You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Hawker Hunter the next FREEWING JET?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Hawker Hunter the next FREEWING JET?

We have seen Freewing come out with exceptional jets within the last few years and most of them have been improvements on LX , Fly Fly and Blitz RC jets. It won't be long before the old KITs are going to be the thing of the past. With their inferior electronics and poor fit, those KITs offered by LX, Fly Fly and Blitz RC took a long time to build. Freewing has manufactured almost all the planes offered by the aforementioned companies, including the F4 Phantom (LX Models) , F22 ( LX Models), F16 70mm (Blitz RC), F18 (Lx Models with folding wings), F86 (Fly Fly), etc. One can wonder what's next?
    I fly at the Apollo Flying Field in Los Angeles, and the latest rumor is that Freewing is coming out with a new Jet. That new jet is rumored to be a well improved version of Fly Fly's HAWKER HUNTER. While these may be rumors, these are the same people who predicted the release of the last two 90mm jets offered by Freewing within a month of their release. While these people may look clairvoyant, they insist that they have reliable information. I tend to believe the former, LOL.
    However, the kid in me wants to believe their prediction of Hawker Hunter. I just hope it's not going to be another 70 mm jet. I just finished building my Fly Fly Hawker Hunter and it took me over 30 hours of build time. I knew that if I Freewing came out with the HUNTER, I would certainly not waste another minute building the Fly Fly Kit. So I got the Fly Fly Hunter Box out of my basement and started building it with upgraded Freewing electronics before its too late. I would not recommend anyone to buy that KiT, since it took a great deal of building skills, to make that into a decent jet.
    Attached Files

An 80mm FW Hunter would be great ;)

The Fly Fly Hunter is a lot of work, but it's absolutely worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter.JPG
Views:	2414
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	196733

Comment

That is one of the best Fly Fly Hawker Hunters I've seen. Any chance you'd share more photos of your jet? Especially the under belly where the red scheme is. I believe the red would make the red would make the jetvisible in the sky.. Judging from the clean crisp paint lines, it looks like you re painted the whole thing. This is my 3rd Hunter build and I tried to improve the quality each time. I do agree, that in the end it ends up a great flyer.

Comment

Many thanks. It came as an unpainted white EPO kit, ordered from JePe in the Netherlands. It has balsa leading and trailing edges, revised aircraft grade ply gear mounts and a 3d printed rear end (75mm outlet diameter9. Covered with 25gr glass and painted. Note that there is no ventral 'cheater' hole. Here are some pics (incl. FSA).

And a nice video (FSA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2H3XVtJx8

Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	196796Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	196797Click image for larger version  Name:	image3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	196798

Comment

Count me in if they do bring out a Hunter!

Comment

Thank you Radar-Guy for the photos. Very Cool Paint Job

Comment

Aarrrfffff horrible jet i don't buy it !!!!

Comment

It's flight Characteristics are very much like the F86. It flies very docile and has no bad tendencies on landings as well. The down side to all this is Fly Fly's ill fitting Pieces that make it time consuming and frustrating to build. Once its built, it is a great flyer.

Comment

I hope that it is not a Hunter as I have run out of excuses for when that big box arrives ! The F18 is due any week now and am having sleepless nights on that one. I do have the FLY-FLY Hunter and with its 90mm XRP unit on 6s is a very nice flying model, absolutely no bad habits at all so a F/W version that can’t help but be more detailed would be fantastic. Love these early jet era releases —- F-22 Ugh !

Comment

Here are some photos of the finished Hawker Hunter build. Hope to maiden it this weekend.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A few different squadrons represented there but very nicely done. You will find that she becomes one of your “‘go to” models when either you or the weather aren’t 100% ! What is the motive force in yours ?

Comment

I have to agree with all of the comments here. The FlyFly Hunter is a great flying model, but the kit eaves a lot to be desired.
                        Here's mine finished in 74 Sqn RAF markings from July 1957. The white fin was added for identification during exercise Valiant, but makes for a great visibility aid!

Comment

Here are the short YouTube videos of the Take Off and Landing of this Hawker Hunter on its maiden flight.

What a great flying jet. I love the way this thing flies. Nothing bad to say about this set up. Although an 8S version would have been even better.

Comment

I also agree, that this model is a wonderful and gentle flyer. I have built the Hunter out of a KIT, added Freewing electronics, (EDF & ESC from the 90mm F-16, the gear is a mix of A-6 and F-86 parts). I have added flaps and with them, landings are a dream. The Hunter is not very fast but i can fly it very scale.. I am flying on a closed military airport in the Swiss Alps. 20 years ago, real Hunters where stationed up there,

Comment

Nice photos, Greyhound61! Up in the Alps, are you flying the F-16's 6s power system, or its 8s power system? Years ago I couldn't get my Hunters to fly well on 6s.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank you Alpha! I am flying the 6S power system (3748-1550kV, 12 blade EDF).

Comment

Nice photos Grayhound 61. How lucky you are to have such an air field. We almost lost our Apollo XI flying field due to new US Federal regulations. Alpha, hope to see you again at our crowded, but wonderful flying field.

Here's a glimpse of what our field looks like

Jet Rallye Day at the Woodley Park's Apollo 11 Aircraft Field. About 30 pilots brought their super fast Jet planes for a two day meeting . organized by the V...

Early morning flight at the Apollo XI Model Aircraft Field. Stock Walkera QR X350 Pro v1.5; G-2D Gimbal, Devo 10 White and GoPro Hero3 + Black (1080 Wide). A...

Comment

So then what is the verdict? Will there be one? I would really love to see that!
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

I too would like to see it in either a 64 mm or 70 mm 4s. Failing to get the 4s version, a 70 mm ARF+ would be nice if it was light enough for the RC Lander EDF I got for the RC Lander hunter that was too complicated for me to build and from what I understand had several structural flaws.

Comment

I guess, It is going to be a 80 or 90mm.

Comment

Working...
                                        X