Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also love this A10. I just picked up the L39 camo version and can't wait to maiden that. I did an unboxing ala captain Robert. Fun, posted it on Youtube. I think it's on the L39 link too.

Comment

• It is definitely the quintessential Freewing jet in my book. So many great models to choose from in the 80/90mm class but if I had to pick what I think is all around the best and checks off all the boxes it has to be this A-10.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I broke the back of my A-10 at an event over the weekend (ran off the edge of the runway on landing). But I managed to glue it back together and get more flights in. On the last flight I had a bad landing and busted up the nose gear.

I could fix it, but I think I'll just get an ARF+ and transfer the power system over as the fuse is looking pretty beat up. This will be my 3rd A-10. I love this plane so much I can't be without one.
        Pat

Comment

• Yep, everyone has to have or at least fly the A-10, here is mine ready for more action, many flights now and all stock, even the gear are all stock, getting some slop but still function just fine.

Comment

• I agree with everyone. The A-10 is awesome, and I also enjoy my Red Avanti for those quick flying days too. Let's have some fun. Happy flying everyone!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 Flying 1.jpeg
Views:	1149
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	208384Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 Flying 4.jpeg
Views:	1090
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	208385Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti1.jpeg
Views:	1075
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	208386

Comment

• Your absolutely right. No comparison to the A10. Now that i have it dialed in and the sound card introducing my startup of the twin turbines with the chicago bulls theme song"serious" it is so fun.

Comment

• I did flight #6 and #7 on upgrade main and front struts and it worked fine. No bouncing anymore. Maybe I did it just better and slowed down even more, I don't know, Now I'm happy. The weather was pretty good with no wind at all. This helped a lot.

As you can see, on earlier flights I had an issue with the front door which is new now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190814_101402.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.5 KB ID:	210190
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20190814_101417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.7 KB ID:	210191

Comment

• Love the detailing on yours! I'm building #3 right now, just about done.
                  Pat

Comment

• So I'm putting the finishing touches on A-10 #3. I've never been happy with the very thin plastic antennae in the kit that would bend if you looked at them funny, so I decided to make some thicker ones out of 1mm styrene. They are much more durable now. All I need to do is paint and glue in.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      So I'm putting the finishing touches on A-10 #3. I've never been happy with the very thin plastic antennae in the kit that would bend if you looked at them funny, so I decided to make some thicker ones out of 1mm styrene. They are much more durable now. All I need to do is paint and glue in.
                      The one item in the three-cluster on the bottom is not an antenna. It's a tube, so either an exhaust or a drain of some sort. I have a good detail photo from the Warthog at the Air and Space Museum, that I'll post when I get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

The one item in the three-cluster on the bottom is not an antenna. It's a tube, so either an exhaust or a drain of some sort. I have a good detail photo from the Warthog at the Air and Space Museum, that I'll post when I get home.
                        Just looked it up. Fuel dump tube. At least I have it in the correct spot.

Pat

Comment

Just looked it up. Fuel dump tube. At least I have it in the correct spot.
                          CMP, you might check with DD, at one time he had threatened to design 3DPUP antennae, etc. on the bottom. I did what you did and used thick polystyrene and airfoil shaped brass tubing. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A few shots of some details on the A-10 at Pima Air and Space Museum.

Comment

• If anyone wants other detail photos, let me know. I have an annual pass to the museum, so I can drop by any time, and it's right on the way home from work.

Comment

• Well I have not posted on this thread since last November but still a big fan of the Warthog. Finally flew it again for the first time this season on Saturday. Been busy with a new puppy and lots of maintenance around the house plus my focus was on the new Corsair. Anyway, I got three flights in and she flew great. Landings on my super short grass field were great non bounce greasers with the new oleo struts I put in last fall. Stress levels are much lower now that the plane is dialed in and the new "no bounce" gear. Had one mishap with a crosswind on takeoff and she went into the weeds just before liftoff. Tore the gun off and broke the steering clevis but got that fixed and she was back in the air. After flying prop planes all summer, I did notice that the hog takes allot more runway before liftoff and allot more batteries, but not a big deal. Just have to make sure she tracks straight.

Comment

• Long live the Warthog!

From the article:

"The upgraded wings should last for up to 10,000 flight hours without requiring a depot inspection, AFMC said. And they have an improved, newly designed wire harness to make the wings easier to remove, and lessen the chance of damaging the wing during the removal process."

Sounds like they took a page from Freewing!
                                  Pat

Comment

Long live the Warthog!

From the article:

"The upgraded wings should last for up to 10,000 flight hours without requiring a depot inspection, AFMC said. And they have an improved, newly designed wire harness to make the wings easier to remove, and lessen the chance of damaging the wing during the removal process."

Sounds like they took a page from Freewing!
                                    The freshly painted Hog, doesn't look right... needs to be dirty. lol
                                    Planes
                                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Smart move on keeping the A-10.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• last Week I had a horrible flight with my A-10. Startet and cruised about 2 minutes trimming the bird. Then setting half flaps. Everything worked fine. Setting full flaps and everything fine for 10 more seconds. Then the A-10 began ro roll. It was almost uncontrollable by aileron and I set flaps back to half. I had to trim a lot and tried to land . First attempt I was too fast and too high to touchdown on the runway. then in second attempt I was slower (but not too slow) and lower coming in. But then about 1,5m in heigth the A-10 began to roll to the right again. I corrcted and did a crash landing that resulted in a broken nose gear and some damaged plastc parts.

I found out that the flaps did not work properely. On left wing the outer flap was set and on the right wing the inner flap was set half down. The inner left and outer right stuck in servo end position with 10 mm flap up instead of flap down. Like splitted flaps in gliders. I guess the controller pcb inside the A-10 has some issue. Can anyone confirm?

I ordered some new parts (plastic parts, nose gear pins and a new pcb from motionrc but they sent the wrong pins. Hope toget tehm next week. But there seems to be no possibility to get some representative on phone or live chat. Phone seeme to be redirected to an answering machine and chat is offline. Mail was answered for only 1 time and thats it. No solution or help concerning my ticket.

Any suggestions about motioneu customer service?

Comment

• Interesting, I've never had a problem contacting Motion or getting satisfactory service from them. I did have problem with a right turn in the A10 intitially. I decided it had something to do with the flaps and have since corrected the slight right turn mechanically by using the flaps to trim it out. Seems to work fine now. Yesterday I did hav ethe right aileron stop working during the control check on the ground. Checked the ribbon connectors by just pushing them in and it seemed to correct the problem. Flight was fine. check those ribbon connectors.

Comment

Working...
                                          X