Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome dirtydee. I love the triple ejector racks! They look so mean on the a10!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Topshot19;n195315]
      Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
      Hi DirtyDee,

my A-10 fully loaded with your ordinance. Looks awesome.

have you flown with it all on? i plan on next saturday with the full loadout.
      No, I had three flights so far without ordinance

Comment

• has anyone played around with swapping the stock fans to the 12 blade? Would it be better to just go to a 90mm JP? looking to extend flight times and get higher speeds/vertical out of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
          has anyone played around with swapping the stock fans to the 12 blade? Would it be better to just go to a 90mm JP? looking to extend flight times and get higher speeds/vertical out of it...
          I'm no expert on EDF's so someone else jump in here, but I believe if you are looking for more speed and time then you would go with fewer blades not more. 12 blades would do the opposite I think, it would give you more static thrust, but less top end speed. It would increase your amp draw thereby shortening your flight times, due to less efficiency. I think you would want to go the opposite direction and reduce the blade count to say 6 blades maybe...

Comment

• Nice looking ordinance, Dirty Dee. The Paveway II and Maverick are especially nice (I'm far too familiar with both of those systems). Do you by any chance make sets for the 64mm (1/16 scale) Warthog?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
              Nice looking ordinance, Dirty Dee. The Paveway II and Maverick are especially nice (I'm far too familiar with both of those systems). Do you by any chance make sets for the 64mm (1/16 scale) Warthog?
              Thanks! Are you looking for the STLs, or for some printed and shipped? Scaling the parts down to x0.625 might make some parts unprintable due to being too thin. I'd have to see if it would work or not, might need redesigns

Comment

• I don't have a 3D printing rig myself. There's a guy at work that 3D prints some impressive-looking desktop models of Paveway II, but it's rather unethical to ask him to use the company 3D printer for props for my personal RC plane.

Comment

• P51, I think the reason guys go to 12 blade is for the realistic sound more than performance. But I'm also no expert for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                    P51, I think the reason guys go to 12 blade is for the realistic sound more than performance. But I'm also no expert for sure.
                    That would be my only reason. More WOOOOOSH!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I don't have a 3D printing rig myself. There's a guy at work that 3D prints some impressive-looking desktop models of Paveway II, but it's rather unethical to ask him to use the company 3D printer for props for my personal RC plane.
                      If they are printing them for desktop models, is it any different than asking for a personal set? I'd figure if you get permission from the local manager shouldn't be an issue. But, I'd be willing to print some for you. You'd have to wat a few weeks as I am strapped for time to get things ready for Jet Jam in 3 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

That would be my only reason. More WOOOOOSH!
                        The TF-34 engines that the A-10 uses has more of a "whistle/whine" to them vs. a whooosh. So the 9 blade with a pair of nerf whistles comes much closer to scale. And the 9 blade is more efficient.

Comment

• True and why I haven't switched from my stock 9's.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

If they are printing them for desktop models, is it any different than asking for a personal set? I'd figure if you get permission from the local manager shouldn't be an issue. But, I'd be willing to print some for you. You'd have to wat a few weeks as I am strapped for time to get things ready for Jet Jam in 3 weeks
                            He prints them as awards for conducting lunch time workshops/seminars, so technically, it's still company use.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to just print the nose section that gets attached to the front of the bomb, converting an ordinary "dumb-bomb" into a Paveway laser-guided bomb, and then just gluing that to the foam bombs that came with the model. With that, and some poster board or thin sheet plastic to resemble the folded tail fins, it'd likely make a decent looking representation of a Paveway load-out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              True and why I haven't switched from my stock 9's.
                              The nine bladed fans move the Hog nicely! And it sounds good to me! ;)LOL:). Once I have my new version done, it should be pretty cool. Just ordered slime lights from Mr Solt this AM, and DD is printing a load out for her too!

Comment

• I have already added the strobes and upgraded gear

Comment

He prints them as awards for conducting lunch time workshops/seminars, so technically, it's still company use.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to just print the nose section that gets attached to the front of the bomb, converting an ordinary "dumb-bomb" into a Paveway laser-guided bomb, and then just gluing that to the foam bombs that came with the model. With that, and some poster board or thin sheet plastic to resemble the folded tail fins, it'd likely make a decent looking representation of a Paveway load-out.
                                  Time for you to setup some seminars :)

but to answer your question, shouldnt be too bad. I can make a simplified nose and tail unit to fit the scale. does the 64mm hog have foam mk82s for you to modify?

Comment

• I'll have to research a bit to see which bombs these are. It includes two smaller bombs, and two larger ones, along with 4 AGM-65 Mavericks, that were obviously painted by someone who has never seen a Maverick missile. I need to modify the ones they included, as I've seen far too many Mavericks to ignore the bad depiction. I'm going to see if I can make a facsimile clear dome using UV curing resin, and paint behind it to look like the seeker for Laser Maverick. I could just paint the dome orange for IR Maverick, but then again, nothing saying I can't do both. I don't think there is any rule that a load-out can't include different versions.

Comment

• Here's mine we also have grass, sorry for landing I was too slow with less flaps she ends up better.

And a picture from my Dirty Dee cockpit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-7kYN81sc

Best Regards
                                      Markus

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	196192

Comment

• Does the 80/90mm Warthog come stock with as hideous a pilot figure as the 64mm Hog?

Comment

Working...
                                          X