Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is here. Outside box looks pretty good. A few tiny little dents. Will open it up and report back....

Comment

• The MIG 17 was in great shape overall…

The only damage was the fairing over the exhaust nozzle, where it meets the vertical stabilizer.
      The fairing is very pointed, so it is, in turn, fragile too.
      The fuselage had shifted to the side of the carton and punctured the foam inner box. This caused it to crush and wrinkle a bit.
      I smoothed it out with my fingers, but a little heat or even just spackle will take care of it. Everything else looks really nice.
      And I will say, this sure looks like HSD built this bird!!! Same servo cover labels, hardware, central control box, etc. That is OK with me!
      All surfaces are in line and not warped. Even has inner gear doors and servos for that function. Speed brakes fit well.

XT-90 connector. Will change to an EC-5 for continuity across the squadron and add a CC 20 amp BEC.
      I am going to paint this one, but the mold marks are minimal and the foam density is very good overall.
      A little time with 320 grit w/d, sanding off the bumps and humps, minimal filling and then time for primer!

Very happy so far. If the electronics check out, we are good to go! Hope this was helpful!

Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        Well, the Fed Ex truck just pulled up into the driveway again today!!! This time he actually unloaded a box and brought it to the door... I looked like it had Hobby King tape on it. So this is my real-time update!!! Going to the door now, and hoping for a MIG-17...
        SWEEEEEEET!!! Happy building!
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanks Bro!!! Need to go to the liquor store and get a building martini supply!!!

Comment

• It’s not Freewing quality but it looks cool. Here is a video of maiden and commentary on issues.

check it out.

Comment

• Maiden Flight went well, had to give it some up elevator, as forward CG position required some up elevator trim set. Dont like it sitting at netural with deflection up so i am showing all of you where i will be putting my battery the next flight which should allow me to set my elevator trims at dead center.

Shes a keeper, no issues with the power and not planning to upgrade anything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 1.12.52 PM.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	209309

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                Maiden Flight went well, had to give it some up elevator, as forward CG position required some up elevator trim set. Dont like it sitting at netural with deflection up so i am showing all of you where i will be putting my battery the next flight which should allow me to set my elevator trims at dead center.

Nice flight dude!

Comment

Maiden Flight went well, had to give it some up elevator, as forward CG position required some up elevator trim set. Dont like it sitting at netural with deflection up so i am showing all of you where i will be putting my battery the next flight which should allow me to set my elevator trims at dead center.

Click image for larger version Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 1.12.52 PM.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	209309

thank you for confirming the battery placement, I had mine all the way up to the front. You just saved me a bunch of time!
                  awesome landing and great video!

Comment

• Still have mine on the bench but trying to get it ready for NMAD. Needs a clear glossy coat to give it the shine and maybe some flight metal on the inlet. Got a spare 9 channel AS3X to install but from what videos I have seen looks smooth without one. Looks like the overall is that's is a nice plane. In regards to HSD building this, does not HK use AF Models for their planes? Perhaps they both have the same suppliers on pieces

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane View Post

thank you for confirming the battery placement, I had mine all the way up to the front. You just saved me a bunch of time!
                      awesome landing and great video!
                      Mine (using the turnigy heavy duty 5000 6S) is tacked all the way to the back up to the junction box to achieve the recommended CG

Comment

• [QUOTE=tengarang;n209308]Maiden Flight went well, had to give it some up elevator, as forward CG position required some up elevator trim set. Dont like it sitting at netural with deflection up so i am showing all of you where i will be putting my battery the next flight which should allow me to set my elevator trims at dead center.

Tengarang, what is your measured CG position? Are you on, before or after the book cg position? Curious as batteries vary in weight.

oh yea, nice vid of the flight....👍

Comment

• [QUOTE=wolpertinger;n209327]
                          Originally posted by tengarang View Post

Tengarang, what is your measured CG position? Are you on, before or after the book cg position? Curious as batteries vary in weight.

oh yea, nice vid of the flight....👍
                          thank you sir.

you have a very good point

please see the attached picture of my relative CG location compared to the manual. I am slightly behind the cg stated on the manual. I also think moving it further back 3mm to 5mm will even help flaring much easier as well on final approach.

i balanced with the aircraft up side down. and there should be a few degrees of nose down incidence to be accurate from what i see on my side when balancing up side down

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 3.50.26 PM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	209333

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

Nice flight dude!
                            thank you sir i appreciate you shipping the lightburner kit so quickly. just in time for the weekend festivities with the rest of the guys....

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                              Still have mine on the bench but trying to get it ready for NMAD. Needs a clear glossy coat to give it the shine and maybe some flight metal on the inlet. Got a spare 9 channel AS3X to install but from what videos I have seen looks smooth without one. Looks like the overall is that's is a nice plane. In regards to HSD building this, does not HK use AF Models for their planes? Perhaps they both have the same suppliers on pieces
                              Hey wolpertinger,

I wouldnt waste an as3x module on this one, shes a floater and a trainer with a 90mm edf...essentially is what this is. This thing flies easy, and slow, and does not dip at all even when going really slow...my second flight (sorry no video) i was able to slow it down to a stand still in some head wind...kind of like flying a kite. moving the CG back will help with this evemore more so.

I am not too familiar about the suppliers HK is choosing, they dont seem to be operating the same way a few years ago so i wont chime in as my assumptions may be misleading. however i strongly feel HSD is the main supplier because if you just look at the mechanical footprints of this jet, its got HSD written all over it. Also if you search the edf and motor on google, its HSD... so... that is why i think what i think.

I wish you the best of luck and tons of fun for NMAD.
                              just hollar out if you need additional intel with this bird

Comment

Mine (using the turnigy heavy duty 5000 6S) is tacked all the way to the back up to the junction box to achieve the recommended CG
                                Ran, you like these turnigy lipos? gonna have to give them a try. I fear the graphenes will be too heavy but they do pack a punch like the china hobbyline G+ series im using.
                                I need to save money so going to be putting the 3s packs in series 4000mah 55C G+ china hobbyline packs in to circulation. The smaller capacity should give about 3 mins of pretty good punches here and there as this is a lower amp draw setup.

Comment

Ran, you like these turnigy lipos? gonna have to give them a try. I fear the graphenes will be too heavy but they do pack a punch like the china hobbyline G+ series im using.
                                  I need to save money so going to be putting the 3s packs in series 4000mah 55C G+ china hobbyline packs in to circulation. The smaller capacity should give about 3 mins of pretty good punches here and there as this is a lower amp draw setup.
                                  Yes, I like the heavy-duty much more than the CHL; the CHL seemed to lose their punch after about 20 cycles while the heavy-duty ones are still going strong after about 70 cycles

Comment

Yes, I like the heavy-duty much more than the CHL; the CHL seemed to lose their punch after about 20 cycles while the heavy-duty ones are still going strong after about 70 cycles
                                    i have noticed the dip in performance at higher cycles on the CHNL's

so these are the ones you are talking about? price is great!

Comment

i have noticed the dip in performance at higher cycles on the CHNL's

so these are the ones you are talking about? price is great!
                                      Yes, I got most of them when they were on sale for $55

Comment

Yes, I got most of them when they were on sale for $55
                                        that is a great deal.

Comment

• Here’s a maiden with some commentary......

Comment

Working...
                                          X