X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
    Majority of mine are currently HRBs. I’ve recently been opening them up and repairing them. It’s usually the solder connection of the balance connector to the individual cell. If so, it’s an easy fix. Just reconnect it. If I get bad cells I usually end up removing the bad cells and using the battery for RC cars or something else (non-airborne)
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to see what my soldering skills are up to.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2590.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	212858Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2591.JPG Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	212859Hi Guys, it's been a while since I checked in! I confess that the A-10 has been relegated to a bit of a "Hanger Queen"...I got spoiled with the FL Spitfire giving me 6 flights on 6 batteries for 8+ minutes, versus 3 flights on the A-10 for 4. But...when I get it out each year for our club's airshow, I'm reminded once again of just how amazing the Hog flies...it is really an awesome plane. Our airshow was August 24-25 and I had a solo spot with the A-10. We had a CD with audio bytes of the GAU-8 bursts and a good time was had by all as she dove in for the target and gracefully pulled out to roll for another pass! The A-10 rocks!!! Rob P. S. A special thanks to Richj53 who was my spotter and Crew Chief and RC jet dude who responded to my texts for help! I had a short in my connection to the ESC and it was a last minute soldering project right down to the minute we were up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to see what my soldering skills are up to.
        It was embarrassing to look at my soldering jobs until I actually sat down and read about the necessities of soldering electronics. I bought a decent soldering iron off amazon and with that alone I was amazed at how much of a difference it made. I would have never attempted to repair circuit boards or lipos until the past few years. Lipos are actually pretty simple. Just keep the protective plates and covers for reassembly. A “bad cell” or a lipo that wont charge and gives you crazy numbers when checking voltage via the balance plug usually has the solder joint detached on the cable side of one of the cells. That’s how I took the front of a F-15 off once. Post crash the battery would give normal readings and every once in a while it would show 4 or 3 cells out of 6. I cut the covering off slowly..... It was just one of the multiple small solder joints for the balance connection that had weekend by a prior crash or by me handling the cables of the lipo as if they were a handle. Now I know why they come with straps to hold the cables to the side ... genius

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

It was embarrassing to look at my soldering jobs until I actually sat down and read about the necessities of soldering electronics. I bought a decent soldering iron off amazon and with that alone I was amazed at how much of a difference it made. I would have never attempted to repair circuit boards or lipos until the past few years. Lipos are actually pretty simple. Just keep the protective plates and covers for reassembly. A “bad cell” or a lipo that wont charge and gives you crazy numbers when checking voltage via the balance plug usually has the solder joint detached on the cable side of one of the cells. That’s how I took the front of a F-15 off once. Post crash the battery would give normal readings and every once in a while it would show 4 or 3 cells out of 6. I cut the covering off slowly..... It was just one of the multiple small solder joints for the balance connection that had weekend by a prior crash or by me handling the cables of the lipo as if they were a handle. Now I know why they come with straps to hold the cables to the side ... genius
          Appreciate the info, with any luck I'll save myself some money in batteries!

Comment

• Hey …. on Saturday I was at the Columbus Ohio TORKS club at the annual Ejets/Ewarbirds event with SIX other hog drivers - Myself (Marc Stermer), Pete Foss, Timothy Toutant, Chris Baker, William Jackson and Kevin Patrilla (flying Michael Magnacca's plane). Six different color schemes! Pete's wife Carolynn shot some video of us having WAAAY to much fun! All six of us greased our landings! Many thanks to the other guys, I had a blast flying with all of you! (and thanks to Carolynn for capturing the action!)

(I was 4th taking off and landed #5 at 2:21 if anyone's taking notes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5X7...AHEzurFPq_qRqs

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190907_105726.jpg Views:	1 Size:	306.8 KB ID:	212981Click image for larger version  Name:	20190907_105751.jpg Views:	0 Size:	339.5 KB ID:	212982
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• It was a blast flying 6 together!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2590.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	212858Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2591.JPG Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	212859Hi Guys, it's been a while since I checked in! I confess that the A-10 has been relegated to a bit of a "Hanger Queen"...I got spoiled with the FL Spitfire giving me 6 flights on 6 batteries for 8+ minutes, versus 3 flights on the A-10 for 4. But...when I get it out each year for our club's airshow, I'm reminded once again of just how amazing the Hog flies...it is really an awesome plane. Our airshow was August 24-25 and I had a solo spot with the A-10. We had a CD with audio bytes of the GAU-8 bursts and a good time was had by all as she dove in for the target and gracefully pulled out to roll for another pass! The A-10 rocks!!! Rob P. S. A special thanks to Richj53 who was my spotter and Crew Chief and RC jet dude who responded to my texts for help! I had a short in my connection to the ESC and it was a last minute soldering project right down to the minute we were up!
                Hey Rob,sounds like a blast! I hear you about battery consumption. It adds up fast. I wound up with three pairs of the Admiral 5000s just so I didn't melt down my charger LOL. I got another 4 flights in this last Saturday on the hog.....it just keeps getting better. By the way, due to time constraints, I will be flying down to Reno this year instead of driving so I will miss having lunch with you at the In and Out. Hope all is well with you and Sherry.
                Brad

Comment

• Here my a-10 with a little color.....

Comment

• Looking good there davjamhan and welcome to The Squawk!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Welcome aboard!!! Glad to have you here!!! Like the A-10!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by davjamhan View Post
                        Here my a-10 with a little color.....
                        DJH, Welcome to the "Squawk". Great work, Sir. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got a question that I'm sure Motion can answer Monday,but I am switching from the MSI sound card to the Aspire MrRC sound card from Motion. The Shockwave uses two TT25 transducers wired in series. The Aspire has two speaker ports. I am guessing you need to run separate wires for the two TT25's instead of a series hookup. Anyone know this for sure?

Comment

• themudduck,

I just loved flying with all you guys. It made for me a fantastic weekend to remember.

Pete Foss , Thank you for the video!

Click image for larger version  Name:	69799711_2301106643257996_5982376405189525504_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	213725
                            BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• T33Jetman, the feeling is mutual, it was great to meet you and EA6Bgeek and Pete and the others, and we had a great time. I sold my A10 to a friend yesterday and have bought a brand new one - so next year I hope to collar my buddy into participating at EJETS (with my former plane) - and perhaps we can get a few more Hogs in the air all at once!
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• That is a really interesting paint scheme for the 'Hawg. Does the USAF actually have one painted like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

That is a really interesting paint scheme for the 'Hawg. Does the USAF actually have one painted like that?
                                  No AirForce A10 plane was painted in these colors.

This was modeled after a plastic model from someone in England , which was on a web site that I found. Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	0 Size:	634.6 KB ID:	213803
                                  BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                                    [B][URL="https://www.hobbysquawk.com/member/4912-themudduck"]themudduck,Click image for larger version Name:	69799711_2301106643257996_5982376405189525504_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	213725
                                    TMD, The Trainer AFRES Texans fly into HUT for refuel and lunch a couple times a month, so this paint scheme is not unknown around here. I've said it once before, but I'll say it again...your A-10 just looks great. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

No AirForce plane was painted in these colors.

This was modeled after a plastic model from someone in England , which was on a web site that I found. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	784
Size:	634.6 KB
ID:	213803
                                      IIRC, there was one two-seater A-10B built, and it was crashed early in the A-10 program. Since then, pilot orientation to the A-10 has been done by the instructor following along in a second aircraft, since the Warthog tends to be a fairly easy to fly platform for routine flight. Had the 'B' model survived, trainer colors would not be a far-fetched idea for it.

Personally, I think it would be rather fun to paint a 'Hawg in the USAF Thunderbirds paint scheme. A demo squadron of five to seven full-sized Warthogs so painted would, IMNSHO, be pretty darned impressive to watch at an airshow. The T-Birds Falcons are awesome, but the Hawg always seems to be a real crowd-pleaser. What it lacks in speed, it more than makes up for in presence.

Comment

• Piggybacking off LB...Agreed, your scheme looks fantastic!

Took mine down from the rafters for a flight yesterday...Still my favorite jet to this day. What a jewel.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                          Still my favorite jet to this day. What a jewel.
                                          I couldn't agree more. My fav as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X