Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool!!! I really like my T-45... Glad you are back in the air with her !! :Cool:

Comment

• great photos!

Here is the mod for the FMS fan unit and YEP 150A ESC. All I had to do was trim the tabs on the fan unit and sand a small ridge away from under the hatch. I put tape over the area to help seal.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_085700.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	148461Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_083846.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	148462
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Anybody know when will this be back in stock

Comment

• Don't know. Mine is currently down for repaint. Got 4 awesome flights on her last Sunday though. I flew formation with the stock F-4. the T-45 is a bit slower than the F-4. But, she is still my favorite.

Comment

• Finally got the T-45 in the air for its maiden. I think the CG was a bit too far aft, and I need to increase the expo on the aileron channel. Otherwise, very nice! Sets up very nice on final with gear down and flaps full. Looking forward to more. Guess I need a T-2C now. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	151466

Comment

• Really like the T-45. Keeps you on your toes when she is all dirty... Better fly her like a heavy jet. I almost lost mine on the maiden. Ran out of runway (pavement) and jerked her up to miss the curb. No problems after that until the battery (not Admiral or RT) hit LVC at 2:42!!! Pulled to idle and set up as best I could, then hit the throttle again and had just enough after reset to get her in without a bounce!!! :Whew::Scared: What a ride!!! Congrats to you on your maiden!!!!! :Cool: Glad it was not that eventful!

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden.

Comment

• Thanks Gentlemen! I can tell it's going to be a winner once it's dialed in.

Comment

• Just purchased this and it should be arriving today! Can't wait to get things together and follow a new thread :)

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                      Just purchased this and it should be arriving today! Can't wait to get things together and follow a new thread :)
                      So, how is your build going? The T-45 is a great flyer and flies very scale too, I enjoy mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1784[1].JPG
Views:	1114
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	152611

Comment

• It's been a crazy week. Was able to inspect everything but unable to start the build. I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. Unfortunately I have an A4 and F16 waiting to be built as well. First world problems LOL

Comment

• I'm a little bumfuzzled at the CG on this plane . I'm measuring from the leading edge of the wing to a point that would be 4 inches back and be close to the recommended 63mm . Everyone says they are sliding the battery forward but I'm having to slide it back as far as I can and still adding weight to the tail . About an ounce on the tube on the plastic exhaust piece .( it's on the vent tube ) It is level with about a inch nose down ,inverted on a balance fixture . Any one else had to do this ? I'm using the Admiral 5000 battery .I'm 66 years old and been flying since a teenager and a retired Aircraft Tech , G-4 mechanic started out at the bottom at a county airport

Comment

• Hey there Darrellmims, welcome to Hobby Squawk!

I led the development team for the Freewing 90mm T-45. It's been a while since I flew mine and don't have it in front of me right now, but as I recall the recommended starting CG is easily obtained by gripping the aircraft with two opposing fingers positioned at the front lip of the plastic "bunny ears" on top of the fuselage aft of the canopy. With the model upright and with the landing gear down. I grip the model with my thumb and middle finger, and lift. That's my "quick and dirty" CG spotcheck. Eventually I ended up moving my CG back for personal preference, but the front of the bunny ears is a good start for you to maiden, then adjust from there. Some people like faster landing speeds and further forward CG. I prefer slower landing speeds and further aft CG, at the cost of keeping momentum up during slow turns.

Edit: I'll clarify that I used the older Admiral 6s 5000, and never added any ballast weight anywhere. I used standard epoxy to join the rear fuselage piece, without any additional reinforcement than what was provided in the stock setup.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Hey there Darrellmims, welcome to Hobby Squawk!

I led the development team for the Freewing 90mm T-45. It's been a while since I flew mine and don't have it in front of me right now, but as I recall the recommended starting CG is easily obtained by gripping the aircraft with two opposing fingers positioned at the front lip of the plastic "bunny ears" on top of the fuselage aft of the canopy. With the model upright and with the landing gear down. I grip the model with my thumb and middle finger, and lift. That's my "quick and dirty" CG spotcheck. Eventually I ended up moving my CG back for personal preference, but the front of the bunny ears is a good start for you to maiden, then adjust from there. Some people like faster landing speeds and further forward CG. I prefer slower landing speeds and further aft CG, at the cost of keeping momentum up during slow turns.

Edit: I'll clarify that I used the older Admiral 6s 5000, and never added any ballast weight anywhere. I used standard epoxy to join the rear fuselage piece, without any additional reinforcement than what was provided in the stock setup.
                              Well that's a big difference of about 2 inches if its suppose to be 63mm aft of the front of the scoops . I'm sure it'll be good at the forward CG but seems like it would need a lot of nose up trim and a lot of elevator upon landing , I know fwd CG is better for first flights then readjust it for future flights as you feel the need. I just don't want to be tail heavy ,very touchy at aft CG.I will check further before the first flight though . Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrellmims View Post

Well that's a big difference of about 2 inches if its suppose to be 63mm aft of the front of the scoops . I'm sure it'll be good at the forward CG but seems like it would need a lot of nose up trim and a lot of elevator upon landing , I know fwd CG is better for first flights then readjust it for future flights as you feel the need. I just don't want to be tail heavy ,very touchy at aft CG.I will check further before the first flight though . Thanks
                                Another way to check CG is like this, gear down and with the jet upright, also make sure you have the canopy and the nose cone on the jet, just put your finger tips on one of the four retract mounting screws, the front inside one towards the slats, lift up and move battery one way are the other, you will be in the ball park at least, very easy to check this way. Your looking for a slight nose drop or if it wants to sit level that is even better.

Here is a pic of my Gensace 5000 60C battery placement and the screw I use. Of course your CG placement will change to your flying style. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_29770.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	153893Click image for larger version  Name:	image_29771.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	153894

Comment

• I didn't say "63mm aft of the front scoops", I said "located at the front lip of the plastic bunny ears [front scoops]". DCorsair's alternative method and pictures are good references for a similar CG range.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    I didn't say "63mm aft of the front scoops", I said "located at the front lip of the plastic bunny ears [front scoops]". DCorsair's alternative method and pictures are good references for a similar CG range.
                                    Just going by what the manual says , 63mm from the front of the scoops or right in the middle of the top strobe light. I also like for a low wing plane to be balanced inverted .Now setting the plane on a balance fixture( inverted) an putting the pads on the screws like Dcorsair said ,I have a plane that's is level with a slight nose down attitude .and it's in line with the top strobe . I think this will work . Thanks for your help .

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrellmims View Post

Just going by what the manual says , 63mm from the front of the scoops or right in the middle of the top strobe light. I also like for a low wing plane to be balanced inverted .Now setting the plane on a balance fixture( inverted) an putting the pads on the screws like Dcorsair said ,I have a plane that's is level with a slight nose down attitude .and it's in line with the top strobe . I think this will work . Thanks for your help .
                                      Your way will work to but when your out at the field without your balance stand and you want to move your CG around, my way makes it so easy to change the CG, just reach down and place your fingers tips on the screws and pick it up, you don't even have to pick it up off the ground, it will drop the tail or nose as soon as you put pressure on the screws.

Comment

• Well today was the day to get mine in the air for the first time and it didn't happen . I couldn't get enough speed to get the nose in the air ,it was not accelerating at all . I put a fish scale one the nose LG and all I could get is 5.8-6.1 Lbs pull .Manual says that it should be closer to 8. Yes I set the throttle on the ESC and tried another battery (60c) .There was a guy saying he did the same thing but I cant find what his was pulling . I fly off grass and it was cut low and a friends A-10 fly's perfectly fine . I will be calling Motion RC and if I don't get a good answer ,I'll trade this for a A-10 !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Your way will work to but when your out at the field without your balance stand and you want to move your CG around, my way makes it so easy to change the CG, just reach down and place your fingers tips on the screws and pick it up, you don't even have to pick it up off the ground, it will drop the tail or nose as soon as you put pressure on the screws.
                                          The simple way and actually moving forward is not for everyone ... analysis paralysis is what many suffer from :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X