Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone asked about flying this plane from grass. I flew mine today from my grass field. This is the same field that my F/A-18 and F-35 could NOT get off the ground. With the stock Mig-17, there was no problem. It took about 150 to 200 feet to lift off. Landings were uneventful and if anything, were much smoother (with no bounce) than from the smooth GeoTex runway. Sorry, no video due to some peoples' objection to hat cam vids on this forum.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EC368995-A8EE-486A-95DF-CA6FB861D3CE.jpeg
Views:	982
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	211390Click image for larger version

Name:	2F039287-335F-487E-B5DB-7CB673E34279.jpeg
Views:	993
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	211389Click image for larger version

Name:	B71FB07A-49F7-4AA9-8E1C-82E7A642A6B7.jpeg
Views:	1052
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	211394Click image for larger version

Name:	89711A55-CEFD-4197-9822-32815E56A5C2.jpeg
Views:	1051
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	211392Click image for larger version

Name:	ACC357E8-8AA7-4FE1-80BA-2B59678DD660.jpeg
Views:	1063
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	211393Click image for larger version

Name:	41F91DB5-3AD3-4914-8A1A-9AF18097775E.jpeg
Views:	934
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	211391 Friday was the maiden day. It wasn’t the easiest maiden I had. Did require some R-AIL trim and some up ELE but then it was hands off. I have Y’d the airbrakes to flaps and I had no pitch change with 20mm take off flaps and 38mm (90%) landing flaps. I had 4 flights altogether and the plane slows down enough for smooth landings. I did ran out of runway on the maiden as it likes to float and roll. However knowing that previous landings were uneventful with hardly any head wind and some crosswind.
      I have flown with HRB 6000s and settled with CG at about an inch behind the airflow hole inside fuselage which allowed me to take back some of the ELE trim. I got 4 mins flight time on the last flight and I feel I can improve on that.
      I love the way it sounds and love its presence in the air so it is a keeper.
      I am waiting for my afterburner from Ran and pilot on the ready (needs painting).
      Tolga
      Instagram: @_t01ga_
      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
        Friday was the maiden day. It wasn’t the easiest maiden I had. Did require some R-AIL trim and some up ELE but then it was hands off. I have Y’d the airbrakes to flaps and I had no pitch change with 20mm take off flaps and 38mm (90%) landing flaps. I had 4 flights altogether and the plane slows down enough for smooth landings. I did ran out of runway on the maiden as it likes to float and roll. However knowing that previous landings were uneventful with hardly any head wind and some crosswind.
        I have flown with HRB 6000s and settled with CG at about an inch behind the airflow hole inside fuselage which allowed me to take back some of the ELE trim. I got 4 mins flight time on the last flight and I feel I can improve on that.
        I love the way it sounds and love its presence in the air so it is a keeper.
        I am waiting for my afterburner from Ran and pilot on the ready (needs painting).
        Nice pictures t01ga! The pilot looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Someone asked about flying this plane from grass. I flew mine today from my grass field. This is the same field that my F/A-18 and F-35 could NOT get off the ground. With the stock Mig-17, there was no problem. It took about 150 to 200 feet to lift off. Landings were uneventful and if anything, were much smoother (with no bounce) than from the smooth GeoTex runway. Sorry, no video due to some peoples' objection to hat cam vids on this forum.
          People can object to you hatcam video as much as they can to any of your other posts - they have the choice of viewing/reading them. If you want to share it, that's your call. If they call your video pointless, then so is their clicking to view it.

Or just post a link to wherever else you post it (e.g. YouTube).

Comment

• With the kind of negativity and ignorance seen from those who object to hat cam vids, I've lost interest in posting vids in forums. I do them for my own records now. I play them on my PC at fullscreen and with some magnification and I can the "little blip" just fine. Pump it into a big screen TV and it's even better. With 4K cams now, you can blow those things up without losing too much.

Comment

• I designed a scale cockpit set for the Mig-17. If you're interested in the STL printfiles or a pre-printed set, contact me on pat.verlinden@telenet.be

Comment

• Very cool!! Thanks! Email sent to you! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick verlinden View Post
                  I designed a scale cockpit set for the Mig-17. If you're interested in the STL printfiles or a pre-printed set, contact me on pat.verlinden@telenet.be
                  Looks awesome, email sent bud. My name is John

Comment

• There are now a few of these jets flying around with turbines, here's a link to one with the new X45 turbine in it, a perfect choice!

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick verlinden View Post
                      I designed a scale cockpit set for the Mig-17. If you're interested in the STL printfiles or a pre-printed set, contact me on pat.verlinden@telenet.be
                      Awesome job. Email sent.
                      Tolga

Comment

With the kind of negativity and ignorance seen from those who object to hat cam vids, I've lost interest in posting vids in forums. I do them for my own records now. I play them on my PC at fullscreen and with some magnification and I can the "little blip" just fine. Pump it into a big screen TV and it's even better. With 4K cams now, you can blow those things up without losing too much.
                        if people dont care for it then so what... there are way more that do than dont. And you are right. Even my Runcam V1 takes video good enough to blow up on a big screen TV for viewing. Keep posting my friend!! Who cares about the gripers....

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          if people dont care for it then so what... there are way more that do than dont. And you are right. Even my Runcam V1 takes video good enough to blow up on a big screen TV for viewing. Keep posting my friend!! Who cares about the gripers....
                          Thanks for the encouragement. Instead of posting up a video, I may just post up my YouTube channel and those who really want to take a peek can go there and have a look at what video interests them. I know some people do this just to get "a million views" but I don't really care about that. I'm not part of the "look at me" culture.

Comment

• Found this clip, from tengarang. Still dont understand why he isnt posting. Does anyone care to tell me why he is being banned?

Comment

• Got a formation flight with me flying the Freewing Mig-21 80mm and Frank flying his 90mm Mig-17... great combo!! Mine has an FMS fan but his is all stock...

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. Instead of posting up a video, I may just post up my YouTube channel and those who really want to take a peek can go there and have a look at what video interests them. I know some people do this just to get "a million views" but I don't really care about that. I'm not part of the "look at me" culture.
                                I don't get many views but the people that do watch them really enjoy them... that is all that matters to me!

Comment

• Another video dont see being shared here

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4C6AB99C-32F1-4A17-A3DC-07447A5CBDB5.jpeg
Views:	730
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	211977Click image for larger version

Name:	DE20C470-3B7D-4A1C-8955-54D9FCE9BC75.jpeg
Views:	725
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	211976 WORD OF WARNING!!!
                                    Whilst installing my afterburner I saw that wires are all tangled around the wing tube channel especially the wires coming of the wing plugs. Couple of wires were kinked but luckily none had been cut. I assume they had been caught when pushing the wing tube. I have glued in a wire mesh guard and now the tube channel is all clear from any wire.
                                    You might want to check your installation.
                                    Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane View Post
                                      Found this clip, from tengarang. Still dont understand why he isnt posting. Does anyone care to tell me why he is being banned?

Hawker_Hurricane, Tengarang took a vacation from this forum, hopefully, he will be back soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

Hawker_Hurricane, Tengarang took a vacation from this forum, hopefully, he will be back soon.
                                        Actually it is an involuntary permanent vacation because as Hawker_Hurricane indicated he was banned.
                                        To Hawkers question regarding the ban, the moderators don't disclose the details.
                                        I've been a member of this forum for 5 years and have seen only 3 folks get banned.
                                        It takes quite a bit of ridiculous behavior to get the boot.
                                        Back to the pleasantries of this hobby and this forum.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ran’s “Lightburner” afterburner is in. This thing is sweet.
                                          Tolga

Comment

Working...
                                          X