Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys check these out. Choose your flavor in 40c or 65c. I have both and was blown away by their performance! the price is amazing too! I plan on using the 40c in mine when its ready to go.

ChinaHobbyLine is the official website for CNHL RC Lipo batteries. CNHL aim at providing lithium battery enthusiasts in many countries around the world (US / CA / EU / UK / AU / RU / JP / AE) with high-quality Lipo batteries for RC CAR, FPV drones, we have a lot of cheap lipo batteries for sale, welcome to buy.

ChinaHobbyLine is the official website for CNHL RC Lipo batteries. CNHL aim at providing lithium battery enthusiasts in many countries around the world (US / CA / EU / UK / AU / RU / JP / AE) with high-quality Lipo batteries for RC CAR, FPV drones, we have a lot of cheap lipo batteries for sale, welcome to buy.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• My preference... I have a dozen and use them in 70-90mm 6S and 80-90mm 8S with a 2 cell. Love them and they are small and light.

Check HobbyStar 5200mAh 22.2V, 6S 35C LiPo Battery, SKU: 110-30-110 for just $84.99. HobbyStar LiPo packs combine quality components and powerful cell

Comment

• For anyone who's looking to change the servos on his Mig, I found this servo to be a perfect fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6525.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	209480Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6524.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	209481

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          My preference... I have a dozen and use them in 70-90mm 6S and 80-90mm 8S with a 2 cell. Love them and they are small and light.

https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteri...o-battery.html
          They make some good stuff!! I wait for sales to get them though since the prices are pretty high. But man.... they are a dang good battery! I have some of the 6s 50c 6200mah and they are awesome!
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I have some of them too. I agree with the cost but I can afford them and think they are worth the price. Yes for a sale price and you can email him and he'll send you a coupon code for $5 (or more) and he has free shipping over $50. Good other products too.

Comment

• Assembly completed. Some minor issues easy to fix but they could have saved me about an hour of fiddling with the inner gear doors by putting one line of instructions in the manual. Added pilot from crashed Mig 21. I decided the flimsy foam tail skid might last about one flight so a friend 3D printed me up a new one. The lightburner kit was an easy install and looks great. The hardest part was routing the wire. Balanced on the indicated CG with the battery all the way fwd plus 2.5oz wt. Maiden maybe Fri?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt G View Post
                Assembly completed. Some minor issues easy to fix but they could have saved me about an hour of fiddling with the inner gear doors by putting one line of instructions in the manual. Added pilot from crashed Mig 21. I decided the flimsy foam tail skid might last about one flight so a friend 3D printed me up a new one. The lightburner kit was an easy install and looks great. The hardest part was routing the wire. Balanced on the indicated CG with the battery all the way fwd plus 2.5oz wt. Maiden maybe Fri?
                The tail skid looks awesome, great idea!

Comment

• What's the recommendation for the timer using a 5000mah battery, for mixed-throttle use? Should I set it for 3.5 mins?

It looks to me like longer times might be OK since this model doesn't need full throttle all the time.
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Assembly completed. Some minor issues easy to fix but they could have saved me about an hour of fiddling with the inner gear doors by putting one line of instructions in the manual. Added pilot from crashed Mig 21. I decided the flimsy foam tail skid might last about one flight so a friend 3D printed me up a new one. The lightburner kit was an easy install and looks great. The hardest part was routing the wire. Balanced on the indicated CG with the battery all the way fwd plus 2.5oz wt. Maiden maybe Fri?
                    Any chance the stl files for the skid can be made public? Thingiverse has lots of useful things and this would be a welcome addition.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                      What's the recommendation for the timer using a 5000mah battery, for mixed-throttle use? Should I set it for 3.5 mins?

It looks to me like longer times might be OK since this model doesn't need full throttle all the time.
                      The Mig's stock power system is very efficient, you should be okay with 4-5 minutes of mixed throttle. I flow mine (mixed throttle) for 4 1/2 minutes and landed with 43%

Comment

Second the motion, could you please share the STL file for the tail skid. Thank you!!
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Good to go!
                          Tolga
                          Instagram: @_t01ga_
                          YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Ok now that I have gotten the rest from all the flying and other duties... the Mig will be completed and run up tonight!! its mostly done but I need to get the final prep done for the maiden this weekend. Servo adjustment, gear doors and clear coat... Really looking forward to this bird! I have seen them fly already but its always best when you get to fly your own...

Comment

• Mine arrived this morning and I've just finished with the unpacking, examining all the parts and testing of all the servos. I'm happy to report that all servos tested positive on a servo tester for several cycles. The only flaws (though very slight) were minor warpage in the flaps (or wings) as pictured below. Not a real big deal as I've seen far worse and this will be easily massaged straight. Also, noted was the wooden hold down for the ESC came loose, resulting in the ESC flopping around during shipping and pulling the 3 wires to the motor out. Reconnected, test for proper rotation, repositioned the ESC, glued the wood piece back down, a little hot glue along the edges of the ESC to keep it from moving. Will build when the rains come this weekend.
                              So far, this model appears to be just as good (initial quality) as any of the Freewing and FMS planes I have. If it goes together and flies as well as other private owners have indicated, I think HobbyKing has another winner. They even seem to have gotten the release process right this time (still thinking about the C-130 fiasco). After the many "losers" that have passed through my hanger (of all makes), I'm hoping it will join the fleet of "winners" from HK - BushMule, C-130 ("V2"), Albatross.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3435.JPG
Views:	919
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	209605

Comment

• here's the tail skid:
                                https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3798753

Comment

• I see some people set up the airbrakes differently. Some have them tied to the flaps, while others have them separate and operated by its own switch. What's the pros and cons of each? Also, at what point would you activate the airbrakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    I see some people set up the airbrakes differently. Some have them tied to the flaps, while others have them separate and operated by its own switch. What's the pros and cons of each? Also, at what point would you activate the airbrakes?
                                    Speed brakes are pure drag while flaps are extra lift with drag. I would only put them on separate channels, sometimes you won’t want the extra drag and putting them together, you have no choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Speed brakes are pure drag while flaps are extra lift with drag. I would only put them on separate channels, sometimes you won’t want the extra drag and putting them together, you have no choice.
                                      That's makes sense. I have a fairly good idea of when to use 1/2 flaps and full flaps, but when would you want to use the airbrakes (from this model's point of view and not necessarily from the real plane's point of view)?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C1BE5392-C9AF-4A90-8BDE-A910998C7DC4.jpeg
Views:	1087
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	209647Click image for larger version

Name:	09374E1D-3A0E-4F77-99F4-5711D045D111.jpeg
Views:	1105
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	209644Click image for larger version

Name:	649F647D-A464-4D94-8321-9C131B18830D.jpeg
Views:	1075
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	209651 Well I made some really good progress on mine last night. Got the linkages all lined up as they should be and noticed that the rudder halves were going in separate directions. This could be what is causing the rolling on some of the planes. Be sure to check this stuff before tou get it flying. Yes you can trim it out but the plane will still handle funky this way. I had to bend mine but it was easy to do. I also had to remove a couple servos to get them centered properly since the linkages were not enough. Either way it got done. I also did my first coats of clear and really like how it came out! Will do a lil more work today which will include securing esc/wires, installing ec5 plug and ztw UBEC. Will hopefully have it ready for maiden this sunday... here are pix of what I did...

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

The Mig's stock power system is very efficient, you should be okay with 4-5 minutes of mixed throttle. I flow mine (mixed throttle) for 4 1/2 minutes and landed with 43%
                                          I find that to be true, and looking at your video and tengarangs video it looked like he got over 4 mins of mixed throttle just how I like to fly mine.

@ Tengarng do you mind elaborating how your setup of how the BEC is connected in your setup? I like the idea of extra insurance, but not 100% clear how you went about it, since have a few of those 2s packs floating around and could be put to good use.

Comment

Working...
                                          X