Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the Admiral 4500 40c, I get 3.5 minutes of flying.

Comment

I alternate between the Admiral Pro 4000s and a Thunder Power Magma 70C 4400. I have seen zero performance or flight time difference between those 2 batteries.

Comment

I use a zippy compact 5000, shoved all the way back with the Esc mod.

Comment

Had successful flight. #3 in the books. Greased the landing. Turned to fast though on the ground and scuffed a wing tip pretty good as it was slowing down after landing :(

I still have not done much other than get to altitude and make some left hand turns and basically stay in a circuit. Just trying to get the basic feel still I guess.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

Congrats on logging the successful flights!!

Expo is your friend with EDF's -
            Seems lots of folks use 30-40% on the primary flight controls to tame the beast a bit.
            I've started using 30% across the board until everything is tuned in, and it makes a HUGE difference in handling.

Don't rush it until YOU are ready -
            Basic traffic patterns and big Figure 8's are a great way to get a feel for your jet!

I just maidened my upgraded Yak-130 today and did little more than I just described -
            And my knees are still shaking, LOL!! :)

Comment

Way to go guys, you both have turned another page it would seem. The Sabre is definitely my choice as first EDF, one of these days...Still getting the kinks out of my flying, but when Lon and Ryan were flying their's they were amazing to watch.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Sortie 3 and 4 are in the books. Still more pattern flying with a single barrel roll. Greased both landings with full flaps and throttle management. My only complaint is flight time. Nothing can really be done about that though. I set my timer for 3:30 seconds and at the 1:30 mark I start shooting approaches. Does not help tonight was hot as satans ass and my sun glasses where pooling with sweat and fogging over. That made the bugs want to attack my eye sockets as well lol. I LOVE THIS JET!

I REALLY WANT A MIG 15 or 17! Cannot believe we dont have one. Seems all the ones that came before where junk. I will say this. My first turbine powered jet will be a F86! Already looking around and thinking of collecting parts! WOOT BIT by the bug!
                AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  Sortie 3 and 4 are in the books. Still more pattern flying with a single barrel roll. Greased both landings with full flaps and throttle management. My only complaint is flight time. Nothing can really be done about that though. I set my timer for 3:30 seconds and at the 1:30 mark I start shooting approaches. Does not help tonight was hot as satans ass and my sun glasses where pooling with sweat and fogging over. That made the bugs want to attack my eye sockets as well lol. I LOVE THIS JET!

I REALLY WANT A MIG 15 or 17! Cannot believe we dont have one. Seems all the ones that came before where junk. I will say this. My first turbine powered jet will be a F86! Already looking around and thinking of collecting parts! WOOT BIT by the bug!
                  :D You got it with those landings!! Patience in letting her touchdown, let that speed bleed off!!
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I have also been eyeing the F-86 as my first EDF when I feel ready to move up. Just wish the battery tech would improve a bit more for better flight times.
                    I am also surprised that there are no good Mig 15 EDF on the market right now. Not only is the Mig-15 the F-86 arch nemesis it is also a very capable manuverable jet.
                    When ever I play War Thunder not only is the Mig -15 one of the best jets, it is also one of the most feared.

Comment

Just picked up a third battery for this guyh :) I now have the same amount in lipo as I do in plane.
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                        I have also been eyeing the F-86 as my first EDF when I feel ready to move up. Just wish the battery tech would improve a bit more for better flight times.
                        I am also surprised that there are no good Mig 15 EDF on the market right now. Not only is the Mig-15 the F-86 arch nemesis it is also a very capable manuverable jet.
                        When ever I play War Thunder not only is the Mig -15 one of the best jets, it is also one of the most feared.
                        I really would love for them to make an 80mm Mig-15... or even a 90mm!!

Here is a great flight that we had over the weekend. F-86 and F-5....

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

So where is that wonderfully large airfield located and the name of your club? I just gave your video a thumbs up!
                          California Flier

Comment

Originally posted by highpoint1@outlook.com View Post
                            So where is that wonderfully large airfield located and the name of your club? I just gave your video a thumbs up!
                            I wish that I could tell you where it is.... There is a big meet there this weekend. It is in the central valley. Crows Landing....
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

For those of you that are big fans of the F-86 Sabre and would like to know how it would be to actually fly one, well now you can within Digital Combat flight Simulator or DCS for short. DCS is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on simulation of military aircraft. It includes a FREE Su-25T and TF-51D aircraft. You can add additional DCS modules of other planes. Some of which are the F-86F Sabre and the Mig-15ibs. I personally have added the F-86F and the A-10C to mine.
                              The F-86 is a simple aircraft to learn to fly compared to the more modern jets with computer systems. I have found it a great way to become more familiar with the F-86s flight envelope that could very well prepare you to fly an RC version to its full potential.
                              For more info about DCS and the F-86F module and other aircraft here is the link. DCS periodically has sales on the modules so if your are patient and check the site one in a while you can get them at a good price.

Comment

Good tip Evoman, looks like a great sim. Gotta have something to pass the long winter days......

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

This sim is fantastic but it can be overwhelming to setup. I knew a few people building in home cockpits for these.
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                    This sim is fantastic but it can be overwhelming to setup. I knew a few people building in home cockpits for these.
                                    You really don't need a fancy home built to enjoy DCS. All you need to get started is a good PC capable of running DCS and a flight Stick.
                                    I personally use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick that is fairly priced and is highly rated for its price range.
                                    Also with the new Virtual reality headsets that have come out such as the Oculus Rift you can take it to the next level. VR has kind of made home built cockpits a thing of the past.

Comment

I am a die hard watercooling certified overclocking freak with the hardware :) Twin 980's and all. I was referring to other amusement collecting people like myself. Like to build real function cockpits in the house :)
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

I am also a flight sim/computer geek. But I spend enough right now on planes. Plus DCS does not run on linux.

Congrats on the F-86 success man!
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I can get it to run in ubuntu with Wine. Jet is a real keeper. I dont see myself not ever having one. Like the T28 its just does what it needs to and well.
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X