• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

What is the FMS set up?
    this is the newest version...
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
      Thanks, I'll have to try that out in my sons F-86.

Comment

• Do the Freewing electric retracts have adjustment screws to eliminate some of the free play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Race 22 Crew View Post
          Do the Freewing electric retracts have adjustment screws to eliminate some of the free play?
          You know, that is a good question, I have a ton of flights on mine and the retracts have way to much free play in them, it's an old crashed one that a guy gave me, it flies great and its one of the old first batch ones with the original main retracts still in them, I did replace the nose gear one, it cracked so I had to. I have never found any adjustment on mine when I had them out a few times to repair the micro switches inside, so I don't have an answer for you on that one.

I did get to see the new inrunner version fly over the weekend, very impressed with it, nice sound to it and really fast compared to my old stock one, I might just have to get me a new F-86 soon.............

Comment

• I have the new F 86 with the new inline motor and it is ready to fly but the wind up here in darkest Lincolnshire in the UK just keeps on blowing ,so no maiden flight yet .I also have the old model and it struggled to get off on our grass runway, hoping the new inrunner version will be better on the grass runway If this wind ever dies down I let everyone know if there is much difference between the two models

Comment

• Well I braved the weather and finally flew my new F 86 with the upgraded inrunner motor and yes it is a lot better where has my old F 86 struggled to get airborne of our grass runway the upgraded F 86 with the inrunner motor ,even though there was a lot of wet dew on the grass runway which was going to slow up the F 86 she was airborne half way down the runway and it loops a treat now .Definitely worth buying it is a much better plane now with the added power

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                Well I braved the weather and finally flew my new F 86 with the upgraded inrunner motor and yes it is a lot better where has my old F 86 struggled to get airborne of our grass runway the upgraded F 86 with the inrunner motor ,even though there was a lot of wet dew on the grass runway which was going to slow up the F 86 she was airborne half way down the runway and it loops a treat now .Definitely worth buying it is a much better plane now with the added power
                CM, Congrats and this F-86 is on my Christmas Wish-list. Ahh, a boy can dream. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                  Well I braved the weather and finally flew my new F 86 with the upgraded inrunner motor and yes it is a lot better where has my old F 86 struggled to get airborne of our grass runway the upgraded F 86 with the inrunner motor ,even though there was a lot of wet dew on the grass runway which was going to slow up the F 86 she was airborne half way down the runway and it loops a treat now .Definitely worth buying it is a much better plane now with the added power
                  Is it a 100mph jet now?

Comment

• I have not timed it but it could be close to 100mph

Comment

• FMS is 100mph... that’s measured by gps ground speed via Spektrum telemetry though. Not out of a dive either haha. Or as measured in the sorties top speed after landing. I have a switch tied to Speed, volts, and mAh consumed.

Comment

• FMS 80mm in a FW F-86?

Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                        FMS is 100mph... that’s measured by gps ground speed via Spektrum telemetry though. Not out of a dive either haha. Or as measured in the sorties top speed after landing. I have a switch tied to Speed, volts, and mAh consumed.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                          FMS is 100mph... that’s measured by gps ground speed via Spektrum telemetry though. Not out of a dive either haha. Or as measured in the sorties top speed after landing. I have a switch tied to Speed, volts, and mAh consumed.
                          It picks up a lot of speed with the FMS unit! I am curious to see how the new freewing rotor design has helped with this plane as well. Other planes I have seen with the new rotor have done really well!! But the FMS is REALLY good in this plane!
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Here`s a couple of picts of my F-86. I just redid the paint scheme while my knee replacement was healing. F-86`s were the first A/C I worked on in 1955 when I joined the AF. This is an A/C from the 92nd FBS/81st FBW RAF Bentwaters 1951. Of course the graphics are from Callie. R.E.Driftmyer CMSgt USAF Retired.

Comment

• Drifty, Thank you for your service, SIr. Your F-86 is beautiful. Did you repaint the silver? It just looks great. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• @Drifty

Stellar refinish, and thank you for your service! I'm mulling possibly releasing a repaint of the PNP F-86 to help freshen up the model, since we recently repowered it. Your scheme fits really well! More to think about...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  @Drifty

Stellar refinish, and thank you for your service! I'm mulling possibly releasing a repaint of the PNP F-86 to help freshen up the model, since we recently repowered it. Your scheme fits really well! More to think about...
                                  Let me just jump right in and hijack this...

How about a repaint on the Stinger 90??? Such a sweet plane but with a dated scheme! Repaint and the new inrunner setup from the F15 and you'd be in business!

Comment

@Drifty

Alpha, if you do do a repainted scheme, might I presume in silver? Also, have you tried a product by Createx called "Quicksilver"? I tried it on my Phantom ordinance, SUU 23 gun-pods and the finish was very reflective like Alclad and the product is water based. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• JamesonC It's a good idea, I agree. We've considered inviting members to submit repaint designs for the Stinger 90. No one bit on the Air Titan invite, though, which implies repaint redesigns will need to remain on our internal To Do list, which as one can imagine is rather long. It may be awhile..

Elbee I have heard of that paint but haven't used it, and would need to find a supplier for fifty gallons or more. I'll task the paint factory to research.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

@Drifty

Any chance you could get them to leave the decals off on the future runs?

Comment

• Yes I did repaint the silver. I first used some filler primer ,sanded that then applied some Krylon metalic Aluminum . After letting that dry for a couple of days I finished it with Tamiya Silver Leaf. Thank you all very much for your kind input .Drifty

Comment

Working...
                                          X