Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but its just been on there web site for 12 hrs and some have one flying all ready lol

Comment

It's gotta be more than 12 hrs. Wolper posted this thread just over 2 days ago. Hard to say how much before that, that the screen shot went up. Also, JohnVH may also be a beta tester and HobbyKing may have sent him an early example for testing so he could write about it. So far, he's the only one who has one flying. The others are "on the way".

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        JohnVH is a great pilot. He can make a flying manhole cover look good. I'd like to see what it looks like in the hands of an "intermeditate" (or more average) pilot.
        I had to quote and save this one, thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

Xviper, ordered from global with free shipping.
          I just put one in the cart from the Global warehouse and they did not give me free shipping to Canada. Something about being oversized. I get free shipping from the US warehouse but it's another 40 bucks more. Where are you located? I also have a discount coupon although I didn't use it for the shipping quote (which was over 80 bucks) from Hong Kong. I would have pulled the trigger if not for the NO free shipping.

Comment

Xviper, Ordered from Global and is shipped to the US. US=free shipping. Price was the Global 337. Should have used my 10% discount. If I do can get it for around 310 shipped. It is tempting to order another just for.......... well just for as you can never have enough planes. ya know....

Comment

I think this would be a great candidate for a little turbine.....

Comment

Mine should arrive in a few days. I've got a new silver paint technique I'm going to try out. Hopefully it doesn't eat the foam because if it works out... Shiney!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_11.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	208322

Comment

Xviper, Ordered from Global and is shipped to the US. US=free shipping. Price was the Global 337. Should have used my 10% discount. If I do can get it for around 310 shipped. It is tempting to order another just for.......... well just for as you can never have enough planes. ya know....
                  I'm still unable to get free shipping from Global to Canada. I'm going to have to "chat" with them and use your example to get my free shipping. With the 10% code and free shipping, I'd have ordered right away.

Comment

Had some time to compare the drivetrain of this jet with another one of similar size and weight (the latest Freewing F/A-18). Both planes weigh about the same (flying weight). Both are 90mm. The Mig has a slightly smaller motor, 200kv less speed, 12-bl fan. The F/A18 has a 9-bl fan, bigger ESC but can't tell if the wheels are that much bigger (for grass operations). Am I wrong to think that the Mig might be a bit anemic compared to the F-18? Perhaps an inrunner would give it better punch.

Comment

I think the 80mm F-86 is the better comparison. Same wing span, similar length and weight and about the same power. The F-86 was a 1650W set up but 80mm. I swapped in a 90mm and it took 1550W to get the same performance. I wish someone would post A, W and speed for this Mig so we could have an idea if the stock power will be good or not. Hopefully soon when the deliveries start. Mine should be here between Thursday and next Monday but I'll be doing a repaint and adding a pilot. I'd like to figure out if a PP upgrade should be done at the same time. I fly off pavement and the wheels should be fine but I have some that may look better on it.

Comment

I thought about the F-86 but because it's 80mm, decided it wasn't fair. I've seen the F-86 perform off our old grass runway and it was pitiful. The owner got rid of it after only a few flights.

Comment

I loved mine and flew it for hundreds of flights. But I fly off a nice paved runway. It was one of the first FW EDFs, one of the first two 80mm. It was great in its day.

Comment

after going through a few fan up grades think it was a 1850 then a fms 2000 then a 2100 kv fan and can tell ya I can fly off about any type of surface now lol...
                            wonder if this was made by fms ... maybe a bigger fms motor will give it more poop

Comment

I'm still unable to get free shipping from Global to Canada. I'm going to have to "chat" with them and use your example to get my free shipping. With the 10% code and free shipping, I'd have ordered right away.
                              Just got off "chat" with HobbyKing. The lady said that all shipping quotes are automatically generated and if I don't get the "free shipping" option that's the way it stands. She can't (or won't) manually intervene to give me free shipping. I'm going to wait a bit (probably till my discount coupon nears expiration) before I buy this. It'll give a chance for others to fly this thing and post about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                after going through a few fan up grades think it was a 1850 then a fms 2000 then a 2100 kv fan and can tell ya I can fly off about any type of surface now lol...
                                wonder if this was made by fms ... maybe a bigger fms motor will give it more poop
                                I have since transplanted the faster 80mm 2100kv FMS fan/motor into my Avanti S and L-39. They aren't a direct drop in and some foam carving is required. Nevertheless, the performance was kicked up a notch for both planes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                                  I think this would be a great candidate for a little turbine.....
                                  looks like mine arrived today... will have to look into that turbine. Thinking a k30 would fit nice. I think jet munts is coming out with a smaller one too. Got a peek at Jets over Kentucky...

Comment

looks like mine arrived today... will have to look into that turbine. Thinking a k30 would fit nice. I think jet munts is coming out with a smaller one too. Got a peek at Jets over Kentucky...
                                    Awesome, keep me posted! Im limited on my big jets, a baby jet would be sweet! And this one I think is a great candidate

Comment

Just got off "chat" with HobbyKing. The lady said that all shipping quotes are automatically generated and if I don't get the "free shipping" option that's the way it stands. She can't (or won't) manually intervene to give me free shipping. I'm going to wait a bit (probably till my discount coupon nears expiration) before I buy this. It'll give a chance for others to fly this thing and post about it.
                                      That really sucks about the shipping. Wonder what the reasoning is behind it....

Comment

That really sucks about the shipping. Wonder what the reasoning is behind it....
                                        Canuck bashing because of that whole Huawei executive arrest.
                                        I can get free shipping from the USA warehouse but that's another $40.00+. Then comes the huge FedEx brokerage invoice. At least from Hong Kong, they mail it and brokerage from the post office is very small.

Comment

Well, I placed an order. My C-130 is exactly as I left it when I did the inspection, but now another box is on the way,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                          X