Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't ragging anyone either, throwing some humor in this evening was all, just saying how I wasn't in a hurry right now, letting others get them first so I can see them on the hog before I make my decision.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Brad, nobody is ragging anyone. The oleo mains were never offered as a fix for the bouncing issue and that is all that is being said. Therefore, if anyone wants them for that reason there is a potential for disappointment. I tell you what, I have two sets ordered because I have two A-10's but I will gladly send you one of my sets for what I paid for them plus $5 shipping and I can wait for the second set when the next batch arrives.
      Not neccessary my friend. You of all people were not who I was referring to. Just tired of hearing all the noise about one set of struts over the other. I guess I'm done with this subject. Just wanted to set the record straight as far as I'm concerned. I like this thread as long as it stays positive.
      Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Not neccessary my friend. You of all people were not who I was referring to. Just tired of hearing all the noise about one set of struts over the other. I guess I'm done with this subject. Just wanted to set the record straight as far as I'm concerned. I like this thread as long as it stays positive.
        Brad
        The offer still stands Brad. Consider it.

Comment

• WOW GPJ! That is a great scheme, and an awesome job of painting! Cudos my friend!!! Rob

Comment

• Guys, there are plenty of videos out there, and we’ve all seen them personally, of even really, really good pilots who bounce their planes, on every type of landing gear possible. This plane is no different. There are those who’ve never had a bounce with it, or slight ones. And there are those who’s landings may not be as smooth, and then encounter a characteristic from the way the nose gear does react if it hits too hard. At school me point we are all going to experience a not-so-perfect landing.

On most planes to-date, what we usually see when a nose gear hits too hard, is it either collapses or it breaks the end of nose/fuselage. Not so much this one. It’s tough!

I can almost guarantee that there will still be bounces on even the new nose and mains, because the landing may not be perfect. It’s the way it is fo any plane. The new gear is, as Steve said, made to help some, but it is more or less there for aesthetics for those who want that scale look. Again, it may help dampen some of the bounciness, but not 100% your saving grace.

Dont gripe to MRC when we still continue to see some bounces with the “upgraded” gear. It may help in many cases, but if there are those who can’t quite get “Every” landing to be “Bounce-Free”, then, well...?

Also, as reminder, what other company do you know of that is listening to its base the way MRC has and still does? They tried to solve and answer the request for those that were really griping about how many pilots were flying from grass fields and don’t have access to pavement. In my opinion they bent over backwards to quickly come to the rescue when they designed this one.

Now we have those that are bi___ng about why they didn’t use the oleos in the first place. My gosh!

They heard the base again, and again went to answer the call by designing the optional gear for us. Again I say, what other company is going to listen to us the way they do? Other companies would either not answer you, or tell you to deal with it. Then if they saw an opportunity to make an even bigger sale, they’d make some mods, upgrade that gear, release a version 2, then jack up the price on it. That’s really where you’d pay for it.

Let’s be careful that this forum doesn’t become what many of us ran away from in other forums. It’s not too fun anymore when you see your friend(s) getting kicked in the teeth.

MRC has been a really good friend for this hobby!

Comment

• Also, under my peer pressure through this thread, and for the fear of not wanting to miss out, I too ordered a set of mains and nose gear. Even though I fly mainly from pavement, I don’t really mind the trailing link gear, as I really like the way the plane settles in on them at touch down. I bought the gear purely for aesthetics.

So so if someone really needs them I won’t mind giving them up until the next run if someone needs them. To-date I haven’t had any bounces (fingers crossed, hands in praying position, Jenny-flexing, and eyes fixed into heaven, giving thanks). So please let me know if you really need them. I really don’t mind sending them your way. I can wait for the next run.

From one Squawker to another, I’m being serious brothers!

Comment

• Hey Sky Wolf, I appreciate the offer of the gear and I assure you I meant no ill will towards MRC and I have nothing but respect for you. If you and Steve got the gear for aesthetics like you say, that's fine. Just wish you and anybody else who wanted them for that reason would have waited but that ship has sailed. I will wait my turn and I wont be excepting any belated offers. If you go back and read the posts between me and Alpha and others, you will see that the upgraded gear had everything to do with calming down the bounce and nothing to do with aesthetics no matter how it's getting characterized now. I would just like to move on and not dwell on this anymore and get the new gear on the next round. Peace brother,Brad

Comment

• :Cool:Good morning Brad. I’m totally onboard with you regarding over-stocking or just stocking arbitrarily, when others are affected by it. I’ve been there before too. I hate it when I read that someone bought 2-4 of an item and I can’t get it because it went out so quickly. It chaps my hide as well!

I cant fully speak for Steve (RcJetDude), but I’m sure I’m pretty close when I say, we get it and agree with you. And that’s why we are offering it to you. To be honest, I’m not sure if I’ll install them quickly or not. So I have no problem getting them to you to enjoy them my brother.

Lets us know, yes, it will be an open offer to you because we care about our fellow Squawkers!

Everyone have an INCREDIBLE Thursday. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks so much Skywolf. That really means allot to me that you get it and feel the same way. I guess I was just too invested in the fellowship and common courtesy aspect of this forum and then got my boxers in a bunch when everybody acted like it was black friday at the mall when the first shipment of upgraded gear came in. Appreciate the offer from both you and Steve but it sounds like the next batch is going to be here soon so I will wait and not be shipping stuff back and forth. Thanks again for stepping up my brother.
                    Brad

Comment

• It’s spring time...well in some places anyway. :)

Lets FLY!!

Comment

• Got my mains today

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                          Got my mains today
                          Eh, I should have waited for pics like this. I obviously appreciate the effort to make and offer scale mains, but if those are the scale struts, the difference in look compared to the trailing links just aren’t enough to make a big “scale appearance”. I purchased them for looks alone, but would have rather saved the cash after seeing the pictures.

Comment

• Dual scissor would have been nice, but I'm happy. I got it mostly for the bucking on asphalt.

To really be scale, it shouldn't be an offset oleo. But with the way the retract is located in the sponson , offset is required for for wheel to fit properly.

Comment

• That’s what I was worried about because I didn’t see a way they could make a truly scale look just with a redesign of the struts after the fact that the plane wasn’t designed for true to scale mains. I’ll have to think about selling them when I get them.

Comment

• The upside of the oleos is that main gear doors can be added without interfering with the compression like trailing links. I'm going to tackle a set for mine since I personally find them to be a big feature for the plane

Comment

• Got mine today too. I don't have a problem with them. I think the will look great.

Comment

Got my mains today
                                    Crap.........I was hoping that they were going to be a straight strut. It actually looks like a slightly shortened version of the FW P-51 struts(which is 1/2" longer) and with a little more robust bottom end.
                                    Guess maybe I'll keep these for some other project but go with my alternate plan #2 which was the FMS 1700 Corsair struts.
                                    They are exactly the same length as the A-10 un-sprung trailing link length of 4-3/4".
                                    Just happen to have a pair of the white ones from the discontinued grey version.:Smug:
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Won't you have to offset the wheel bay or the retract mechanism Charlie?

Comment

• You'd have to offset the retracts inboard. Here is an example with my scratchbuilt hog of what I did to use straight struts.

Comment

You'd have to offset the retracts inboard. Here is an example with my scratchbuilt hog of what I did to use straight struts.
                                          Very cool!!! Looks nice... :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X