Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What xviper said. If you have to move your throttle trim full down in order to bind, do so and leave it there for ESC calibration. I don't fly Spektrum so I've never had to do that. I bind and fly all my models with throttle trim set to neutral.
    Pat

Comment

• That's right, its usually not "misinformation" -its just that there are different opinions expressed here and there are different ways to do things - some folks have a preference and there are reasons for doing things, which some people might not care for or might not find necessary. But the neat thing about these forums is that you will be exposed to all this information and hopefully you can decide what will work best for you. On the other hand, its true that there are some people who post on forums who clearly don't know what they're talking about! So its "buyer beware" and usually by reading through the comments you can take home some nuggets of information and learn enough from others so you can toss out the garbage.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        You probably heard that from me. Some Eflite (Spektrum) planes won't bind or initialize if the throttle trim is left as is (in the mid-point). It thinks you've got your throttle "on". I personally put ALL my throttle trim on my models to the bottom before I bind and leave it there for the throttle calibration. The only one that I don't do that is the new Eflite V-22. I bind with T. trim to the bottom, then set my throttle cut accordingly. Then I raise the trim till the rotors start to "idle". On this plane Eflite wants the throttle to never shut off during flight. It has to double as a multicopter.
        Changing throttle trim is not really messing around with the electronics. It's just what you want to do. I want "zero" throttle to be "zero" throttle, not some artificially induced idle setting. Electrics don't need to idle like a gas engine. As for "misinformation"? That's up to you to decide. I don't consider it misinformation. It's just "different" information.
        I wasn’t saying you were giving misinformation. I appreciate it when people answer questions and give explanations bc I am self taught and i normally don’t fly with anyone else. So i rely on forums when i have questions.

I should have said there’s lots of conflicting information out there. But that’s true for any topic.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
          That's right, its usually not "misinformation" -its just that there are different opinions expressed here and there are different ways to do things - some folks have a preference and there are reasons for doing things, which some people might not care for or might not find necessary. But the neat thing about these forums is that you will be exposed to all this information and hopefully you can decide what will work best for you. On the other hand, its true that there are some people who post on forums who clearly don't know what they're talking about! So its "buyer beware" and usually by reading through the comments you can take home some nuggets of information and learn enough from others so you can toss out the garbage.
          Exactly. Got to figure out what works best on your own.

Comment

• But.... but.... but.... if you're not doing it MY WAY, you're being a DUMMKOPF!

Comment

• exactly!!!!!!!! Ha!

Comment

• Still rolling to the right. Dosen't seem to be a balance issue, I checked the roll axis balance and it's fine. No ordinance attached but have the hard points installed. Going to try it without the hardpoints and see. Also, with 35C 6S 5300 Lipo cannot, repeat cannot, fly more than 3 minutes. 3.5 minuted and couldn't taxi back to the pits. 6S 6000 Admirals are to heavy but allow a lot more time. This thing is a power hog it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                  Still rolling to the right. Dosen't seem to be a balance issue, I checked the roll axis balance and it's fine. No ordinance attached but have the hard points installed. Going to try it without the hardpoints and see. Also, with 35C 6S 5300 Lipo cannot, repeat cannot, fly more than 3 minutes. 3.5 minuted and couldn't taxi back to the pits. 6S 6000 Admirals are to heavy but allow a lot more time. This thing is a power hog it seems.
                  Interesting. I flew a pair of admiral 5000s the other day. Landed right around 3:10 and had around 3.85 left. And i fly pretty hard. Maybe your batteries are getting a little old?

Im getting around 4:30 with 3.8-3.85 left with hobby star 6200s. And they fit with no problems. Plus they will put whatever connector you want on them.

Comment

• I fly a pair of RoaringTop 6s 5800 35Cs in mine and get a solid 4 minutes with 25% left after landing.
                    Pat

Comment

• Ok thanks guys, maybe older batteries. Ordered a couple of admiral 5000 so we will see where that takes me. Would love the 4 min with 25% left. Im guessing hobby star is a hobby king product?

Comment

Ok thanks guys, maybe older batteries. Ordered a couple of admiral 5000 so we will see where that takes me. Would love the 4 min with 25% left. Im guessing hobby star is a hobby king product?
                        HobbyKing's battery brand is Turnigy. HobbyStar is sold through Amazon and ebay. I think of them as "no name" brands, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Ok thanks guys, maybe older batteries. Ordered a couple of admiral 5000 so we will see where that takes me. Would love the 4 min with 25% left. Im guessing hobby star is a hobby king product?
                          Hobby star is sold by RCJuice.com. They’re lightweight, quality batteries. Plus they’ll attach whatever connector you want for free.

Comment

HobbyKing's battery brand is Turnigy. HobbyStar is sold through Amazon and ebay. I think of them as "no name" brands, but maybe that's just me.
                            Hobby stars definitely aren’t no-name, junk batteries. They’ve had great reviews and are very lightweight.

You can get them on amazon and eBay but they’re cheaper on the main website RCjuice.

Comment

• Never heard of them till now. If they're very lightweight, what are they lacking?

Did check out some reviews. There are good ones and bad ones. In this thread at RC Groups, there's one of each:

Same with YouTube. One good, one bad:
                              This video compares how well Hobbystart 8ah 100c lipos actually perform in reality. When pitted against Turnigy Graphene lipo's will only a 65c rating and a ...

My quick review of some new lipos I got recently. Great batteries at a good price.

Comment

Never heard of them till now. If they're very lightweight, what are they lacking?

Did check out some reviews. There are good ones and bad ones. In this thread at RC Groups, there's one of each:
                                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tar-lipo-packs

Same with YouTube. One good, one bad:
                                This video compares how well Hobbystart 8ah 100c lipos actually perform in reality. When pitted against Turnigy Graphene lipo's will only a 65c rating and a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3E95s3wGc
                                They’re super popular on RC groups. Lots of their batteries sell out as soon as they get in stock.

Comment

• A Must-have for every A-10 owner?

Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II: 1972 to date (all marks) (Owners' Workshop Manual) [Steve Davies] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Dubbed 'Warthog' - or just 'Hog' - by those who fly and maintain it, the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is the world's undisputed close air support attack jet. As tough as it is ugly

Comment

• Ordered it!

Comment

• Hi Gang...it's been a while! Saturday I took out the A-10 after almost a year of sitting in my hanger. Got in three flights...I was anxious about landings after such a long break, but it was like falling off a log! That brought me to a total of only 45 flights. I've been distracted flying my FL Spitfire (which I love) and gives me 6 flights of 7 minutes per outing, as opposed to 3 flights of 4 minutes. But, I was reminded of what an awesome model the A-10 is...the weight translates to such a solid and steady feeling in the air...unlike anything I've experienced. Our club expects it again this year in our airshow in August, and it will not disappoint! Thanks again to Alpha and Motion RC for developing such an amazing flyer! Rob

Comment

• Agreed, I think it is an outstanding EDF, if not the best ever. I enjoy those 4 minute flights, touch and goes are so much fun, I hate when my timer goes off.

Comment

• The A-10 is my favorite RC plane ever, by far.

Comment

Working...
                                          X