X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Airforce Trainer

Well I am wondering. Whose going to be the first to make the new Boeing/Saab T-7 Airforce trainer in edf . It has some nice lines and is a perfect set up for single 70 mm 6s
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
    Well I am wondering. Whose going to be the first to make the new Boeing/Saab T-7 Airforce trainer in edf . It has some nice lines and is a perfect set up for single 70 mm 6s
    I'd prefer a 4s setup myself. To me it looks like a cross between an F/A-18 and an F-35. But on of the things it reminded me most of, especially the profile pictures, was the F-5/T-38. And if it can be armed, perhaps we could sell it to 3rd world countries like we did the F-5, rather than selling F-16s.

Comment

I would absolutely be in if someone ever does it in 6s 70mm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I'd prefer a 4s setup myself. To me it looks like a cross between an F/A-18 and an F-35. But on of the things it reminded me most of, especially the profile pictures, was the F-5/T-38. And if it can be armed, perhaps we could sell it to 3rd world countries like we did the F-5, rather than selling F-16s.
        4s....feh, why bother

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

4s....feh, why bother
          Because I like the idea of jets, but not allways at high speed. And not everybody had wide open fields to fly in. Not everybody just has some tall grass to walk through to recover a downed plane. At the field I fly at, it requires a machete and sometimes repelling gear. So the thought of a plane that costs $300 and a battery that costs $95 doesn't seem right in my book. Plus it IS supposed to be a trainer.

Comment

Valkpilot raises valid points. For me personally this feels like a 70/80mm 6S EDF...My flying buddies and I have been talking about this jet for awhile. It's hard for me to get excited for jets smaller than 80mm/6S these days but I can respect the need for smaller offerings as well.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Personally, I think the 70mm on 6s is the sweet spot for edf jets for power and flight time. The FW v2 Arctic camo F-16 sold me on that concept. 2 years ago. To me the v2 F-16 is a 80mm airframe flying on a 70mm fan and it fly's really well. I have over 250+ flights on my 1st one and the only thing .I have changed on it is one nose strut and recently the motor fan bearings went out, I put a FMS fan and inrunner as a replacement and I am going to have to replace the wheel's because I fly off an asphalt runway and they are wearing down.
              My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

I'm wondering who will be the first to drop a 12S set-up in this one:

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                  I'm wondering who will be the first to drop a 12S set-up in this one:

Sean
                  Looks too big for even that. I'd say it's turbine only, but then again, I don't look into the big birds.

Comment

I was just reading a good article on the new Air force trainer getting its official designation. The full name will be the T-7A "Red Hawk." Check out the story in the link below to see how it got its name.
                    I also agree that an RC jet trainer should be simple and affordable. A 70mm would be great.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...nd-designation

Click image for larger version

Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1568660266496-190916-f-af999-0012.jpeg?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.1&s=38d2fcbc38214419ef2dbb06507f5b35.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	213929

Comment

Well I’ve never wanted to buy a trainer, ever. Just never did it for me. But when I first saw it during the bid competition, I said to my self, if Freewing makes that, I’d buy it preorder. It’s a nice looking jet IMHO.

gravy

Comment

As someone still relatively new to EDFs, I rather appreciate the smaller, less expensive models. I've found it a lot easier to relax and enjoy flying the 64mm Stinger, with the thought that it's not several hundred dollars worth of airplane at risk if something goes wrong. It's also nice that the battery for the Stinger is under $20, so ordering extras is a minor expense.

It's nice when models are available in different sizes for those with different skill levels and different budgets, such as is done with the F-22. Those who like big and full-featured can get the 90mm, while those of us still learning can try out the 64mm (which may be on my "wish list" for the Holidays this year).

Comment

I think it's nice looking, but probably wouldn't spring for it, any more than an F-22. There nice looking planes though, no doubt about it. I'm sure many would like this plane. What can I say. I'm old school, nuff said. I'm focusing on scratch building at the moment.

W

PS, I sat in an F-35 yesterday. USS Nimitz pulled into North Island yesterday, all of it's fighter planes were parked on the ramp, so I went out to check out the f-35's up close and personal. This plane is actually a big hit for the US Navy. The pilots seem to love it! To me it made me think of the A-4, & A-7. The US Navy loved those too. Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            As someone still relatively new to EDFs, I rather appreciate the smaller, less expensive models. I've found it a lot easier to relax and enjoy flying the 64mm Stinger, with the thought that it's not several hundred dollars worth of airplane at risk if something goes wrong. It's also nice that the battery for the Stinger is under $20, so ordering extras is a minor expense.

It's nice when models are available in different sizes for those with different skill levels and different budgets, such as is done with the F-22. Those who like big and full-featured can get the 90mm, while those of us still learning can try out the 64mm (which may be on my "wish list" for the Holidays this year).
                            You might want to check out the SkyAngel 50mm line from either Porcupine RC or Banana, but note that the Banana models use non-standard battery connectors. There's also the Arrows RC Marlin ( https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-airplanes/pnp/AH009P.html ) and Top RC Jetstar which comes in red and blue from here: https://hobbyforless.com/toprc-jet-s...-pnp-blue.html and green from Hobby King. I have the Jetstar in blue.but haven't flown it yet,

Comment

To me, it kinda looks like a Flex Jet with a tandem canopy and twin tails. I hope. Someone. Comes out with it preferably in 70mm 6s.

Comment

The Flex Jet was modeled after the Korean KAI T-50 Golden Eagle, which in turn was developed using elements from the General Dynamics F-16.

To me the new trainer looks like the lovechild of a F/A-18F Super Hornet and a F-5 Freedom Fighter.

Comment

Yea.. I think you got something there... The DNA is definitely there ...

Comment

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                    The Flex Jet was modeled after the Korean KAI T-50 Golden Eagle, which in turn was developed using elements from the General Dynamics F-16.

To me the new trainer looks like the lovechild of a F/A-18F Super Hornet and a F-5 Freedom Fighter.
                                    And all their friends said the relationship would never work....

Comment

my wallet would open, but then my wallet is a bit of a slut when it comes to pretty planes.

70-80mm is a sweet spot for sure. good performance at altitude (our field is at 5200ft with air density in summer hovering around 8500ft) . The 90mm 6s tend to fly heavy at altitude.

Comment

I hope one of the manufacturers take note and get the gears turning on this new jet soon.

Comment

Working...
                                        X