Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the maiden today. What a great plane. Only required 1 click of down to trim it for straight and level flight. Plane was very responsive and pretty much went where I pointed it. Take off and landings were very predictable and without issue. This one is already my favorite.

Comment

Way to go! From talking with Lon at Nefi, and watching him fly his, it looks like a great bird. I like the idea that it has no prop factor to worry about and with tricycle L/G, it just steers like a car. In the air, to coin a phrase, it looks 'rock solid in the air'
      Glad to hear its love at first sight.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
        I had the maiden today. What a great plane. Only required 1 click of down to trim it for straight and level flight. Plane was very responsive and pretty much went where I pointed it. Take off and landings were very predictable and without issue. This one is already my favorite.
        Great to hear of your maiden today!!! She is a sweet flyer for sure. Only thing i find myself doing to insure greased landings, is talking to myself outloud those last few meters, keeping her inches above the runway as long as possible!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Glad everyone is having such success. I for some reason just am to worried I guess. Worried not only of her going but worried about a 100$ lighting on fire if it does go down.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

What throttle managment are you using for take off? 1/4 to 1/2 then to full once rolling?
            AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
              What throttle managment are you using for take off? 1/4 to 1/2 then to full once rolling?
              Depends on my mood, runway length, wind..:) First of all, like my single prop motor warbirds, I/you don't have to worry about the prop torque effect. You can hammer down to full throttle. If the club i'm at has the Long runway, I often slowly power up to 3/4 and do a long run scale take off. If i have to deal with a crosswind during take off, I'll put the hammer down to get her to rotation/liftoff speed asap, and anticipate a little raise maybe, from the wing that's into the wind. Take-off flaps(50%) make a significant difference on your speed/distance to take off.
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I use 1/2 power and once rolling straight full power.

Comment

I just advance the throttle uniformly and go to full once rolling.

Comment

Again to confirm it does not try to go straight up?
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

If you are asking if it tries to leap off the ground, it does not. It smoothly rotates and lifts off. If you are asking about a pitch tendency with increasing throttle, it doesn't have that either, one of the nice advantages of having the thrust line through the center of the aircraft.

Comment

Again to confirm it does not try to go straight up?
                        Mine never has, she's well behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          If you are asking if it tries to leap off the ground, it does not. It smoothly rotates and lifts off. If you are asking about a pitch tendency with increasing throttle, it doesn't have that either, one of the nice advantages of having the thrust line through the center of the aircraft.
                          Well put F106Delta!!
                          Lon

Comment

Finalizing all my surfaces for a maiden soon. I noticed my left elevator stab does not move linear with my right. It is fine with sudden movements but a slow roll on the up or down stroke causes the left to move .5 ahead of the right. Is this going to matter causing a roll on the tail? I also noticed the ball links are very fragile and dont appear to allow the rod to pass through the link. So I had to set subtrims on my taranis to offset the neutral location setup from the factory. I just want to make sure I get everything right.

Also where is everyone setting their elevators at? In between there is a small rectangle piece of foam. Are you lining them up to the top lip middle of bottom of this centering piece.
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

Here is where mine is
                              Attached Files
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

I have 20mm for up travel on the elevator and 15mm for down travel. Will this be enough. It seems to be in spec for low rates but high rates seems crazy for elevator. I set 20% expo on elevator.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

Here is my elevator trim. Your throw seems about right, but I would try to adjust the travel and make it symmetrical if possible.

Comment

yeah I think its a delay response with the servos them selves. They are set on the sample spline same thread for ball nut. But one is visibly slower or delayed.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

As long as it is a barely noticeable delay you will be fine. You're not really going to get any noticeable rolling moment generated from the tail. But, if it is a significant difference in servo speed, you might consider replacing the servo. The last thing you want is a servo on your elevator locking up or dying mid-flight.

Comment

Good call. I am all set. I am guessing I should not fly this from the street but rather a field so I have no idea how long it will take to nail down a giant empty parking lot or something. Given that everyone says it takes a good bit of runway to get off.
                                        AMA 1102566

Comment

I have 20mm for up travel on the elevator and 15mm for down travel. Will this be enough. It seems to be in spec for low rates but high rates seems crazy for elevator. I set 20% expo on elevator.
                                          I would recommend more expo for elevator to start out.
                                          Lon

Comment

Working...
                                          X