Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She will do her first voyage in the Spring. Practicing flying lots of jets on the sim during the winter nights. Crashing as often as kharma dictates. I have upgraded to the 1850Kv Inrunner package with a Gecko 125A esc. I made up this paint scheme from an internet simulated repaint. I know the foam will likely bubble in the sun, but she's ready to rock. Last Fall, I put her in my arms, put her at full throttle and cleared all the leaves from the back patio. Wow. I chose the dark scheme because far away, all planes become dark anyway. She's the Blue Meanie!...

Comment

• AirHead, that's a really nice scheme! "Blue Meanie" looks like an azure beast, and with the inrunner it will perform well, too.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• How do I turn off auto updates for this thread. Every time someone posts I get a little red thing. I unsubscribed but I keep getting notifications. Its like this for every thread I started and its getting old lol
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Airhead,
          Concur with Alpha, that simulated scheme is a great look cause it is really close to the actual coloring of a lot of Navy FJ's (Airforce 86's modded with longer nose strut for carrier use)
          If Motion would put these on sale;) , that would be all I need to do this FJ-3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FJ-3.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	62898
          Attached Files
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanx OV10 and Alpha. That's a cool FJ-3 livery! I remember a thread recently about dark blue and black planes out in the sun. Unfortunately, they do "gator" after awhile. FYI: I used "Dupli Color Perfect Match" automotive lacquer in "FORD True Blue", which is a fine metallic flake paint. If your not a FORD fans, GM and Chryco have their versions of metallic blues. Looks really nice, especially in sunlight. I covered with clear coat. We'll see what happens...I'd like to do a Dynam Catalina in that color. A "Blue Cat". Would be nice if they sold some planes unfinished for those who want custom schemes..

Comment

• Hello, I got this f86 from a previous owner and had a question about the esc. Does it come with a standalone bec powered by a nimh or life or is the 5a bec integrated with the stock esc?

I don't see a standalone bec on mine... Which would plug into an aux port on the rx

Comment

• Welcome to the forum! The ESC has an integrated 5A BEC, so you will only need the flight battery and no extra plugs nessecary.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                  Welcome to the forum! The ESC has an integrated 5A BEC, so you will only need the flight battery and no extra plugs nessecary.
                  Ok thanks!

Comment

• Decided to do a livery change on my F-86. Detail work of decals and weathering is next. Only one coat of each color applied...thinking another coat would make the colors more uniform, but, as is makes it more weathered looking. I used Krylon Craft Foam Primer to start out. Happy with the primer. Did minimal masking, free handed the camo pattern with the airbrush. I did not remover all the decals before applying the primer. You cannot tell there is decals. Primer did the trick of hiding them.
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• stay with the 1 coat. You've got a head start on the weathering. Looks great ! Nice control of the air brush.

Comment

• Yes. Leaving it as is. It's a good weathered look.
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Great job Lon, I'm going to use the Krylon Primer on the Tigercat when it gets here, so good to know it works great!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                            Yes. Leaving it as is. It's a good weathered look.
                            I LIKE !!!!! It looks like it should be doing a little low level recon mission into N Korea now :Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm actually surprised that there aren't more variations on the Sabre paint job or a Flite Metal Oracal covered version. Let's face it you could get as creative with the F-86 and you can with the P-51. Maybe Lon's starting a trend!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Go back to post #144..................that's what I'll do if we get a sale on it ;)
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

• That would look amazing!!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• fun flights with the F-86 and other jets this weekend

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Very nice Gooniac, great flying! I was also flying my F-86 this weekend and it is always a joy to fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Very nice Gooniac, great flying! I was also flying my F-86 this weekend and it is always a joy to fly!
                                        Now that was some great flying! Great low speed and low level aerobatics too! It is nice to see that others will not just leave the throttle pinned and go all out!! That isn't the right way to fly but what you did is dead on! Just like what I do!
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Now that was some great flying! Great low speed and low level aerobatics too! It is nice to see that others will not just leave the throttle pinned and go all out!! That isn't the right way to fly but what you did is dead on! Just like what I do!
                                          Thanks man! It exactly how the F-86 loves to fly. And, conserving the throttle to only the climbs I've extended some flights to as much as 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X