Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skull bangers A-10 about to push em up on the maiden!

It flew awesome! Although i was effing around with telemetry for the first time and had the stupid vario tone going on and off. Talk about distracting lol

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Comment

• Currently working on adding thrust vectoring to my Hog, may also turn the nacelles around for VTOL capability... :Cool:
      Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
        Currently working on adding thrust vectoring to my Hog, may also turn the nacelles around for VTOL capability... :Cool:
        Tom

Almost... there....

Click image for larger version  Name:	rattler_iso2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	199261
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Just goes to show "there is nothing new under the sun"

Tom

Comment

• TV on the Hog? :Confused:
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Does this look ok for neutral elevator?
              Attached Files
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                Does this look ok for neutral elevator?
                That looks about right to me!

Most of us have found that the plane is nose-heavy when balanced per the manual. If you move the batteries back a bit you may not needs as much "up" trim and it will flare nicely. But no worries, its a great flyer and its easy to adjust the trim "on the fly".
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Anyone have the RC Geek 3D printed A10 contact info? Norton will not let me open his site because it is a know malicious site.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                    Anyone have the RC Geek 3D printed A10 contact info? Norton will not let me open his site because it is a know malicious site.
                    are you by chance referring to the various 3D printed parts (cockpit, nozzles, etc.) and ordinance for this A-10? I am actually the designer and I can print the parts for you

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                      Anyone have the RC Geek 3D printed A10 contact info? Norton will not let me open his site because it is a know malicious site.
                      It's not that his site is a "known malicious site". It's just that it's FULL of Google ads and some of those are quite annoying and can track your every move. Also, almost everything on his pages that you point to is a link to some other page or website. You must have your Norton filters turned up very high. Try turning them down. McAfee doesn't seem to mind too much. Yes, I HATE websites with so many Google ads. You can't even turn the ads off. Some of them just pop back up in a matter of seconds, while others will repeat after a few days. With 100's of thousands of different ads, you'll never turn them all off and using an ad filter can slow down some sites or not let you see the site at all. And we wonder why Google makes so much money.
                      BTW, RC Geek also has a Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube and email. You can contact in any of these formats. Norton might let you in on one of those.

Comment

• Thanks Xviper. I'll go that route. Dirty Dee, yeah, I would like to upgrade the cockpit on the A10. It's already gatored and looks crappy. Haven't even maidened it yet. Did maiden the Flightline F7F today though. A little boggy, would like more zip. Gonna upgrade the motors.

Comment

• hi from germany,

since i been reading and geting ideas from you guys i would like to share some pics of my a-10. 3D parts are mostly dirty dees (i would have a suggestion if i may. chtis the leverage behinde the seat should maybe modified to where it has more material around the little holes, would make it more sturdy for a moving canopy), the edf´s are 90mm wemotecs and sound like the real thing. maiden still to come. A question to dd, are you still planing on doing the triple launcher files for the maverik missels? would really like to have them to finish the loadout scale. sorry couldn´t upload the canopy video

stefan

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Heisteff! Nice photos for a first post, thanks for sharing. Your A-10 looks satisfyingly weathered, and the 3DPUPs really underline the overall realism.

Dirty Dee can answer your other questions.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by heisteff View Post
                              hi from Germany, since i been reading and getting ideas from you guys i would like to share some pics of my a-10.Stefan
                              Stefan, Welcome to hobby Squawk.The pictures are awesome and your A-10 looks great. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very nice, Stefan.:Cool:

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Stefan! Well done on your A-10. Your detailing looks quite believable.

Comment

• Welcome Stefan! Awesome Hog!

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there...

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

hi from germany,

since i been reading and geting ideas from you guys i would like to share some pics of my a-10. 3D parts are mostly dirty dees (i would have a suggestion if i may. chtis the leverage behinde the seat should maybe modified to where it has more material around the little holes, would make it more sturdy for a moving canopy), the edf´s are 90mm wemotecs and sound like the real thing. maiden still to come. A question to dd, are you still planing on doing the triple launcher files for the maverik missels? would really like to have them to finish the loadout scale. sorry couldn´t upload the canopy video

stefan
                                      Beautifully done stefan! The leverage piece was originally designed for static display, but I can modify and upload a new version with more material. I plan to still make the LAU-88 triple maverick rail, and I expect to get that completed this summer.

Comment

• here is a flight video my brother captured of my euro green A-10 at Jet Jam. The previous day I flew fully loaded, but experienced a bucking bronco and froze up. It bounced a few times before I powered up for a go-around. Lost the nose gear on the final bounce and a bunch of ordinance/pylons broke loose. Had to belly land in the grass, but thankfully someone at Jet Jam had a spare nose pin and I was able to keep flying that weekend. Flew clean the remainder of the event.

Now I need to go through the damage and either repair the pylons, or possible print some replacements. I definitely need to pic up a new nose retract as the current one has a ton of slop. Also need to get the "Upgrade" mains since I mostly fly off tarmac anyway, but I might even consider picking up some Robarts instead.

Comment

hi from germany,

stefan
                                          Wow, that is one utterly brilliant weathering job. I totally need to sponsor a trip to Norway so you can do mine lol
                                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Working...
                                          X