X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by felline View Post
    last Week I had a horrible flight with my A-10. Startet and cruised about 2 minutes trimming the bird. Then setting half flaps. Everything worked fine. Setting full flaps and everything fine for 10 more seconds. Then the A-10 began ro roll. It was almost uncontrollable by aileron and I set flaps back to half. I had to trim a lot and tried to land . First attempt I was too fast and too high to touchdown on the runway. then in second attempt I was slower (but not too slow) and lower coming in. But then about 1,5m in heigth the A-10 began to roll to the right again. I corrcted and did a crash landing that resulted in a broken nose gear and some damaged plastc parts.

I found out that the flaps did not work properely. On left wing the outer flap was set and on the right wing the inner flap was set half down. The inner left and outer right stuck in servo end position with 10 mm flap up instead of flap down. Like splitted flaps in gliders. I guess the controller pcb inside the A-10 has some issue. Can anyone confirm?

I ordered some new parts (plastic parts, nose gear pins and a new pcb from motionrc but they sent the wrong pins. Hope toget tehm next week. But there seems to be no possibility to get some representative on phone or live chat. Phone seeme to be redirected to an answering machine and chat is offline. Mail was answered for only 1 time and thats it. No solution or help concerning my ticket.

Any suggestions about motioneu customer service?
    Pete our Customer Service Rep in the UK is currently on vacation this week so we at the U.S. Warehouse are trying to handle any issues that may arise. This is based on recent orders and we are assuming we have found the correct individual as you have provided no information as to your Order# or Name. You received the correct part based on the SKU# but you ordered the wrong item as you ordered 4 x FJ31111089 which are the Freewing 80mm EDF A-10 Nose Landing Gear Wheel Axle. You needed the Freewing 80/90mm EDF Nose Landing Gear Connecting Pin which is SKU#FJ31111087 found at this Link. https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...connecting-pin One is the Axle and the other is the steering pin. Let us know if this clarifies the situation you have experienced. Thank You.

Comment

• That might be some misunderstanding oft me. But watching those different items nicht cause this so Plesse send me some return receipt and i will send back the wrong items in exchange for the right items.

Comment

• Originally posted by felline View Post
        That might be some misunderstanding oft me. But watching those different items nicht cause this so Plesse send me some return receipt and i will send back the wrong items in exchange for the right items.
        https://www.motionrc.eu/pages/returns-policy If you ordered the wrong item or you no longer want your item, you can return new, unassembled, unused products within 30 days of delivery for a refund. Please note, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping. The parts in the Warehouse are correctly Labeled and the Website description of the items are also clearly labeled. Please click on the Link provided if you wish to return any of the items.

Comment

• O.K. I know allot of people are way ahead of me and my progress with this plane but I thought I would share my latest adventures. A week ago Saturday I only got one flight in due to high winds but this last Saturday I got five flights in. Last summer, I was a nervous wreck every time I flew the hog but finally started flying it again lately. I am gaining more confidence with every flight as I become more familiar with the flight characteristics. Last year I would take it up, fly around a little and focus on trying to get it down in one piece with bad results several times. Having cataract replacements in both eyes and getting used to the vision changes didn't help either. Now that I'm making decent landings regularly,( the new oleo gear made all the difference) I can focus more on the flight itself. I finally got around to doing some stall tests and discovered that it wont fall out of the sky like a manhole cover if I get too slow. That was a major confidence builder. She does nice axial rolls, hammer heads, loops, a great split s and so on. Although these aren't scale manuevers, they are helping me dial in the "feel" of this plane. Anyway,I'm having allot more fun getting to know the plane and wringing it out a little. The A-10 not only looks great but flys great too!

Comment

• My A-10 painted, this is a sweet freaken jet. Highly recommended :)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice paint job! And I agree, this is by far my favorite EDF ever, with the F-22 a close second.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                O.K. I know allot of people are way ahead of me and my progress with this plane but I thought I would share my latest adventures. A week ago Saturday I only got one flight in due to high winds but this last Saturday I got five flights in. Last summer, I was a nervous wreck every time I flew the hog but finally started flying it again lately. I am gaining more confidence with every flight as I become more familiar with the flight characteristics. Last year I would take it up, fly around a little and focus on trying to get it down in one piece with bad results several times. Having cataract replacements in both eyes and getting used to the vision changes didn't help either. Now that I'm making decent landings regularly,( the new oleo gear made all the difference) I can focus more on the flight itself. I finally got around to doing some stall tests and discovered that it wont fall out of the sky like a manhole cover if I get too slow. That was a major confidence builder. She does nice axial rolls, hammer heads, loops, a great split s and so on. Although these aren't scale manuevers, they are helping me dial in the "feel" of this plane. Anyway,I'm having allot more fun getting to know the plane and wringing it out a little. The A-10 not only looks great but flys great too!
                Great to hear!! If you dont mind me asking, what new oleo gear are you referring to? Thanks and good job!

Comment

• I’m finally a new owner of one. Good to hear how loved this plane is. I always wanted it but always ended up with other jets.

The struts are on the upgraded parts list. Many people dislike the stock suspension. Mainly because it’s like landing on a trampoline. I bought the trailing link nose gear. Hopefully I won’t regret it...

I have looked through this thread and the other, for the A-10 and F-14, but it’s not mentioned a lot... I have 2x HobbyStar 8000mah lipos. Has anyone run both ESCs off the same, single lipo in parallel? Like the twin 70mm SU-35? I know that the main connection is going to be super hot, but I know it’s possible. Flying time won’t be the best, but the lipos weight around 1100g. So it would be like running 2x 4000’s...

thoughts would be appreciated....

Jim

Comment

• Hi Radamans, the gear that come stock on the A-10 are trailing link gear designed for heavy grass ops. Sadly for some of us, on super short grass or pavement, those trailing link gear can cause the plane to bounce back into the air where the tendency to stall is at it's worst. This has happened to many of us who don't always grease their landings. As a result, Motion RC offers a gear upgrade that solves that problem. Just look under upgrades on the A-10 page. They are a functional oleo strut type that easily replaces the originals. I only replaced the mains as the nose gear seems O.K.but some folks have replaced that one as well. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonybonbon View Post
                      My A-10 painted, this is a sweet freaken jet. Highly recommended :)
                      JBB, great work on the paint, sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Hi Radamans, the gear that come stock on the A-10 are trailing link gear designed for heavy grass ops. Sadly for some of us, on super short grass or pavement, those trailing link gear can cause the plane to bounce back into the air where the tendency to stall is at it's worst. This has happened to many of us who don't always grease their landings. As a result, Motion RC offers a gear upgrade that solves that problem. Just look under upgrades on the A-10 page. They are a functional oleo strut type that easily replaces the originals. I only replaced the mains as the nose gear seems O.K.but some folks have replaced that one as well. Good luck.
                        Thanks for the explanation. I should start my build out this weekend. I initially planned on replacing the nose gear. I'll go ahead and order the mains too. THANKS!

Comment

• I fly off of pavement mostly and I switched out the mains (kept the nose gear stock) for the upgraded oleos and I immediately could tell a world of difference. No more Bucking Bronco-prone landings on pavement! Definitely worth the investment.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here are the upgraded landing gear struts for the FW A-10

80mm EDF A-10 Trailing Link Nose Landing Gear Strut and Tire B from Freewing - FJ311110811 This nose landing gear strut and tire has a harder spring which creates less bounce for those using paved surfaces for landings.

80mm EDF A-10 Shock Absorbing Landing Gear Strut and Tire - Left from Freewing - FJ311110812 This is the upgrade strut and tire for the Freewing 80mm A-10.

80mm EDF A-10 Shock Absorbing Landing Gear Strut and Tire - Right from Freewing - FJ311110813 This is the upgrade strut and tire for the Freewing 80mm A-10.

Comment

• I would say that if you are going to upgrade the landing gear, do either just the nose gear (good for grass ops), or just the mains (good for hard surface), but not all 3. Upgrading just the nose will give you all trailing link, and upgrading just the mains will give you all suspension struts. Best to keep all 3 the same type.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                I’m finally a new owner of one. Good to hear how loved this plane is. I always wanted it but always ended up with other jets.

The struts are on the upgraded parts list. Many people dislike the stock suspension. Mainly because it’s like landing on a trampoline. I bought the trailing link nose gear. Hopefully I won’t regret it...

I have looked through this thread and the other, for the A-10 and F-14, but it’s not mentioned a lot... I have 2x HobbyStar 8000mah lipos. Has anyone run both ESCs off the same, single lipo in parallel? Like the twin 70mm SU-35? I know that the main connection is going to be super hot, but I know it’s possible. Flying time won’t be the best, but the lipos weight around 1100g. So it would be like running 2x 4000’s...

thoughts would be appreciated....

Jim
                                I haven't tried running both motors off one lipo, but I also have 2 of the hobbystar 8000mah 6s batteries and I fly them together in this bird. She doesn't seem to mind the wait at all, still has plenty of vertical, and to be honest, with the extra weight I get the sweetest landings. I run those and 2 CNHL 6000mah 70c 6c batteries, the CNHL's are bricks, larger and heavier than the hobbystar's. I assume that I see very little degradation in flight performance partially due to where I place them in the fuselage.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I haven't tried running both motors off one lipo, but I also have 2 of the hobbystar 8000mah 6s batteries and I fly them together in this bird. She doesn't seem to mind the wait at all, still has plenty of vertical, and to be honest, with the extra weight I get the sweetest landings. I run those and 2 CNHL 6000mah 70c 6c batteries, the CNHL's are bricks, larger and heavier than the hobbystar's. I assume that I see very little degradation in flight performance partially due to where I place them in the fuselage.

YES!! I knew I would see them around! I have 2x (2S) and 2x (4S) actually. I kinda bought them on a whim. Everyone was raving about the weight savings and performance, but no one had the 8000's that I've seen. I bought them mainly to use with a 8S JetFan setup in the F-22, But bought a combination to use them in my other EDFs as 6S.

How do they perform overall? I mean, obviously they aren't 100c, but I kinda took a chance on them. Also, What's the flight time with both? I bet the plane would be a lot of fun for a short flight running a single lipo paralleled to act as the lightest twin 4000mah setup ever. I fly off a golf course fairway which is surprisingly bumpier than you would expect. Cant complain though... its a one minute golf cart ride away. I just set the nose of my planes ( usually nosecone off) on my left foot and hold them out the side of the golf cart until I get to the best area.

I will video the maiden. Could be entertaining...

Comment

YES!! I knew I would see them around! I have 2x (2S) and 2x (4S) actually. I kinda bought them on a whim. Everyone was raving about the weight savings and performance, but no one had the 8000's that I've seen. I bought them mainly to use with a 8S JetFan setup in the F-22, But bought a combination to use them in my other EDFs as 6S.

How do they perform overall? I mean, obviously they aren't 100c, but I kinda took a chance on them. Also, What's the flight time with both? I bet the plane would be a lot of fun for a short flight running a single lipo paralleled to act as the lightest twin 4000mah setup ever. I fly off a golf course fairway which is surprisingly bumpier than you would expect. Cant complain though... its a one minute golf cart ride away. I just set the nose of my planes ( usually nosecone off) on my left foot and hold them out the side of the golf cart until I get to the best area.

I will video the maiden. Could be entertaining...
                                    Well if they aren't a 100c rated you can't tell by the performance. I've only got a few cycles on the second 8000mah 6s. I bought the first one to fly it in my 90mm Venom and I can easily get 6 minute flight times in it with 40% battery capacity left. I had to wait a few months until they were back in stock to pick up a second, so I've only got a few flights on my A-10, based on the Venom trend I've been using 6 minutes, I land with 37 to 45% capacity left. There is no lack of power delivery, and I'm extremely happy with the battery's capacity verses weight. It's a 140 dollar battery but if it gives me 200 plus cycles I'd be very happy with it, love it so far.

Comment

• I was messing around a bit about the C rating... I bought them too haha. I bought the two, 2S 7.4v packs as the hardcase versions. Prior to their release without the casing. Then I removed the casings and used my own shrink wrap. You can’t even tell they’re not the air versions. They’ve been cycled about 5 times on the charger, I can’t wait to get them in the air.

Comment

I was messing around a bit about the C rating... I bought them too haha. I bought the two, 2S 7.4v packs as the hardcase versions. Prior to their release without the casing. Then I removed the casings and used my own shrink wrap. You can’t even tell they’re not the air versions. They’ve been cycled about 5 times on the charger, I can’t wait to get them in the air.
                                        I know we all have our favorites, currently HRB and Hobbystar batteries are my go to, best bang for the buck. Hobbyking batteries of which make up about 30% of my total stockpile have been incredibly disappointing performance and longevity wise. CHNL are priced well, perform great, and last but at a heck of a weight and size penalty. I had one admiral 6s 5000mah that worked well for about 20 cycles, I had a light crash with my F-86, and I mean light she was in maintenance for all of about 30 minutes, then returned to flying status. But not the admiral, 2 of the 6 cells dropped to null and one shot up to 6v, all from bumping into the foam of the inside of the F-86. Good batteries, not very crash worthy, but I can get two 5000mah 6s at 3 different suppliers for the price of one admiral.

Comment

• Majority of mine are currently HRBs. I’ve recently been opening them up and repairing them. It’s usually the solder connection of the balance connector to the individual cell. If so, it’s an easy fix. Just reconnect it. If I get bad cells I usually end up removing the bad cells and using the battery for RC cars or something else (non-airborne)

Comment

Working...
                                          X