Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks really nice, Evan. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0F2E30CF-D87F-4F08-9460-471DE5E5F91F.jpeg
Views:	1376
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	209857 Pitots on... they are a pain.

Comment

• Thanks a bunch! Already printed some out. The OEM doors are very brittle.

Originally posted by RanGee View Post
      Just uploaded the Mig gear doors to thingiverse however it takes 24 hours before it gets published.
      https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3800059

Comment

• "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming"! My hanger is full of them.

Name:	IMG_3439.JPG
Views:	1061
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	209901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3440.JPG
Views:	989
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	209902Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.JPG
Views:	938
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	209903Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3442.JPG
Views:	985
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	209904

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming"! My hanger is full of them.

Name:	IMG_3439.JPG
Views:	1061
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	209901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3440.JPG
Views:	989
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	209902Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.JPG
Views:	938
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	209903Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3442.JPG
Views:	985
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	209904
          Nice collection!
          On the Russian side, I own the Mig-21 and the Mig-17. I used to own the FW SU-35 and the FLyFly Mig-29 but soled them both

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

Nice collection!
            On the Russian side, I own the Mig-21 and the Mig-17. I used to own the FW SU-35 and the FLyFly Mig-29 but soled them both
            Thanks. My favorite of all my jets and maybe even all my planes is still the SebArt Mig-29s. I may get a chance to maiden this 17 tomorrow and see how it fits in my fave list.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3D6608DF-F289-4E0E-BFE5-2332FCEF6534.jpeg
Views:	1059
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	210021Click image for larger version

Name:	CBF4CA98-47A7-4AFC-8EEB-0BE5A2A397C0.jpeg
Views:	1031
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	210020 Maiden day today. Flew surprisingly good. Easy 4 minutes on 6200 and easy 5 on 8000. Other than some trim no issues at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Name:	3D6608DF-F289-4E0E-BFE5-2332FCEF6534.jpeg
Views:	1059
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	210021Click image for larger version

Name:	CBF4CA98-47A7-4AFC-8EEB-0BE5A2A397C0.jpeg
Views:	1031
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	210020 Maiden day today. Flew surprisingly good. Easy 4 minutes on 6200 and easy 5 on 8000. Other than some trim no issues at all.
                Looks awsome Evan, great job with the red/silver scheme!

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• I am a huge fan of the Arctic Camo scheme but man that red looks HOT Evan!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks! The arctic camo does nothing for me. Even regular camo is iffy. That's why I repainted the 90mm F-4 in Blue Angel. Probably the 20 years in Naval Aviation...

Comment

• the first Mig-17 that I saw fly in person looked like hat! Great stuff! Mine is still on the bench but it was figured out that the sequencer went bad. To me that is fine because the gear doors make it hard to transport!! ear doors coming out and sequencer will be bypassed... will get back to it this evening and hopefully have it flying this week!!
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Mig -17 is now turbined x-45 custom made tail pipe running cool good venturi effect going on ...
                          should be fun ....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Maidened mine this morning - 2 flights. First one was the trimming flight. Battery (Gens Ace 5000) as far aft as possible - right up against that control board. It didn't need much elevator trim and only a couple of clicks of AIL trim. Flew very nicely, sounded terrific. As quoted before by someone, this thing floats right past you. The last 10 feet of altitude, it just doesn't want to come down. No flaps used, not airbrakes used for the landing. Second flight, just like the first, already trimmed so I just flew it. I'm at 3500 feet and it does big loops with ease. Even on high rates, it rolls quite slowly. Second landing used full flaps and activated airbrakes as soon as it touched down. It just kept rolling and ran up onto the grass at the end of the runway and tore out one main retract. Now it doesn't work. Will diagnose later.
                            It's not a real fast jet, but I guess it flies good enough as is, that it doesn't really need to be fast. It's a big plane and it barely fits inside the car whole. My SU-35 is easier to get in the car and I thought that one was "big". Once I fix the retract, another couple of flights and I should be able to land it better. If there are no mishaps or electronics crapping out, this one's a keeper.

Comment

• Was it the nose retract? Was thinking on upgrading from Mig 15. If the Mig 17 handles well on grass runways?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                                Was it the nose retract? Was thinking on upgrading from Mig 15. If the Mig 17 handles well on grass runways?
                                tore out one main retract
                                It's all fixed. When the retract pulled out, it pulled the wires and disconnected the connector behind the wing "board". The plastic mount that the retract is mounted to pulled out of the foam. The retract itself is very strong and well secured in the mount. That's the weak link, not the retract, so if you're just going to replace the retract with the one from the 15, it won't help. I believe the nose retract has a similar mounting system but the forces acting on it come from a different direction. I inspected the other main and that mount, too, was loose so I wicked in some foam safe CA and clamped it.
                                I'm not sure if it will take off from grass. I flew off a GeoTex runway. It was the bounce up onto the grass at the end that tore the retract mount out. This plane lifts off at a very low speed, so it might make it off grass. It seemed to roll quite easily when taxiing back on the grass.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                                    Very nice video John, sharp and zoomed (not like the typical headcam). Oh, and nice flying as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

Very nice video John, sharp and zoomed (not like the typical headcam). Oh, and nice flying as well!
                                      Thanks! Ryan did good on the camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

I'm not sure if it will take off from grass. I flew off a GeoTex runway. It was the bounce up onto the grass at the end that tore the retract mount out. This plane lifts off at a very low speed, so it might make it off grass. It seemed to roll quite easily when taxiing back on the grass.
                                        I have flown mine from grass, relatively well-kept grass. It seemed to require a much longer roll to get off, I mean it doesn't build up a lot of speed compared to some other jets (perhaps because of the drag from the grass, the wheels are relatively small), but other than that I had no problem taking off. Of course when landing the grass slowed down the model very quickly. The gear didn't have any problem handling the grass and the bumps. At least no problems so far!
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• My repaint is coming along nicely. I'll probably make some waterslide decals later today and finish off the tail before moving on to the wings.

One question though, my elevator servo arms weren't properly centered. Anyone else encounter this? ​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190814_200415.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	210299

Comment

Working...
                                          X