Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya I never have updated my dx8 as its working well and I don't want to take a chance on reprograming...

Comment

• I just save to an SD card after I program a new model. With the Sabre I had the issues because I had recently started over with an upgraded RX without saving the .ispm file. The new iX will be out soon and it’s supposed to be a lot better. At that point mine will be worth $100 haha

I flew my F-86 the other evening after streamlining the inside of the fuselage for better airflow. I could definitely tell the difference in once I picked up a little speed. I carved the foam just aft of the nose gear and cheater grate to at least 45 degree angle to pull air in easily. Theoretically it should increase the airflow while dulling turbulent air forward of the fan. I also pulled the new ESC out of the original location and side mounted it above the battery tray. I closed off the old ESC opening with thin hobby styrene in the air inlet side, and glued another piece on the top of the battery tray so that I could slide lipos back enough to get the CG where I like it (tail touch method).

Everything worked out great except the ESC gets a bit hotter obviously. I have an alarm set if it gets too close to heat limits per Castle specs.

Comment

• Love my F 86 Sabre .just been watching a programme on the Korean War and the dual between the F86 and the Mig 15 .It now got me wishing Freewing would bring out a 80mm Mig 15 .I am surprised they have not already brought out a Mig 15 . Yes I know Hobby King have just brought out a Mig 17 but think I will wait and see if Freewing will bring out a Mig 15 ,might have a long wait I think

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if the nose gear opening is actually needed for inlet air. Was looking to add a nose gear door to but if it’s a needed additional cheater hole I might just leave it alone? Maybe Alpha can chime in?

Comment

• I don’t know exactly how it compares to other planes it regards to actual performance data, but I do know that the plane needs a lot when on takeoff roll. Especially with upgraded power systems. I don’t know if it will cause any negative effects on higher speeds being as most the air will be coming through the nose

Comment

• Need a bit of info .Been flying my F86 ,to me it seems a bit underpowered ,especially on the take offs .I am using a 6s 4000mph battery with a 30c rating .If I was to buy the Admiral 6s 4000mph with a 60c rating that Motion RC sell would this improve the problem on my take off or would it just give the same power has my 30c rating lipo just give me longer time with no improvement in the power ratings .If you no what I mean ,Is does take off but only just .It only just get off before the end of the runway looms up .Failing changing the battery the next step would be to upgrade the motor ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                Need a bit of info .Been flying my F86 ,to me it seems a bit underpowered ,especially on the take offs .I am using a 6s 4000mph battery with a 30c rating .If I was to buy the Admiral 6s 4000mph with a 60c rating that Motion RC sell would this improve the problem on my take off or would it just give the same power has my 30c rating lipo just give me longer time with no improvement in the power ratings .If you no what I mean ,Is does take off but only just .It only just get off before the end of the runway looms up .Failing changing the battery the next step would be to upgrade the motor ?
                Just my opinion here, but I wouldn't fly any edf jet on less than a 40c rating. Usually I use 50c or greater, I think rc jet dude uses as low as 35c on his larger capacity 6s batteries but don't really know of anybody who uses less than 35c. So I'd say upgrading to the admiral or any 6s battery with a higher discharge rate would improve your power output.

Comment

• Flown almost all of my EDFs on 20C packs with no issues.

This includes a 12S 5000 watt BVM EVF.

Yes, you can get a marginal power increase with the lower internal resistance of higher C rated packs. The increased top speed might even be measurable.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    Flown almost all of my EDFs on 20C packs with no issues.

This includes a 12S 5000 watt BVM EVF.

Yes, you can get a marginal power increase with the lower internal resistance of higher C rated packs. The increased top speed might even be measurable.
                    I am really surprised that you fly on 20c packs. Not so much for your larger battery packs but on smaller 6s packs, very surprised. Based on your experience what would you have Cpt Moron do? Aside from recalibrating his esc? I never had issues with the stock power system on take off and mine was pretty old. I purchased it back in 2015 and flew it until a few months ago on the stock system. I upgraded to the FMS fan and 2100kv motor for more speed, of which I got a little bit, mostly I just got a little better efficiency, increasing flight times.

Comment

• I expect something else is going on, causing less power than what it should have.

ESC calibration, a bad solder joint acting as a resistor...
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Captain M, are you flying in grass? Where’s Your CG? If you're balancing it per the manual, the CG will be way too far forward, making it much harder to get off the ground. I’d also recommend a high-C battery, but you may have to shave the bottom of the canopy, to allow the fatter, higher-C battery to fit. Even if a lower C battery will work, the EDF is probably going to make the battery get hotter than hell. Heat kills LiPos.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• OK so I'm looking to get into EDF jets, and I really like the F86. One of the guys got an old one (fixed gear/no flaps) and seems to have a good time with it. I am about at or above his flying skill level so I have been looking around for a model that's not going to break the bank, and I cam across a F86 sold by General Hobbies that just might work for me.
                          Question is has anyone of you heard of this company and is anyone familar with this plane??
                          Thanks,
                          Rick

Comment

• F-86 Sabre flown to High Flight and America The Beautiful with onboard camera. Turn the Volume Up!

This was the maiden and subsequent flights on the stock F-86 Sabre. A beautiful flying jet that got faster each flight with the motor break in. 14 flights the first day out, Freewing models proving their durability.
                            Big thanks to camera girl for the great footage!

Comment

• So was that all in one take?

Comment

• I got online at Motion today and started a "chat" about upgrading the F86. They said "unfortunately Freewing doesn't show any upgrade options." He couldn't suggest any. What have you guys put into yours with out a lot of carving of the foam and such?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokopellimusic View Post
                                  I got online at Motion today and started a "chat" about upgrading the F86. They said "unfortunately Freewing doesn't show any upgrade options." He couldn't suggest any. What have you guys put into yours with out a lot of carving of the foam and such?
                                  Two guys here are running the L-39 motor/fan in them. Quite a bit better performance.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmO...iSznBSKJJEc-vQ
                                    Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                    So was that all in one take?
                                    3 flights for the videos. Way fun little jet. Not bad stock, but the density altitude here is begging for the L-39 fan setup which I have ready to go in.

Will have one of those gorgeous sunset videos like the rest on my YouTube page when I get all of the lights added to the Sabre.

Comment

• Here’s a video from the other day. It’s not that great, but it shows a bit of a the performance increase when swapping the fan up to the FMS 2100kv. The lipo I’m using in this video is the Admiral 4000mah 60c. It’s about a year or so old but it’s pretty abused. I can get 4 minutes on a 4000 with flying like in the video. The FMS unit is $80 on Tower Hobbies or other places

Comment

• I’m upset with motion not telling the truth about blue box failures servo failures be up front about it we spend a lot of money for the planes. I will start looking for planes elsewhere. I like the products but I see where your going more for you less for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                          Here’s a video from the other day. It’s not that great, but it shows a bit of a the performance increase when swapping the fan up to the FMS 2100kv. The lipo I’m using in this video is the Admiral 4000mah 60c. It’s about a year or so old but it’s pretty abused. I can get 4 minutes on a 4000 with flying like in the video. The FMS unit is $80 on Tower Hobbies or other places

https://youtu.be/HSoex5r_Dps
                                          100% agree!! The FMS set up is a huge leap in performance and flight time! Batteries will not puff or get hot at all either. Leaps and bounds better in all ways...
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X