Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edwarda10pilot View Post
    Hello all:
    I just picked up one of these T-45's from a fellow club member. The plane has been thru a few different owners and is in need of some work. I need to touch up some of the orange/red paint. Has anyone had to do some touch up and if so what brand and what color of paint did you use?

Thanks,
    Ed
    Hi
    Just go to Lowes home improvement and have them color match the Red and White. take the vertical stab into the store for a sample of the color. Pretty easy and cheap. $4 each color
    Rich

Comment

• T-45 Pylon Bomb

Hi, I'll finish printing soon. Then finish it. Later, put the files online

Comment

• Very cool!

Comment

• Indeed.....looks awesome!

Comment

• Nice job Rucky!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Hey Rucky, that is very very nice. I'm 3d printer illiterate. Any chance you'd print a pair of those for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                Hey Rucky, that is very very nice. I'm 3d printer illiterate. Any chance you'd print a pair of those for me?
                Hello I am from Austria. Shipping is only effective in the EU

Comment

• T-45 Pylon Bomb

The bomb pylon set is ready. I only brought two bombs together for me today ;-)
                  Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing T-45 Goshawk pylon with bombs by rucky Plex;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Hi
                    Just go to Lowes home improvement and have them color match the Red and White. take the vertical stab into the store for a sample of the color. Pretty easy and cheap. $4 each color
                    Rich
                    Rich, thanks very much. Had not thought of that.

Ed

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
                      Indeed.....looks awesome!
                      Hello Amgsky1 Thank you for your support on Pinshape

Google Translate

Comment

• You are welcome Rucky….the parts are great!

Comment

• Hello folks,
                          I recently acquired the Freewing T-45 90m EDF from a club member and am looking for advice on the radio set up. I have a Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 radio with a 7-ch receiver.
                          I'm stuck on which channels (flaps/slats/speed brakes) if any to Y-cable, etc. I realize an 8-ch receiver would be better but how would you set up a 7-ch receiver?
                          I didn't see any YT videos on radio set up. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by edwarda10pilot View Post

Rich, thanks very much. Had not thought of that.

Ed
                            FYI
                            Home Depot is another great place to get touch up paint.
                            This is what I got for my birdcage corsair

Rich
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Since I lost my beloved f86 I have been looking at a new jet. I could fly the f86 with proficiency and was wondering is this would be a good second jet.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I finally had a chance to maiden my T45 today and flew my L49 first to get my nerves settled down. For some reason I was a little afraid of this jet. Maybe its the wing loading or all the stuff that can go wrong with this one?
                                Out on the runway after preflight checks and put everything on low rates with no flaps... all good. Anyway I took off and while climbing out retracted the landing gear right away. Full throttle climb and then started to bank to the right for left downwind pass. Just when I started turning and giving some up elevator the plane darted to the left, which I countered very quickly back to the right. For those pilots watching it was more like a wiggle back and forth .. This scared me that something was wrong and decided to put the landing gear back down and get this jet back on the ground. ""It almost acted like the plane was tail heavy??""" It seemed to be unstable when turning while using any elevator. So I managed to get the plane heading back on a poor final approach putting the landing flaps down this plane really slowed down! I had to come back on the power several times to keep the speed up. When pretty close to the ground the plane turned left knife edge just off the deck before landing. My reflex action to the right just saved it from a total ugly crash. I can say this plane took off great and didn't require any trims. So, I really need to hear some feedback on possible mistakes or any ideas at all. I will be inspecting everything again such as servo testing controls etc. I had the CG balance by the book (I think). Please look at the battery position photos attached.

I know this plane has been around for several years now any Help would be greatly apricated :)

My fellow pilot RCAV8R was there for support Thanks Rob

Rich
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2958.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	199121
                                Attached Files

Comment

• My good buddy let me take his because he doesn't have the time to fly or space in his garage anymore sadly. But he LOVES this jet. I have flown it once or twice years back and all I can recall is that she was a sweetheart to fly. I love the slats and brakes, I wish our New Gen jets had all those amenities but I get they are weight and cost penalties. Looking forward to the "re-maiden" this week some time. Anything I need to keep in mind?

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.0 KB ID:	199173
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• She's a classic Todd. LOVE the way that one looks and flies. But it has been awhile since I owned and flown one, so I have no wisdom to offer.:Not-Talking:

Comment

• Yeah I remember she flew really nice...Can't recall if we used the slats and brakes on the landing or not or if it even makes any difference?
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• On the real one the slats go out with the flaps. I always used slats and 1/2 flaps for takeoff, slats and full flaps for landing. Speed brakes do help in a steep approach. Just ease in a little throttle before you round out. Super easy to fly. Don't horse it around at low speed or you will get a stall.

The real ones use brakes on approach so they can run a higher throttle setting minimizing spool up in case of a bolter.

By the way I will be flying a new t45 this weekend!
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Thanks for the info...Good luck with your new T45 this weekend!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X