X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daiglo View Post
    Does anyone else find the 70MM F-35 hard to see ? Yesterdays maiden was very disconcerting and there were comments like "Yep it is stealth alright". I have painted some sections of mine in dayglo orange to try and improve visibility. It may not be scale but I cannot fly it if I cannot see it.
    Welcome D! Glad to have you here! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
      First flights this AM ... in-flight photos shot by my pal Bret :cool:
      Beautiful shots...and so what are your observations after your first flights?? Inquiring minds...well, you know we want to hear...;)

Comment

• Nice shots as always! :Cool:
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          Hey John Bergsmith, I enjoyed your F-35 picture so much that we included it in the RCAfterhours podcast.

It's somewhere in here... we didn't have an agenda, and I couldn't see his screen. We just sorta winged it.

Recorded 23 June 2019#rcafterhours #motionrc #blameandréhttps://rcafterhours.podbean.com/e/058-a-guy-walks-into-a-prop-house/***This is a recording of a show...

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

• Put two more flights of the F-35 today. Adjusted the gain on the aileron down to roughly 25% and the oscillation at all speeds is gone. I really enjoyed both flights today, it really is a cool jet. Explored the slow speed envelope and it really handles well.

I’ll continue to dial it in with each flight. With the gyro on the elevator feels a little heavy to me, so I’ll start working on that. I’m new to the Hobby Eagle A3 Pro, so I’m learning that as well.

The F-35 is awesome, very impressive in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
              First flights this AM ... in-flight photos shot by my pal Bret :cool:
              Great shots!! I really like the pix of it landing and of course the one with my Burner! LOL Good stuff man! Hey I gotta come out there to fly with you guys!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• The F35 camouflage does it's job well .I only fly mine on a nice blue sky .Overcast and grey sky forget it .Also I find it is not the easiest EDF to land

Comment

• How is it not landing easy for you? Where do you have your CG?

Comment

• Yes, the stealth coating works! Orange ordnance would be a nice touch.

Captain Moron, where is your CG?
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have my C of G on the corner of the plastic square on the wing has shown in the video .It comes in fast and if I try to slow it down on the approach it gives me the impression it is going to tip stall ,so I keep the speed up to stop this ,hence the fast approach .I come in low on the approach ,get over the strip and then slow it up and then pitch the nose up so it lands on the back wheels .Must be my bad flying skills if everyone else can slow this bird down .Do not get me wrong .it is a lovely model .I love it just got to get to grips with the landing

Comment

• Hello.
                        I Painted mine so that is more easy to see while flying .grey steathy planes are hard to fly..especially in grey skies.
                        came out pretty good. Got the scheme from real f 35 thunderbird..

Comment

• WOW....that is an amazing job there Nomisbob!

Comment

• Agreed! Impressive!! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Gentlemen. I am from the old school. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me the hi rate setting you are using. I use a scale rule and from neutral to my high setting is about 3/4 of an inch. What should it be guys 5/8 or ?
                              I would like to try again in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Haven’t flown her yet... but good luck and glad you are here bro! Jerry:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcrmel View Post
                                  Gentlemen. I am from the old school. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me the hi rate setting you are using. I use a scale rule and from neutral to my high setting is about 3/4 of an inch. What should it be guys 5/8 or ?
                                  I would like to try again in the morning. Thanks for the help.
                                  For elevator or ailerons?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

For elevator or ailerons?
                                    Elevator. RC dude

Comment

• I hope you get this before morning. The elevator is where my concern is.

Comment

• I set my elevator throw at just under the manual high rate value. Seems fine for my style of flying. 5/8" measured from the front of the stab. I know the manual is a little screwy calling elevator flaps and not labelling the elevator travels.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          I set my elevator throw at just under the manual high rate value. Seems fine for my style of flying. 5/8" measured from the front of the stab. I know the manual is a little screwy calling elevator flaps and not labelling the elevator travels.
                                          When are Freewing manuals going to catch up with the improvements in their planes? I mean really, how hard could it be? Just look at an eflite manual and then a freewing one, it's embarrassing how bad the freewing manuals are.

Comment

Working...
                                          X