Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally go the Hawg back together after the power line touch and go. Minimum damage. Love this plane.

Comment

• Noticing a little more slop in my nose gear. Anyone experience this after a few good/bad landings

Comment

• Originally posted by brrzee View Post
        Noticing a little more slop in my nose gear. Anyone experience this after a few good/bad landings

Yes, there's a fix for it in my landing gear mod post. You just need to make a new plate with a shallower notch.

TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yup. I just made a part to hopefully fix it. Idea borrowed from some Avanti owners

Comment

• Awesome thx for the pics...noticing my gear door is not closing all the way as well..any fix to this..doesnt seem bent or broken..

Comment

Awesome thx for the pics...noticing my gear door is not closing all the way as well..any fix to this..doesnt seem bent or broken..
              Is it getting held up by the wheel? If it is, then something is bent or not aligned right even though it may look like nothing is wrong.

Comment

• Yes Xviper, thinking i got something going on with my nose gear. Going to order a new one. Had a bad bouncy landing and things just dont seem right. Lots of slop in the nose wheel going on as well.

Comment

Yes Xviper, thinking i got something going on with my nose gear. Going to order a new one. Had a bad bouncy landing and things just dont seem right. Lots of slop in the nose wheel going on as well.
                  The reason I made that statement is because I did the same thing with mine yesterday. Came in with too little power and it dropped down hard and bounced off a divot and came down hard again. The wheel didn't go into the bay far enough and held the door open a bit. I will be taking mine apart tomorrow to inspect it. I think I've either stripped a couple of threads on the worm drive or bent the strut pin where it goes into the trunnion. Not an uncommon occurrence. I think I've got a couple of replacement pins and I even have spare retracts.
                  It wasn't so severe that I even got in another flight with it like that before packing it up for the day.

Comment

• Xviper..so u flew it with the gear door not closed all the way? If so did u notice any difference? Such as a bit of drag or anything. Let me know what you find out upon inspection of nose gear.

Cheers

Comment

Xviper..so u flew it with the gear door not closed all the way? If so did u notice any difference? Such as a bit of drag or anything. Let me know what you find out upon inspection of nose gear.

Cheers
                      Gear door was open about 3/8". I felt no noticeable effect when flying. This plane is so big (and fairly heavy) and so powerful (80mm) that even if the door never closed, I doubt I would feel or see and difference in flight characteristics. After all, the door sees the wind on edge. The only visible effect was when it was driving around on the ground. The nose strut looked like it was tilted back a bit and the steering was sloppy/loose.
                      I'll be headed down the hobby room fairly soon to take the nose gear off and see what's going on.

Comment

• Just took my nose retract out and as soon as the metal plate came off, it was obvious what happened. The plastic casing of the retract cracked on impact. This in turn, made the screw drive jump and skipped a few threads. I'll need to order a new nose retract as I don't have any spares laying around from other planes. I was hoping to be able to use an all metal retract from the 1700mm P-51 but the holes don't match and the trunnion placement is not the same.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3199.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	142260

Comment

• Ouch, that's a bummer.

Comment

• Found a spare. It seems I have spares of stuff I never realized I had. She's all fixed and ready for the next flight. Ordered a couple extras anyway. Now, I'll never need one again.

Comment

• Excellent! And indeed:Cool:

Comment

• Well..i am going to pull mine apart to inspect as well. But in saying that i ordered new nose gear & also the upgraded struts for the mains :)

Comment

• A great time at Jets Over Kentucky.

Comment

• Had issue with my nose door not closing all the way after a few bounced landings. My concern was with the nose door servo pulling excess amperage from the bec. Flew it a few times that way without issue but did pull it all apart and found pin in nose retract bent. A replacement pin took care of the nose gear door issue.

John
                                    Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• 500lb guided bombs
                                      :a10

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dirty Dee;n142459]500lb guided bombs:a10

DirtyDee, I thank you. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A new photo of my A-10 after 1.5 minute maiden........so far.

Comment

Working...
                                          X