Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that shot! Here's one of my favorites of AF-01, slinging GBU-31s. Quick, someone make a 3DPUP set and call Callie for those markers! Undeniably Hi-Vis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GBU-31.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	194337
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I had just purchased 4 6s 5000 Admirals and went to check my email for the receipt. What do I find right above it, the email about the pre-order for the F-35. Well, I canceled the lipo order and purchased 2 (1 ARF+ & 1 PNP) F-35 Lightning Jets. My summer just got even better!!! Great job (AGAIN!) MRC & FREEWING, can’t wait to see what’s coming next!!! Maybe a F-105 or A-7 in 80/90mm???? PLEASE...

Comment

Alpha, it looks great with that armament... are there any hardpoints on the wings out of the box?
        i guess its an easy diy option anyways but still checking.

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I like that shot! Here's one of my favorites of AF-01, slinging GBU-31s. Quick, someone make a 3DPUP set and call Callie for those markers! Undeniably Hi-Vis.

Name:	GBU-31.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	194337

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
          Alpha,

What was the maximum weight of the heaviest batteries you tested on this aircraft while still being able to achieve the recommended CG range in PNP form?

I realize the battery dimensions would also make a difference in the weight distribution, but a ball park figure is okay. Total flying weight and wing loading would be another aspect to watch for as the battery weight increases, no doubt. Since a 5000mah was mentioned, would the maximum recommended battery weight be in the 730+ gram range (considering the Admiral 6S 5000mah 50C is roughly that weight)? I'm sure you have tested heavier as well. Your input on your experience with this aircraft and various battery weights is welcomed :).
          I watched them fly it yesterday with a 5500mah in it!! :Silly:

It was a little nose heavy but still flew really well!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I watched them fly it yesterday with a 5500mah in it!! :Silly:

It was a little nose heavy but still flew really well!
            Haha! That's darn good. The bad thing is mine are 900g, so that'll likely be far over the limit and make me feel like I really have to cruise around lightly to ensure I dont overstress the airframe. I'd likely have to buy lighter batteries to use in this plane to get the most out of it.

Comment

I have several 3700 45C packs that I used between my F-16 V2 and YAK-130. Would these size work fine with this airframe? Not sure on flight times or if it will stress the packs too much. From the video with the Admiral pro 4000s I would guess my 3700s might get between 3-3.5min?

Already in the works on some JDAMs. Also, any plans for 3DPUP cockpit set on this one, or should I break out my contour gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                Just thought I’d put this up

Name:	B15CEFB5-0A6E-4809-AEEC-B72760590750.jpeg
Views:	2557
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	194333
                That is the pic that I think of when I see this livery! Thanks for posting! When I first saw and heard the F-35 at Aviation Nation in 2016 it was like no other single engine jet I had ever heard before! I remembered seeing that huge afterburner glowing bright just like in that pic! It was still limited to 6g operation at that time so it wasn't really going all out crazy like it is now! I can only imagine what its like and will get so see if first hand if it makes it out to Fleet Week here in the SF Bay area. Hopefully I will have my own model by then and can start recreating what the full scale is doing!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

T-Cat, I flew it on our 5000s but I prefer the 4000 for speed, agility, landing ease, and overall performance and reliability. Of course my Chinese compatriots preferred the 5000 because they are only about diving speed runs, ha.

It's a 70mm bird in mini 80mm clothing, so I wouldn't overload it with 5100-6000 that we use in the larger 80mms and 90mms.

Dirty Dee, we don't have any set plans for 3DP, so I look forward to what you and the others come up with.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

T-Cat, I flew it on our 5000s but I prefer the 4000 for speed, agility, landing ease, and overall performance and reliability. Of course my Chinese compatriots preferred the 5000 because they are only about diving speed runs, ha.

It's a 70mm bird in mini 80mm clothing, so I wouldn't overload it with 5100-6000 that we use in the larger 80mms and 90mms.

Dirty Dee, we don't have any set plans for 3DP, so I look forward to what you and the others come up with.
                    Thanks Alpha. That was my thoughts as well on the loading.

Comment

DD, I use the 3700 packs on my 70mm Yak and SkySword but find that the 70C version are much better than the 45C — much cooler and better ending % for same flight times. My current packs are Roaring Top 3700 x 70C

Comment

Was the F-35C Navy variant considered for this model? I would think the larger wings would be desirable for slower landings and reduced wing loading.

Comment

Yea, I'm stuck with the 45c since that is what I own. Mostly just wanting to make sure they will be ok with the f35. I have admiral 5000s, but I'd prefer a lighter setup with this one.

Comment

I'm going to stick with my 4500 45c roaringtops, only two ounces heaver that the admiral 4000's. Less than the weight of an afterburner and battery to run it.

l

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

That is the pic that I think of when I see this livery! Thanks for posting! When I first saw and heard the F-35 at Aviation Nation in 2016 it was like no other single engine jet I had ever heard before! I remembered seeing that huge afterburner glowing bright just like in that pic! It was still limited to 6g operation at that time so it wasn't really going all out crazy like it is now! I can only imagine what its like and will get so see if first hand if it makes it out to Fleet Week here in the SF Bay area. Hopefully I will have my own model by then and can start recreating what the full scale is doing!
                              Look forward to see what motor/fan you end up putting in it. You're always at the forefront of motor/fan swaps:Cool:

Comment

Look forward to see what motor/fan you end up putting in it. You're always at the forefront of motor/fan swaps:Cool:
                                I'm more curious to see what he thinks of this 2210kv inrunner setup. I don't think he's played with one of those yet since they came out.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'm more curious to see what he thinks of this 2210kv inrunner setup. I don't think he's played with one of those yet since they came out.
                                  It's been my experience that how a motor/fan flies in one airframe does not mean it'll be even close in another.

Comment

This looks awesome Alpha! I have wanted something like this for a while now. Stunning!

Comment

trailing link on mains is a must for me before i purchase.

Comment

Very excited about this plane. Pre-ordered as soon as I got the email on Tuesday. I live near Luke AFB in AZ and see these fly over my house everyday. They also fly over our flying field. Will be great to get this plane up the air as a tribute.

Really excited and eager to get it soon.

Thanks Motion for putting out great stuff!

Comment

I have this motor and fan listed to try. I have tried the stock freewing rotor and housing with a 2200kv motor and it worked great! So I am sure that this will work great as it is and not need to be changed. But a 14 blade would sound amazing in this plane.... We shall see what I can do when I get it!
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X