X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post

I can keep goin, I'll just wait for your rwply or for admins to intervene.
    Intervened.. If you haven't already, please read this here:

Pay particular attention to:

"TROLLING

Trolling is defined as: To make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. Trolling for ANY reason is prohibited. Often times a troll is someone who recently registered, is not engaged as a known member of the community, whose majority of posts are to shock or incite or anger. Trolls are looked at by Hobby Squawk staff as hostile and will be banned immediately and permanently with no second chances.

Hobby Squawk has a ZERO tolerance for trolling."

You made your point, Xviper made his.. agree to disagree and move on. 'Nuff said...
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Can someone please explain why there is no suspension travel left while it is just sitting there? I think that is a bad design?

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
        Can someone please explain why there is no suspension travel left while it is just sitting there? I think that is a bad design?
        I read it was to reduce any tendency to sway during the takeoff roll when making steering adjustments. I think it's a good reason as my FW F15 does sway when I make aggressive steering inputs on the ground. The lack of "suspension" is really not that important so as long as the runway is fairly smooth and you can make a half way descent landing. During landing it would be more important to have some "dampening" instead. This can easily be done by putting a thick grease on the struts to slow down the compression when touching down. I plan to try it on mine.

Comment

Just saw one today. Dont know what eflite is thinking but the graphics are sh*t. Paper stickers with colored background that doesnt come close to matching the paint. Decals arent hard horizon.

Gear look fantastic. Looks like flies well.too,.but ground handling... terrible. There was at least 15 degrees of slop on each side of center for the nose wheel. Hit a bump, and the nose tucks and scrapes the fuse. Replacing the linkage with a ball joint clevis instead of a z bend should help, but for this money, it shoild be a lot better than it is

It seems that Horizon thinks that we will be dazzled by how cool the gear look that we wont see or care about the serious shortcomings in the model.

Comment

Getting ready for my maiden flight this Saturday. Easy build and looks great. A little concerned that the recommended CG appears a bit forward at 70-78mm from the leading edge, but better conservative forward than aft for the first flight. Note, there is an insert included, that has revised flap settings different from the PDF and hard copy manual.

Comment

Flew my first flights today. Weather was in the mid 50’s winds 2mph gusting to 10 mph right down the asphalt runway. Beautiful flying plane, but I suggest all view pilot Ryan’s maiden of the EFLITE F18 for some helpful hints. My experience aligned well with Ryan. Definitely use high rate elevator and mid flaps for takeoff. I used a 5000 mAh battery weighing 740g placed 1 3/4” aft of the forward lip of the battery compartment. CG approx at 78mm from where the leading edge meets the fuselage with gear down. As a Ryan indicated the recommended elev mix with flap is negative on the DX8G2 not positive as shown in the manual. Even with the elev trim horn adjusted full forward I still required some nose up trim on my radio to maintain level flight flaps up at mid power. Not sure I want to move the CG further aft not knowing how much margin remains, but maybe with more flights under my belt I’ll give it a try.

Comment

I'd say 8 or 9 times out of ten, any bouncing or "porpoising" with this plane will be due to the nosegear, not the mains - unless you land nosewheel-touchdown-first.

Comment

Well Boys I have to say the E=flight F-18C Is the nicest and most scale bird I seen to date, and looks much more accurate to date. I got mu jet 10 days ago and decided to to give it a better scale look and take it to the next level. I'm gonna fly her on 6000 packs which will give me a minimum of 4+ minutes.

Comment

Apache Jets , can we please fix the E-flite spelling in the title? My OCD is killing me!

Comment

Maiden flown on the F-18 plus one other flight. Good approach but got her a little slow. Attached is a video of the landing. All is well, that is tough gear. Take off roll was about 200’, landing flaps and high rates. CG was set at 75mm with a Hobby Star 4600mah all the way forward. All rates set up by the book except Elevator to Flap had to go negative on the elevator mix to get up elevator for down flaps. This jet is a keeper.

Comment

Had a great maiden flight today on the F-18 with full ordinance and duel tanks. She flew almost perfect! Just needed 2 clicks of down trim after take off. Here's my 2 cents as to what is the best set up for this bird. That manual CG number is 70-78mm, I found that 75mm is perfect with a 5000mAh Lipo pack set at about 19mm from the foam edge from the beginning of the battery trey. The up elevator mix for full flap setting is a little aggressive and doesn't need to be the suggested 10% setting, 7% is more accurate. I found if you land on speed with the correct AOA for the F-18 (which is 11degrees or so) the jet will com in perfectly scale like and lands easily with power. Do NOT try and fly this jet like a cheap edf jet from high to low with too much speed and nose down attitude and try to swap ends at the end and expect a nice landing….. It won't work out for you. You will have a hard landing or pitch up too much and have a high chance stalling jet at the wing tips which may result in a complete stall of your bird. Also the aileron throw are not enough as per manual. Out of the box the jet fly's fine and scale like but the complete aileron role at full speed is not enough. I recommend keep the manual settings but move the servo control rod from the 3rd inner hole (whish is set at the factory) and move it to the first/most outer hole on the servo arm, this will give you more command and control. Elevator and flap setting is perfect.

Good luck guys tell me how things work out for ya. I have a pic of my buddy who I built the jet for. I plan doing a "Chippy Ho" Dambusters version in the next couple of weeks. Special thanks to Cali Graphics!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8284.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	217215

Comment

Dude. Sorry about the typo.. I got sausage fingers.
                          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Can any of the moderators fix the spelling on my title posting. It's bugging me too. I can't figure out how to fix it. Thank you
                            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                              Can any of the moderators fix the spelling on my title posting. It's bugging me too. I can't figure out how to fix it. Thank you
                              I edited it for you, Apache Jets. My first post in long time now that my access to Squawk has been restored.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I edited it for you, Apache Jets. My first post in long time now that my access to Squawk has been restored.
                                How does ALPHA not have access to the Squawk????

Comment

Multi-national bases, most of which into areas that are... a bit... restricted... at the moment... even more so than usual. But it seems we've got a stable workaround, at least for the moment I'm typing this.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Whew...had me worried there for a second....

Comment

LOL I was editing your title at the same time Alfa was.... At least it is fixed, and also!! Welcome back online Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

Thanks Alpha, I know your secretly working on the T-38 and the new 70 mm T7-Redhawk. Wink,wink, nudge, nudge Christmas is right around the corner. Alpha Clause is very very busy in his work shop at the North pole.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                          X