X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
    Good call. I am all set. I am guessing I should not fly this from the street but rather a field so I have no idea how long it will take to nail down a giant empty parking lot or something. Given that everyone says it takes a good bit of runway to get off.
    Don't sweat taking off with this bird, it has no bad habits while taking off

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post

I would recommend more expo for elevator to start out.
      Personally, more expo dulled out too much for me, especially on low rates, but it's all personal preference. I don't think I would do any higher than 30% though.

Comment

SHAKING SO BAD!
        AMA 1102566

Comment

Ok so the maiden was 98% SUCCESS HURRRAY! Plane took off and flew AMAZING. No trim needed WHAT A BIRD SWOOOOOOOOSH! I made a few practices patterns for landing and it was coming in hot. Finally my 30 second timer went off and I was forced to make a go of it. I came in pretty hot an dI was nervous and shaking like crazy. She bounced and one of the mains popped out of the pocket. It then settled and went in on the nose :( It cracked the foam in the thin area and I am hoping I can fix it. But had the main not popped out it would have settled on all 3. MAN WHAT A RUSH! It is actually or feels slower than my Zero for sure.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

Ideas on how to fix? The little support post in the duct moved too.
            AMA 1102566

Comment

First off, congratulations on a successful maiden! Welcome to the Sabre club, it's a sweet machine. I'm sure you'll have it fixed up in no time, I had the same thing happen on my 3rd flight. After some epoxy, it's still going strong over 100 flights later. One thing with landing this plane is it will bounce if landed fast. Let the speed bleed off in ground effect, and let it settle in naturally. Your landings will be greasy-smooth in no time. Again, congrats man!

Comment

Carbon fiber rods and foam tac or epoxy

Comment

I had an almost identical break. I just pulled it back to open up the crack, and dripped in epoxy. I then used some tape and a foam block to hold the gear straight up some the epoxy dried. Also check plastic retract mount, it may require some epoxy around its edges as well

Comment

Thanks guys. I did not even try a stall test I just made a few patterns over head to the left and then to the right. I then started my practice finals. I think I was just nervous mostly and was not thinking right. I will say i pulled out of two aborted landings and just pinned it and climbed slowly. No rocking though. I think its just a matter of finding that sweet spot. I did use one setting of flaps which is like 20mm of deflection. Full flaps is like 45 and almost straight down.
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

I snapped the little door mount to in half. I see you cannot get that or the retract mount for the front. MRC should stock those bits. I was just getting ready to order a spare fuse and now it is out of stock :(
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

This whole area up front is very suspect and barely there kind of like the FW 262.
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Do they make a led ring for the exhaust for this for after burner?
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

I had my second flight just now. Still shaking. When will this shaking thing stop lol. Flew for 2 minutes and started shooting approaches. My first one was so nice id decided to land. I skipped a tad and when it came up in the air i gently applied small amount of thrust and pulled back and she settled right in.
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

Sounds like you are getting it down nice now. It will be even more fun when you get in your second battery to put it through its paces. I'm sure the shakeiness will be gone in no time with a couple more flights.

Comment

My secons battery is in a box on its way here with my v4 t28 from Motion. Good thing its a 2 day affair from Il to Wi. Love the plane. For some reason I see myself getting another one right away for a livery change. I REALLY WANT A MIG 15. I can only assume it would fly similarly to the sabre.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

Only bad thing was my battery strap broke and have no replacement or idea where to get another :(
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                      I had my second flight just now. Still shaking. When will this shaking thing stop lol. Flew for 2 minutes and started shooting approaches. My first one was so nice id decided to land. I skipped a tad and when it came up in the air i gently applied small amount of thrust and pulled back and she settled right in.
                                      You will find out, as you did on this flight....hold her up as long as you can before letting her touchdown, bleed that speed off as much as possible. When you get the feel for that, you will be greasing the landings, no skip or bounce.
                                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

What batteries is everyone using? I am using the 60c 4000mah Admiral from MRC
                                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Same as you....
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X