X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Look forward to see what motor/fan you end up putting in it. You're always at the forefront of motor/fan swaps:Cool:
    The 2210kv motor is a great addition to the F-35.. I have been running one extensively when it was first released onto my FMS F-16 which flies so much better than stock & later moved it into the FMS 70mm F-18 which really came to life with much better Verticals & Speed .. Secret is flying light batteries if you want performance & stay away from those Bricks.. Less than 450gms buys you performance ..:)

Comment

I was considering buying the arf plus and putting the xrp 13 blade fan in it. Do you guys think I should bother or go with the stock setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Drahcir View Post
        I was considering buying the arf plus and putting the xrp 13 blade fan in it. Do you guys think I should bother or go with the stock setup?
        Be cheaper PNP .. If you go with XRP13bl/2200kv motor you’ll need a 100A esc thus costing you more.. Since I already have the XRP & esc I would buy the ARF ..

Comment

I was never a fan of the F-35 until I got to see them in the flesh at Airventure in Oshkosh. When I saw the pics and the videos of this release from Freewing, I had to hit the pre-order button. I have a fever and MotionRC is the cure (except for my bank account) :-)
          Now have to pick up some 6s 4000 packs next. Oh well the f-18 can wait a bit longer ;-)

Comment

In the future, I hope to own one of these, and I would like to add elevons (or tailerons-your pick) and flaperons. Just like how a real F-35 would operate. Would that be possible with the admiral 6-channel receiver? I'm thinking in order to do that, you need to separate the aileron and elevator wires, then attach one aileron and one elevator to the aileron port, the elevator to elevator, and aileron to Aux1 port. Not sure if it'll work on a DX6 but give me your advice, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post
              In the future, I hope to own one of these, and I would like to add elevons (or tailerons-your pick) and flaperons. Just like how a real F-35 would operate. Would that be possible with the admiral 6-channel receiver? I'm thinking in order to do that, you need to separate the aileron and elevator wires, then attach one aileron and one elevator to the aileron port, the elevator to elevator, and aileron to Aux1 port. Not sure if it'll work on a DX6 but give me your advice, what do you think?
              Yes that can be done with no issues. You just need to do as you said which is separate the aileron inputs. With this plane and the F-16 I have been meaning to try different settings on the wing but since I figured out how to get the F-16 into high alpha for slow landings I haven't fiddled anymore. But for me I want to try a combo of high alpha with spoilerons to keep the plane as draggy as can be without actually using airbrakes. The key to slow landings with planes like this is to keep its nose up and then control the sink rate with the throttle. Can't wait to try it out with this one when it comes!
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6918.jpg
Views:	1671
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	195750
                I'm proud to have supported my dear friend Alpha on this project. Once again, another stellar offering from Freewing/Motion RC! I pulled the trigger right after the announcement and can't wait to wring out this F-35A. :)
                Attached Files

Comment

You were instrumental in this bird's creation, Tony! Thank you, as always, especially for your counsel on this bird staring over a year and a half ago with your Edwards experience! One question, what are those white circles called? I know what they're for but I don't know their name and it bugs me.

Thanks to everyone's interest in this bird, it has been a big hit and we're excited for that shipment to arrive. As some of the customer volunteer pilots mentioned during our Joe Nall coverage, the F-35 is fast, but I'd also add that it slows down very well, too. Our data suggests there's a bigger divide in those pre-ordering this F-35 --either "go fast" jockeys or "scale flight" beginners. The real F-35's airshow flight plan is fun to watch, and most of it can be mimicked with this model.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I am glad to read that it slows down nicely too. Sometimes it is hard to see that in videos, but this post may have tipped my hand to pre-order it lol

Comment

This is more or less a pilot talking about the F-35 a couple years ago at the Abbotsford Airshow. He has blown both this and the F-16 for a number of hours.

Comment

GBLynden, in one of our official videos, I think the announcement video or the first flight review, there's a quick clip while James is talking that shows my slow landing speed (dirt road in China). James learned to fly EDFs a year ago, and I think our viewers appreciate the contrast to demonstrate the model's capabilities in both fast and slow flight, fast and slow landings, etc. I'd wager there aren't many pilots who'd fly an EDF as comfortably at Joe Nall around a year or so after learning, and that's as much a testament to James' persistence as it is the F-35 itself. We really hope the all-new F-35 helps usher in new generations of newer EDF pilots working their way toward Avantis and Tomcats, while still giving those jockeys a compelling reason to revisit the 70mm size.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          GBLynden, in one of our official videos, I think the announcement video or the first flight review, there's a quick clip while James is talking that shows my slow landing speed (dirt road in China). James learned to fly EDFs a year ago, and I think our viewers appreciate the contrast to demonstrate the model's capabilities in both fast and slow flight, fast and slow landings, etc. I'd wager there aren't many pilots who'd fly an EDF as comfortably at Joe Nall around a year or so after learning, and that's as much a testament to James' persistence as it is the F-35 itself. We really hope the all-new F-35 helps usher in new generations of newer EDF pilots working their way toward Avantis and Tomcats, while still giving those jockeys a compelling reason to revisit the 70mm size.
                          Truer words have never been spoken! This is a bit off subject but I'll go with it anyway since it came up. I started flying RC back late in 2013. Been flying EDFs a few years now. Joe Nall is a very intimidating place to fly, period. I go to every event that there is at Triple Tree since it is 20 min from my house. I fly at all of them... except Nall. Well, until this year anyway. This year I took my FW Hawk out there Friday after work and flew a few times. Did fine but man was I nervous. Really can't say why besides it is just a big stage with a bunch of people watching. I am used to flying with just a few friends normally. Add being recorded and sheesh! :Sweating: But, then add even more and make it LIVE on FB or YouTube so there are no re-dos and GEEZ! :Sweating::Sweating:

I watched some really impressive, veteran RC pilots mess up more than a few times out there this year, it is just part of it. There was a certain other new EDF release that ended in some trees live on FB being flown by a "professional pilot." I think James did pretty dang good with that much pressure on him! Way better than I think most of us would have, in my opinion!

Now... where is my new F35??? :)

Comment

I'd wager there aren't many pilots who'd fly an EDF as comfortably at Joe Nall around a year or so after learning, and that's as much a testament to James' persistence as it is the F-35 itself.
                            Yep, flying at Nall on the electric line during peak hours is like flying in the middle of a zombie apocalypse :Scared: I fly in the morning or dusk.

Flying on the main line at Joe Nall in front of all those people makes me pee a little :Straight-Face:
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I will have to go back and rewatch those videos to see those clips. I watched some of them at work, so I didn't get to see things quite as closely as I wanted.

I agree 100% and appreciate James's humility putting himself out there like that. He's flying like a savage and few would notice he's been only do it a year if they weren't told. I am relatively new to flying "Big Boy" EDF's myself, so I can sympathize with all of the pressures of flying at a place like Nall. I know I wouldn't do that even with a prop plane at a place like that.

GB

Edit: You are hilarious George and I am jealous Jameson! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drahcir View Post
                                I may just transfer my 13 blade inrunner from my F-104 since in my jet all I hear is total whoosh in the air and even during taxi. I guess I just happened to get one perfectly balanced.
                                By they way does anyone have a link to a video with F-35 lighting? I know I will have to install lights since I fly usually before sun up.

Comment

Originally posted by urrl View Post

I may just transfer my 13 blade inrunner from my F-104 since in my jet all I hear is total whoosh in the air and even during taxi. I guess I just happened to get one perfectly balanced.
                                  By they way does anyone have a link to a video with F-35 lighting? I know I will have to install lights since I fly usually before sun up.
                                  Here you go! Complete with the sweet landings at the end.

Comment

That was lighting, not lightning LOL

Comment

Here's one of my favorite F-35 photos, taken at Edwards Air Force Base, California.
                                      .Click image for larger version  Name:	F-35 Line Up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	196028

Comment

Now THAT'S a great picture!

Comment

I'm all about the eye candy, and you're all about Lasagna! Haha!!
                                          Crazy to think that I've been watching these aircraft fly at Edwards since 2010. My job doesn't suck!! :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X