.

Congrats on the new jet!

Comment

Can you add flaps?

Comment

Originally posted by tbohl View Post
                                Can you add flaps?
                                If needed you could program the jet for flaperons, or designate the ailerons as flaps only and make the Horizontal Stabs. perform as tailerons. It takes some channels and transmitter mixing, but possible.

Comment

Videos were updated on Post #2:

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Product Video:

Flight Video, one of several:

Grass Ops video with James on the controls, who has just over one year of EDF experience to show the ease of operating this bird:

Livestream from Joe Nall 5/14/2019 with George, Steve, Jeremy and other fellow Hobby Squawk friends at Nall:

Build Video of this screw-together model:

​​​​​​

Comment

Hey Alpha, I’m only allowed one or the other yet but I was really close to pulling the trigger on a 70mm F16, or a F104. Now this comes out! I have flown a friends F16 outrunner stock. While I like it a lot I do want inrunner performance on mine. Can you share a comparison between a f16 hp inrunner and the f35. And possibly throw the f104 in the comparison as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Drahcir View Post
                                      Hey Alpha, I’m only allowed one or the other yet but I was really close to pulling the trigger on a 70mm F16, or a F104. Now this comes out! I have flown a friends F16 outrunner stock. While I like it a lot I do want inrunner performance on mine. Can you share a comparison between a f16 hp inrunner and the f35. And possibly throw the f104 in the comparison as well?
                                      Hey there Drahcir, all three of those models are good flyers in rather unique ways, so it will really depend on what kind of aesthetic and behavior you're after. I like the F-104 for it's "unique factor", and in truth it's an easy plane to fly and easy to land, as long as you can see it. Orientation is a challenge. The F-16 is a great all arounder, and the inrunner version is going to be like your friend's outrunner version, just faster. Both the F-16 and F-104's landing gear use longer struts, and the side canted mains are more sensitive to rough landings, taller grass taxiing, and potential tipovers. The F-35 by comparison includes suspension struts and the inrunner setup out of the box, so it's essentially "pre-upgraded" for both power and ground handling.

The F-35 rewards rudder-input flying, the F-104 rewards sharp eyes, the F-16 is a classic and always a safe bet.

Because I had a hand in all of them, and we (hopefully) get better over time, I'm always inclined toward the newest bird. The surface treatment on the F-35 is 90mm Super Scale Series grade in terms of its multi-tonal decals and paint work, and overall surface finish. There are metallics, satins, and mattes mixed in for a subtle effect in real life that pictures can't capture.

Comment

Alpha,

What was the maximum weight of the heaviest batteries you tested on this aircraft while still being able to achieve the recommended CG range in PNP form?

I realize the battery dimensions would also make a difference in the weight distribution, but a ball park figure is okay. Total flying weight and wing loading would be another aspect to watch for as the battery weight increases, no doubt. Since a 5000mah was mentioned, would the maximum recommended battery weight be in the 730+ gram range (considering the Admiral 6S 5000mah 50C is roughly that weight)? I'm sure you have tested heavier as well. Your input on your experience with this aircraft and various battery weights is welcomed :).

Comment

Just thought I’d put this up

Click image for larger version

Name:	B15CEFB5-0A6E-4809-AEEC-B72760590750.jpeg
Views:	2577
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	194333

Comment

Working...
                                          X