• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Perhaps you'd explain to me why they both have the same "N" number

Comment

• Top secret bro!

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
        Mig -17 is now turbined x-45 custom made tail pipe running cool good venturi effect going on ...
        should be fun ....
        Looks good Dan, when are you gonna put it up in the air? Chris and I will be there to be your wing man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Catdog View Post
          Jason Somes just bought a Mig17
          Nice! I know that jet..... it's a well maintained piece!

Comment

• Comment

• Had lots of time flying this weekend but am not gonna fly the mig until the servos get replaced which I plan to get started on this evening...
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                Had lots of time flying this weekend but am not gonna fly the mig until the servos get replaced which I plan to get started on this evening...
                What servos are you going to install?

Comment

• I really enjoyed flying my Mig last Sunday, had a total of 7 flights on the Mig. Here's my morning flight (I did few touch n goes):

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

What servos are you going to install?
                    I plan on using the tower pro MG90S. I have used those in several planes and they work really well without costing an arm and a leg. I may need to reverse on of them on the elevator...haven't looked yet.
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Heres another touch n goes flight from the weekend; this time 10 touch n goes in 7 minutes of flying:

Comment

• I printed and installed the 3DP elevator servo covers that were posted on the thread a little ways back. Peeled off the original tape, and they fit perfectly without any trimming. I covered up the servo wire trench with a piece of scotch tape and painted. I'm happy with how they turned out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_214609.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	211107Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_214637.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	211108
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                          I printed and installed the 3DP elevator servo covers that were posted on the thread a little ways back. Peeled off the original tape, and they fit perfectly without any trimming. I covered up the servo wire trench with a piece of scotch tape and painted. I'm happy with how they turned out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_214609.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	211107Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_214637.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	211108
                          You are welcome ;)
                          Looks very good!

Comment

• Made some progress on my repaint. Spent the day working up 3d models for cockpit eye candy. It won't be scale, but it will look better. Tail feathers are done, I made my own water slide decals using a cricut vinyl cutter. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190822_162749.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	211201Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190822_162749.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	211202

Comment

• Four flights on ours today! Nice flyer.

Maxxed out the right trim on the roll axis on the maiden and she was still trying to roll to the left a little? Upon landing, examination revealed that the trailing edge of the left wing is higher then that of the right wing, when viewed from the rear ... studying both of them from the fuselage out to the ailerons. Not sure if it is the way that the wings index into their saddles in the fuselage or the wing(s) is/are warped? For now, used subtrim to get the ailerons set to where she will fly hands off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                Maxxed out the right trim on the roll axis on the maiden and she was still trying to roll to the left a little?
                                Yours is not the first one that someone has made this observation. I had to go take a look at my trim for this model and it shows that my AIL trim is one click to the left of neutral to fly hands off. To my great surprise and delight, I can't be more pleased and satisfied with this and the previous three Avios planes (Albatross, C-130 - 2nd edition and BushMule). Did I luck out?

Comment

Four flights on ours today! Nice flyer.

Maxxed out the right trim on the roll axis on the maiden and she was still trying to roll to the left a little? Upon landing, examination revealed that the trailing edge of the left wing is higher then that of the right wing, when viewed from the rear ... studying both of them from the fuselage out to the ailerons. Not sure if it is the way that the wings index into their saddles in the fuselage or the wing(s) is/are warped? For now, used subtrim to get the ailerons set to where she will fly hands off.

You need these (on the ailerons anyway)
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Four flights on ours today! Nice flyer.

Looks really good! I wonder if the gear being stuck down had something to do with the trim? But mine did need quite a bit of trim as well. Not sure why...

Comment

• Has anyone found a decent pilot figure for the MiG?

Comment

• I have the one from the FW 90mm T-45 in mine and like it.

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                        Has anyone found a decent pilot figure for the MiG?

Comment

• Hey guys, I had a couple of nice flights today with my MIG at a warbird meet. On the last flight I made a dumb mistake on the landing and bounced it. The "dreaded pogo bounce". It sprung into the air and wallowed nose-high - almost stopped and was going to drop out the air but I gave it full throttle and just managed not to crash - it was just enough to prevent a stall and the second "touch" was pretty hard as well, it slammed in pretty good. There was no structural damage but after inspection, I found one of the main gear doors had broken off the mount (so I am printing a new set of doors) and I found some pretty nasty damage on the nose gear retract unit. It had been forced backwards by the impact and broke the mount. The retract unit itself was undamaged. (wish we could get metal-case retracts for the FW Corsair!)

If you look at your plane, you'll see that the nose retract unit is held onto four plastic posts by 4 metal screws. The force of the "landing" actually bent two of the screws, stripped another out, and broke one of the plastic posts off. Also, it bent the aluminum mount that the little steering servo is attached to. (HK offers a replacement steering servo mount in the spare parts list, I wonder why). I took the nose gear out, straightened the servo mount, epoxied the plastic post, and replaced the two bent screws. I used some Foam-tac on the threads to help with the stripped plastic. Then I did this neat trick, which I learned was useful on the FW A4 Skyhawk nose gear. I drilled some small holes and installed two small zip-ties like you can see in this picture. This secures the retract to the floor and prevents the gear from bending backwards in a hard landing (which I hope not to repeat)!!

This is a very easy mod which will help avoid breaking the plastic nose gear mount.

Here are two pics to show my work. I removed the nose gear doors to make it a bit easier to work in there.
                                          If you look closely hear you can see the epoxy under the front right screw, and you can see the back left screw looks different. I was amazed that the original screws were actually bent!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190824_221044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	211359Click image for larger version  Name:	20190824_223252.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	211360
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X