X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    A flight from yesterday. It was really windy at altitude. A thunderstorm was approaching from behind the camera. On this day, landings were a challenge. But she made it home safe.
    A friend got his plane stuck in the big tree at the end right after this flight. Then it rained.

Edit: slats and half flaps on landing due to wind.

thanks for sharing Part 2

Looks like the motor is much more powerful based on your flight.

Rich

Comment

• As a side note, it appears this V2 version of the T-45 is using the same retract units as the new Hornet, 5.1 mm shafts, type E and type C. Better retract if you ask me. Also the MCB-E can be found on the Hornet page as well.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• seaviper, I've reached out a couple of times to MRC via chat and have also created a 'support ticket', regarding whether or not placement of an order for a new T45 will result in one receiving a 'V2', and they've not replied in over a week. The one input I got was essentially 'That's not a small task/question to answer', so I'm a bit hesitant pull the trigger. Usually, their support is nothing short of incredible, so I don't know what's producing the 'relative silence' on this particular inquiry. Did you simply place an order and receive an aircraft with the updates? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT!

Comment

• Originally posted by sky_hawk View Post
          seaviper, I've reached out a couple of times to MRC via chat and have also created a 'support ticket', regarding whether or not placement of an order for a new T45 will result in one receiving a 'V2', and they've not replied in over a week. The one input I got was essentially 'That's not a small task/question to answer', so I'm a bit hesitant pull the trigger. Usually, their support is nothing short of incredible, so I don't know what's producing the 'relative silence' on this particular inquiry. Did you simply place an order and receive an aircraft with the updates? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT!
          It sounds like they are not at the warehouse or do not have a way to verify what's in stock. I would assume that you would be getting the newest stock, my V1 is over 1 1/2 years old now

Rich

Comment

• That's probably true. Thanks for the reply, Rich!

Comment

As a side note, it appears this V2 version of the T-45 is using the same retract units as the new Hornet, 5.1 mm shafts, type E and type C. Better retract if you ask me. Also the MCB-E can be found on the Hornet page as well.
              I decided to order the new V2 1650 motor and I am going to hold off flying until installing it.

Thanks for all your information
              Rich

Comment

Finally some 4K video from Saturday, June 29, 2019. I have a few more to upload.

This was just a CG verification flight. I didn't wring her out. But you can see the performance of the stock power and an old Turnigy heavy duty 5000.

slats and half flaps on takeoff
                slats and full flaps on landing

Stock 1650KV setup
                Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000maH battery with lots of flights on it
                XT90's
                FrSky X9D Plus (camo case, hall effect sticks)
                X8R
                FLVSS

altitude about 600ft MSL, temps hotter than hot, humidity like being under water

I've recently read through the entire thread. Thanks to everyone who has helped and posted their experiences. I'm in the process of setting one up now.

seaviper; I see you use slats with your takeoff flaps. Is this because of the number of channels your using, or for an easier setup, or do you prefer to use them on takeoff? I always assumed they were to create more drag which would be useful for landings. But maybe I'm wrong and they create lift as well?

Thanks!
                Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by sthudson View Post

I've recently read through the entire thread. Thanks to everyone who has helped and posted their experiences. I'm in the process of setting one up now.

seaviper; I see you use slats with your takeoff flaps. Is this because of the number of channels your using, or for an easier setup, or do you prefer to use them on takeoff? I always assumed they were to create more drag which would be useful for landings. But maybe I'm wrong and they create lift as well?

Thanks!
                  Scott
                  Welcome to the Squawk Scott!

I hope you get your new questions answered soon.

In my experience with full scale aircraft, slats can add lift by changing the airfoil characteristics of the wing. Model aircraft do not scale down in the same way because of air density. My guess is these slats will cause drag more so than lift.

Rich

Comment

• HI

So just got this jet have not had a chance to fly yet but will this weekend. Out of the box so cool looking, I think it would have sailed out if it could have. Everything fit good except for the 2 smaller wing bolts going into the plastic mount. It fought me tooth and nail. Found out to take the wing off then start the screw in making some threads first. Once I did that bingo good shape now. Look amazing and can not wait to fly this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                      HI

So just got this jet have not had a chance to fly yet but will this weekend. Out of the box so cool looking, I think it would have sailed out if it could have. Everything fit good except for the 2 smaller wing bolts going into the plastic mount. It fought me tooth and nail. Found out to take the wing off then start the screw in making some threads first. Once I did that bingo good shape now. Look amazing and can not wait to fly this.
                      Next time if you have to do those wing screws again, put the small ones in first and just snug them up a little, then screw the four big ones in and then tighten them all up, works better and those little ones won't fight you.....

Comment

• Hi all

So I got the T-45 and what a nice looking jet overall. The build was simple and straight forward for the most part as all others are. I will say that the 2 smaller screws were somewhat a pain to get in as well. Like others, I found to put them all in loose and then tighten down. It went a lot easier that way. Take off are great and flying is a breeze. Simple stick it and it goes. Landings for me are gentle almost like there is a pilot in the cockpit. Overall I like the size and looks. The air brakes definitely work and slats are more for the cool effect than actual aerodynamic effect from what I see. If you want a smooth flying jet with great sound, you will not regret purchasing this one. I like the 6S 4000 '60c, 6S 5000 '50c, or the 6S Admiral 5100 70c in mine.

Brad L

Comment

• hello. I'm very interested in buying this machine. but I wonder if I take the 6S or 8S version. I got the yak 130 in version 6s; the plane was flying well but I still found it a little soft. that's why I think rather take the 8s version

What is your opinion about it.?

thank you for your feed back

Franck

Comment

• I'm satisfied flying this jet with 6S, but it seems that you aren't, so I think you've answered your own question. If what you wrote means that you've already placed an order for the 6S version, but changed your mind, you could call your vendor for an RMA and arrange an exchange, paying the difference plus return shipping.

Comment

• sorry I was probably not clear. I have not yet ordered the Plane

Comment

• I prefer the 6s version for its nice balance between cost, speed, weight, overall performance, and flight time. That's why we spec'd the 6s for mass production, and the vast majority of T-45s we've sold are the 6s version.

It's up to you. If you already have 8s batteries and don't mind paying a higher price for higher performance, then it seems the 8s T-45 would be more satisfying for you.

The Yak-130 wasn't my project and I would agree that it is better on 8s than 6s.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• hello Alpha. thanks for your answer. ok, no I have only in stock many pack lipos 6S. if I stay in 6S configuration, is it interesting to install the edf 1835KV? is it a good compromise? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cabriole View Post
                                    hello Alpha. thanks for your answer. ok, no I have only in stock many pack lipos 6S. if I stay in 6S configuration, is it interesting to install the edf 1835KV? is it a good compromise? thanks
                                    I have the 1835kv in mine, flies good, it is better than the stock 1550kv, comes with a weight penalty though, flight times are about the same, I will check my timer when I get home this evening but it's not great, depends on your throttle management.

Comment

• Hello Dcorsair, did you check your flight time in this configuration? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cabriole View Post

Hello Dcorsair, did you check your flight time in this configuration? thanks
                                        Oh yes I did, forgot to post it. I have my timer set for 2:35, the same as if I had the stock 1550, I don't back off much at all and try to milk it either, I taxi out and takeoff and fly 3/4 to full throtte most of the time, when I hear the timer go off I set up to land and sometime do a pass or two then land and taxi back, so I go well past the 2:35 mark and batteries are usually in the 3.79 3.80 range, so if you was to really milk it and do those throttle off dives one could do better Iam sure.

Comment

• ok thanks. for sure it is a little bit short :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X