X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 90mm F22 takeoff rotation

When I fly my F22 I need to pull back pretty hard to get rotation and its way to steep. I want a nice smooth transition ,move battery back? I am at 150mm now.
    My runway is short grass and 400ft long takes almost all of it to get off. Once in the air it flies nice no elevator trimming. I have ordered FW 1835kv 12 blade edf to see if this helps.
    Any suggestions would be great.
    thanks
    Adrian

Are you using flaps?

Comment

Yes I use takeoff flaps.

Comment

Add 10mm of elevator travel. If you use exponential increase it. As your Raptor approaches takeoff speed quickly pull back fully on the elevator then quickly neutralize the elevator. From your description it seems like you’re holding back pressure on the elevator too long. Also move the battery back.

Comment

400ft on a grass runway with a stock EDF sounds about right. Then since the plane doesn't have good airspeed you are muscling it in the air with a little too much elevator. If the plane is balanced correctly the solution would be more power to get the ground speed up...

Comment

I too fly from grass. It's fairly short, but dense. I've dialed in more deflection on the take-off flaps. They are pretty close to what's called for in landing flaps. It helps get the plane a little "lighter" when on the grass and helps getting to take off speed in a shorter distance. Don't hold full up elevator this way or she could lift before being fully ready to fly.

Comment

Thanks for all suggestions,I will move batt back to 160mm and add more takeoff flaps and see how that works. I think when the 1835 kv 12 blade comes that will help as well.

Comment

I am happy with 150mm... Any further back and it feels tail heavy for me and I usually like tail heavy.

Comment

Working...
                X