You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Hawker Hunter the next FREEWING JET?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After flying the L-39 for several months, that I ready like, I would like to add a Hunter to my fleet, (but I don’t think the next freewing EDF will be a Hunter 😢 ).

Comment

A second Hunter would not go amiss. My FlyFly, 6 cell, XRP fan. Not a bad bone in her body.

Comment

If they do one it would be typical of the industry! Wash , rinse, REPEAT!! Do something NOBODY else has done.
        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
          If they do one it would be typical of the industry! Wash , rinse, REPEAT!! Do something NOBODY else has done.
          Yes it would be nice to have ones never before done, like the F7U or F11F, but some classics need to be done "better" like the Hunter, F-100, F9F, and of course, the XB-70.

Comment

Yea a F-101 Voodoo, T-38, T-37,TA4-J Skyhawk ,a Mitsubishi F-1 or T-2 would be good, Sepcat Jaguar the list goes on. I don't understand the industry, they all make the same thing.
            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Yea a F-101 Voodoo, T-38, T-37,TA4-J Skyhawk ,a Mitsubishi F-1 or T-2 would be good, Sepcat Jaguar the list goes on. I don't understand the industry, they all make the same thing.
              There aren't many small companies left in the US which aren't basically Horizon outlet stores. The rest either don't have the capital to risk or are afraid of the risk. That's how a plane with a different color scheme becomes a "new release". PS: Dont mention the F-101 to a Canadian air enthusiast, they may sock you.

Comment

You have to take in consideration the big investment needed to develop and manufacture a new model. I can't remember the figure but it was high enough to scare away most small companies into playing it safe with models that are guaranteed to sell well.

From your list the most feasible would probably be F-101 Voodoo and the T-37 just because those airplanes are popular enough that they are always mentioned by the general R/C community.

I like the Sepcat Jaguar but I think it was Alpa that had mentioned a while ago that its landing gear alone would add complexity and cost to a model.

Comment

After reading Alpha's foamies start to finish in MA, I am surprised that they make anything! Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful of what's out there like the v2 Alaskan F-16, I have two of them and fly the hell out of them.

Comment

Well, it looks like the "latest and greatest" is a V2 of the 80 mm A-6.

Comment

After reading Alpha's foamies start to finish in MA, I am surprised that they make anything! Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful of what's out there like the v2 Alaskan F-16, I have two of them and fly the hell out of them.
                      Hey Buddy,
                      "
                      I haven't red the article. I probably won't. But I'll let you in on a old saying my very first Helicopter instructor told me when I was learning to fly. "If it was so damn difficult, no one would be able to do it"!

The very reason these companies develop these toys, or models if you prefer. Is there's money in it. If there wasn't they wouldn't be doing it. My opinion, nothing else. LOL

Best Regards
                      Woody

Comment

That jet could very well twist my arm enough to get away from props for a bit. I got real jet time in my logbooks so I have been content to just admire them flying at the field, save the complexities for my real job.

Comment

Yes, a Hawker Hunter by Freewing no matter what size EDF it would be would get my checkbook open.

Comment

Yeah me too

Comment

Me too ........... would love a Hunter of the quality that we come to expect from Freewing.

Comment

Working...
                              X