Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember my first one I was super intimidated to fly it and then the maiden was a pure joy. Then when I got my second one this year I went through the same initial trepidation as it had been a couple years since my last one. Same thing, maiden was flawless. It is probably Freewing's best jet overall when considering size, scale fidelity and ease of flight.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
      Im running 6200 batts
      What brand of battery are you using? I have Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000's and I can't close the canopy at the front. I have to use my Gens Ace and Admiral 5000s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        I remember my first one I was super intimidated to fly it and then the maiden was a pure joy. Then when I got my second one this year I went through the same initial trepidation as it had been a couple years since my last one. Same thing, maiden was flawless. It is probably Freewing's best jet overall when considering size, scale fidelity and ease of flight.
        Totally agree. It is fast, can slow down easy to land and really looks the part. If i ever crash this one I will definitely be replacing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          What brand of battery are you using? I have Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000's and I can't close the canopy at the front. I have to use my Gens Ace and Admiral 5000s.
          I’m running hobby star 6200 50c batteries. I turn them on their side so the short side is facing up. I can’t remember if i trimmed any foam from the canopy but I don’t think I did. If I did it was just a very small amount. I don’t have any problems getting the canopy fully closed.

I did have to move the control board back to the rear holes and use dirty dees receiver tray so i could push the batts back far enough back to get the correct cg.

Attached Files

Comment

I’m running hobby star 6200 50c batteries. I turn them on their side so the short side is facing up. I can’t remember if i trimmed any foam from the canopy but I don’t think I did. If I did it was just a very small amount. I don’t have any problems getting the canopy fully closed.

I did have to move the control board back to the rear holes and use dirty dees receiver tray so i could push the batts back far enough back to get the correct cg.
            Thanks. My board is hanging loose at the far back among the wiring. They all seem to hold each other quite firm.

Comment

• Maiden today

Hi, me and my tespilot Hans had the maiden today with the A-10. Quit unspectacular actually, like most of you said, except the maingeardoors where to weak, so the second flight went without them. Here´s a sample of the photos we took

rgds Stefan and thanks for all the hints and tipps

Comment

• Originally posted by heisteff View Post
                Maiden today

Hi, me and my tespilot Hans had the maiden today with the A-10. Quit unspectacular actually, like most of you said, except the maingeardoors where to weak, so the second flight went without them. Here´s a sample of the photos we took

rgds Stefan and thanks for all the hints and tipps
                Great job Heisteff, your bird looks fantastic! I like that big center tank. Nice pics.

Hey, this plane doesn't have main gear doors. So, not sure what you mean. :Thinking:
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Go back to his earlier posts and you'll see he crafted some from scratch.
                  Pat

Comment

• I think that plane is in need of a rotation stateside for a clean up. Thats the most realistic and dirtiest Hog i have see yet.

Comment

I really love the hobbystar batteries, they are much lighter than most of my other batteries. I'm flying an 8000mah 6s 100c battery in my Venom right now, and if they ever come back in stock, I'll be purchasing another so that I can fly the pair in my 80mm A-10. If not then I'll probably just put two pairs of 4200mah 6s 40c's in the 80mm A-10. The 8000mah in the venom gets me 6 minutes of flight time landing with 3.8volts per cell. I am currently flying my 80mm F-5E, with a pair of 4200mah 6s 40c's and loving the 6 minutes I'm getting out of her! Just look at the size difference between CHNL 6000mah 6s 70c, and the Hobbystar 8000mah 6s 100c, and the Hobbystar is lighter with 2000mah more!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I really love the hobbystar batteries, they are much lighter than most of my other batteries. I'm flying an 8000mah 6s 100c battery in my Venom right now, and if they ever come back in stock, I'll be purchasing another so that I can fly the pair in my 80mm A-10. If not then I'll probably just put two pairs of 4200mah 6s 40c's in the 80mm A-10. The 8000mah in the venom gets me 6 minutes of flight time landing with 3.8volts per cell. I am currently flying my 80mm F-5E, with a pair of 4200mah 6s 40c's and loving the 6 minutes I'm getting out of her! Just look at the size difference between CHNL 6000mah 6s 70c, and the Hobbystar 8000mah 6s 100c, and the Hobbystar is lighter with 2000mah more!
                        Why not go bigger mah for the A-10?

I was looking at the F-5e today. Is your 12s? since you say pair of 6s.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Why not go bigger mah for the A-10?

I was looking at the F-5e today. Is your 12s? since you say pair of 6s.
                          Bigger than putting either 2 x 8000mah in the A-10, or 4 x 4200mah in the A-10? From my experience with the A-10 weight is no big deal, as long as you can CG it and don't run out of space, I'd load my puppy up with as much mah capacity as I could! Bigger than 8400mah you say,... what do you have in mind?

My F-5E Is running two 6s 4200mah 40c batteriesin parallel. 6s power, with a total of 8400mah on board.

Comment

Bigger than putting either 2 x 8000mah in the A-10, or 4 x 4200mah in the A-10? From my experience with the A-10 weight is no big deal, as long as you can CG it and don't run out of space, I'd load my puppy up with as much mah capacity as I could! Bigger than 8400mah you say,... what do you have in mind?

My F-5E Is running two 6s 4200mah 40c batteriesin parallel. 6s power, with a total of 8400mah on board.
                            Sorry I missed the part of you buying another 8000 mah and was questioning why run the smaller 4200.

woukd you mind sending me a picture of your battery load out for the F-5e? Been eye balling it
                            Planes
                            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Comment

Sorry I missed the part of you buying another 8000 mah and was questioning why run the smaller 4200.

woukd you mind sending me a picture of your battery load out for the F-5e? Been eye balling it
                                Thisguy65, PM and pic sent, let me know if you'd like any more. CG is 7mm behind what the book calls for.

Comment

Thisguy65, PM and pic sent, let me know if you'd like any more. CG is 7mm behind what the book calls for.
                                  Thank you sir!
                                  Planes

Comment

Thank you sir!
                                    Your welcome

Comment

• Maidened the A10 yesterday and had an incident. Not a lot of damage but ran out of juice because I forgot to start the timer and the guys that were supporting me were no help and I forced the landing. Cost me a gear door. I was running two 6s 6000 Admirals and they are a bit heavy which resulted in nose heavy. Not a lot but needed some up trim. I'm going to go back to the Glacier 5300 6s's. A lot smaller battery. Anyway I needed a lot of left trim on aileron. More than normal in my opinion. That's without any ordinance on board. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause the excessive right roll? I did fly most of the flight inadvertently on take off flap with no elevator mix. That may be one of the issues, but the flaps look to be centered pretty good on the ground. Going to try another "maiden" tomorrow on the revised CG and the smaller batteries. Hope I can remember to start the timer this time.

Comment

• I can related, that my ailerons have a lot more trim that what I would have expected. Might just be some warp in the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                                          Maidened the A10 yesterday and had an incident. Not a lot of damage but ran out of juice because I forgot to start the timer and the guys that were supporting me were no help and I forced the landing. Cost me a gear door. I was running two 6s 6000 Admirals and they are a bit heavy which resulted in nose heavy. Not a lot but needed some up trim. I'm going to go back to the Glacier 5300 6s's. A lot smaller battery. Anyway I needed a lot of left trim on aileron. More than normal in my opinion. That's without any ordinance on board. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause the excessive right roll? I did fly most of the flight inadvertently on take off flap with no elevator mix. That may be one of the issues, but the flaps look to be centered pretty good on the ground. Going to try another "maiden" tomorrow on the revised CG and the smaller batteries. Hope I can remember to start the timer this time.
                                          Being foam construction, I've never relied upon all parts to be straight and true. A wing can be slightly warped and you'll never see it unless you had some way to measure it with laser equipment. Even though your flaps may looks perfectly level with the rest of the wing, that doesn't mean that they, in conjunction with the flap itself, might not have some malformation, which can compound with wing irregularities. Your ailerons can suffer from similar irregularities. Then, who's to say your flap and/or ailerons servos and arms are equal in the way they start off and in the way they move, all of which can contribute to needing unusual trim.
                                          As for batteries, this is a heavy plane to begin with. Using big batteries (bigger than the recommended 5000) can and usually make for different (and at times, uncomfortable) flying characteristics.

As an aside ........................ I flew my A-10 this morning on twin 5000 Admirals. Couldn't get in a second flight because the grass cutting crew showed up. The flight was really nice and as with all my flights, a slight bit of trim correction is needed since I use two different brands of batteries in it and the placement isn't always exactly the same. I find this plane to be quite forgiving of CG changes - 10mm to even 20mm difference can easily be trimmed out and once trimmed, the plane flies very well and doesn't kick up a fuss.

PS. I, too, ran out of juice when the plane was new. Not a pretty sight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X