Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my F-35 Sunday Flight. There is a lot included in this quick video lol

Comment

• Nice greaser neighbor!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Nice greaser neighbor!
        Thank you! How does my obstacle course compare to yours? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
          This is my F-35 Sunday Flight. There is a lot included in this quick video lol
          Wow, love the landing, that's how it should be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
            Thank you! How does my obstacle course compare to yours? lol
            Looks familiar!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by GarudaAlphaOne View Post

The fan came off from the housing, along with the spinner. I suspect the retaining screw and washer loosened, causing the spinner to separate which lead to the fan coming off and disintegrating. It damaged the foam in the process of course.
              Yep, I've had that happen, too - took out some foam on both sides of the cheater hole on mine.

Comment

• Just did my first 6 flights yesterday. Have a 5100 Carbon Admiral in mine. What a great flying plane! Had a blast and the landings surprised me. It went into a nose up attitude easily and was very easy to land. This plane is a winner.

I noticed quite a bit of vibration in my gear when taxying. Noticed this same thing with my l-39 but to a lesser degree. I saw the same thing on some of the F35 videos. Anyone have a cure for this?

Rex Birkinbine

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow, love the landing, that's how it should be done.
                  Thank you sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                    L-39 cover added. Super easy if you do t have a 3d printed and it doesn't restrict the designed cheater.
                    Where can I find the 3d files for this cover?

Comment

• Originally posted by hkduder View Post

Where can I find the 3d files for this cover?

Here:

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ic-part-e-camo.

Comment

• Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Rex! Glad you are on board! Jerry

Comment

• Need some help guys...

Haven't flown the F35 in a while so I took it out Saturday. Had some weird stuff happening in flight that I don't remember happening before and hoping y'all can help. When making 3/4 to full throttle passes, if you pull the power out to idle, the plane pitches up pretty hard. Somewhere around 30 degrees probably. It flies straight as an arrow under power, just pitches up when you go to zero throttle. Puzzled me and I need some help. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                              Need some help guys...

Haven't flown the F35 in a while so I took it out Saturday. Had some weird stuff happening in flight that I don't remember happening before and hoping y'all can help. When making 3/4 to full throttle passes, if you pull the power out to idle, the plane pitches up pretty hard. Somewhere around 30 degrees probably. It flies straight as an arrow under power, just pitches up when you go to zero throttle. Puzzled me and I need some help. Thanks!

sounds like a C/G issue. Also are you running a gyro?

Comment

sounds like a C/G issue. Also are you running a gyro?
                                No gyro. I was thinking CG as well and started moving the lipo around a bit each flight but it didn't seem to change anything.

Comment

No gyro. I was thinking CG as well and started moving the lipo around a bit each flight but it didn't seem to change anything.
                                  I have my battery as far AFT as possible. Its so far aft that its inside the hole in the back of the battery tray.

Comment

I have my battery as far AFT as possible. Its so far aft that its inside the hole in the back of the battery tray.
                                    I am flying on a 4200mah Hobbystar and kept pushing it further back each flight. I also have the end of the lipo inside the hole at the back of the battery bay. But, just by a 1/4" or so. Still a touch nose heavy at that point but not enough that I thought it would pitch up going from power to idle. Really confused me cause it pitches up pretty hard.

Comment

I am flying on a 4200mah Hobbystar and kept pushing it further back each flight. I also have the end of the lipo inside the hole at the back of the battery bay. But, just by a 1/4" or so. Still a touch nose heavy at that point but not enough that I thought it would pitch up going from power to idle. Really confused me cause it pitches up pretty hard.
                                      If your bird is flying markedly differently now that it did initially, before you grounded it for "a while", it makes we wonder if something else has changed. Besides the usual stuff like CG that you're already checking, was the model stored vertically, or in any way where the stabs or wings could have flexed to change their relative positions? It's vastly improbable, but not impossible. Heat, storage angles, etc, could in the wrong conditions warp surfaces, the effect of which could be visible in flight.

Another thing to check is your airspeed and bank angle during deploying flaps, and also verify your flap servo speed/angle/elevator mix.

The bottom line is the F-35 should be pitching up as much as you're making it sound, so something changed from earlier to now.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

If your bird is flying markedly differently now that it did initially, before you grounded it for "a while", it makes we wonder if something else has changed. Besides the usual stuff like CG that you're already checking, was the model stored vertically, or in any way where the stabs or wings could have flexed to change their relative positions? It's vastly improbable, but not impossible. Heat, storage angles, etc, could in the wrong conditions warp surfaces, the effect of which could be visible in flight.

Another thing to check is your airspeed and bank angle during deploying flaps, and also verify your flap servo speed/angle/elevator mix.

The bottom line is the F-35 should be pitching up as much as you're making it sound, so something changed from earlier to now.
                                        I don't have flaperons mixed in on this bird. She's flying "out of the box stock." This plane gets stored hanging on pipe under the wing pretty close in to the fuse. No noticeable warping. I'll keep toying with cg and see if I can get it figured out. I'll also try to get a video next time out, maybe that'll help.

Comment

• 4923crew

great job! did you 3d print the ordinance? I so can u make me a set. Where did you get you decals as well. Your bird looks excellent and the way free wing should have done it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X