X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
    here is a flight video my brother captured of my euro green A-10 at Jet Jam. The previous day I flew fully loaded, but experienced a bucking bronco and froze up. It bounced a few times before I powered up for a go-around. Lost the nose gear on the final bounce and a bunch of ordinance/pylons broke loose. Had to belly land in the grass, but thankfully someone at Jet Jam had a spare nose pin and I was able to keep flying that weekend. Flew clean the remainder of the event.

Now I need to go through the damage and either repair the pylons, or possible print some replacements. I definitely need to pic up a new nose retract as the current one has a ton of slop. Also need to get the "Upgrade" mains since I mostly fly off tarmac anyway, but I might even consider picking up some Robarts instead.

Nicely done!

As for the upgraded mains, they work really well for me, just be aware that you get very low nose gear loading. Essentially, ideally, the mains should have been mounted a few mm farther aft.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• A little more turbine action :D

Thanks to Tommy for filming and editing as always

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Work continues to expand the ordinance for the A-10. finished modeling the LAU-131 launcher, Will test print tonight and should have the STLs available shortly.

I don't know how these would normally look with rockets loaded, so if anyone has reference images, I can include loaded/empty configurations

Comment

Work continues to expand the ordinance for the A-10. finished modeling the LAU-131 launcher, Will test print tonight and should have the STLs available shortly.

I don't know how these would normally look with rockets loaded, so if anyone has reference images, I can include loaded/empty configurations
          [ATTACH]n201423[/ATTACH]

Chris, Here you go. best, Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocket Launcher.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	201424Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocket Launcher2.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	201425
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Best A-10 ref. book out there!

Comment

• Hey Chris, please scale a set of these to 1/7 for the Bronco! Might also consider some 5" Zuni tubes to sling under it also. Some vintage Vietnam era ordnance from what you already have made for the Hog will go over great. Thanks Chris for continued benefits of your skill set, awesome work my friend.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                Hey Chris, please scale a set of these to 1/7 for the Bronco! Might also consider some 5" Zuni tubes to sling under it also. Some vintage Vietnam era ordnance from what you already have made for the Hog will go over great. Thanks Chris for continued benefits of your skill set, awesome work my friend.:Cool:
                sure thing! do you think the folks with the broncos will be using the FW attachment hardware, or do something else? Last night test print on the LAU131 turned out great, so lookout for an upload to cults/thingiverse tonight.

Comment

• Come and get it :)

I modeled the Hydra rocket tips separate to make painting easier, or if anyone wants the pods empty. sam51401 I'll put up the 1/7th ones up later this weekend, any input on the freewing attachment hardware for the 1/7th scale?

Comment

Come and get it :)
                    Chris, Your work is appreciated. Thank you very much. Best, Steve
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes I agree with Elbee! Thanks Chris!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Heading out to go maiden the a-10 after 3 months of it just starting at me.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Come and get it :)

I modeled the Hydra rocket tips separate to make painting easier, or if anyone wants the pods empty. sam51401 I'll put up the 1/7th ones up later this weekend, any input on the freewing attachment hardware for the 1/7th scale?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3706343
                          Being that the side sponsons are plastic vacform, I will have to come up with a suitable internal structure to support the goodies. I’ll get back with you on that.

Comment

• For those who enjoy ordinance, but want a lightweight loadout, I made a BDU-33 :)

Comment

• Well ;) just awesome! :Cool:

Comment

• Here hows he maiden went..
                                Planes
                                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• My friend got 8 good flights on her with me landing it, until he flew it out of range and I couldn't save it. He went in fairly nose down at about 65% throttle and with a pair of my batteries on board. Thankfully the batteries seem unscathed and have had three cycles/ flights with no issues so far.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Of course now logically he should replace it with the 90mm version...:Silly:so that he has a better chance of it getting away from him...?:Thinking:Because what he needs is more power Haha :)He's heading back state side to west Texas, lots of open space out there so I wish him luck. I'm gonna stay with the 80mm version. I've got about 30 flights on mine. One of these days I'm gonna get off my lazy _ss and get the decals applied!

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                      Here hows he maiden went..
                                      Nicely done! Great landing! :Cool:
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                        Here hows he maiden went..
                                        You did a great job, the A-10 has to be the best EDF ever made and it is the best flying EDF to date, my opinion of course..;)

You will enjoy more flights just like that I'm sure.:Cool:

Comment

• I got my A-10 around 6 months ago. I was super intimidated by it because of all the bounce talk and the fact that it is huge. Well, I had nothing to worry about. This airplane is amazing. Easily my favorite plane.

Im running 6200 batts and i can’t believe the flight time im getting. In this video i had just landed from a 4 minute flight and still had around 3.9v/cell left so i went up for another quick flight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X