X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabre 64mm undercarriage?

Hi, everyone.I've recently gained access to a tarmac strip (quiet road!), and was thinking about fitting undercarriage to my 64mm Sabre. Does anyone have any ideas about fixed or retracts, and any alternative sets that may fit the 64mm Sabre, please? Thank you, Den, Cymru.

Originally posted by denvoyager View Post
    Hi, everyone.I've recently gained access to a tarmac strip (quiet road!), and was thinking about fitting undercarriage to my 64mm Sabre. Does anyone have any ideas about fixed or retracts, and any alternative sets that may fit the 64mm Sabre, please? Thank you, Den, Cymru.
    Are you good with a knife and Dremel? For your nose wheel, use the nose wheel from this: https://www.motionrc.com/products/p-...=1511850868761. Measure and cut a hole near the nose, but just the block part, not the base plate. For the mains you either Dremel out pads to match he P.15 mains, or order and use the mains from this: http://www.porcupinerc.com/Powerzone...et_p_1209.html . I prefer these because it's Dremeling a simple line to match the block and the "teeth" help hold the LG in place.

Comment

Thanks, Valkpilot. I have a set of P15 u/carriage, so I'll look into that. The second set from Porcupine will not be possible, as US postal charges would rocket the price up to a few thousand dollars!JJ! The problem with the Sabre is there is no Rudder, so a steerable nose-leg would be desirable, unless I have I fit of patience, and an extremely wide road to take off from! It's marginal, because it's pretty good from a hand launch. Keep safe, Den, Cymru (Wales)

Comment

Thanks, Valkpilot. I have a set of P15 u/carriage, so I'll look into that. The second set from Porcupine will not be possible, as US postal charges would rocket the price up to a few thousand dollars!JJ! The problem with the Sabre is there is no Rudder, so a steerable nose-leg would be desirable, unless I have I fit of patience, and an extremely wide road to take off from! It's marginal, because it's pretty good from a hand launch. Keep safe, Den, Cymru (Wales)
        DO an internet search on J-Power RC. There should be at least one dealer over there that sell the EDFs, and should sell landing gear as well.

Comment

Will do, thanks

Comment

Will do, thanks
            Sorry, wrong company. It's SkyAngel rc..

Comment

Working...
            X