You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I'm the lucky one here, as the A-4 Skyhawk has been my favorite airplane since I can remember, followed closely by the F-4 Phantom II. Plotted a plan for years on how I would one day build a good looking and flying TA-4J. Lots of plotting, not much doing. Then this Freewing A-4 comes out. I couldn't order it fast enough!! Flies like a dream, and the scale detail is way beyond anything that I had ever plotted. And, I can buy another right now if I want. Simply amazing. Currently working on that TA-4J. Thanks Alpha and crew. F-4 please.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Solution, just make it as big as Brent's. :)

Brent's huge foamie T-38 is one of the top three most impressive RC aircraft I've ever seen fly in person. From the outside it looks like he stole it from the Smithsonian. From the inside it looks like he stole it from Home Depot. The duality is truly inspiring!

And you're right, Grossman, our team is confident in the balance we've struck, thanks for the backup. Nothing's perfect, but at the same time, this segment of the hobby is exploding in all the best kinds of ways, so that's gotta say something.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Brent's huge foamie T-38 is one of the top three most impressive RC aircraft I've ever seen fly in person. From the outside it looks like he stole it from the Smithsonian. From the inside it looks like he stole it from Home Depot. The duality is truly inspiring!

And you're right, Grossman, our team is confident in the balance we've struck, thanks for the backup. Nothing's perfect, but at the same time, this segment of the hobby is exploding in all the best kinds of ways, so that's gotta say something.
        You're kidding! That's a foamie? Awesome

Comment

• Yes, he built it out of foam sheets from Home Depot. The big insulation sheets. The forward fuselage disconnects near the intakes, for easier transport. Of course it's sheeted and glassed and prettied up from the outside, but peeking inside shows its a foamie at its core. I can't say it enough, it's really impressive in real life!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, after your redesign on the v2 F-16 in which you knocked it out of the park. Love that jet. Your F-5 is not to far off, love that one too. Start off with a single 70mm T-38 prefurably. The 6s 70mm is the sweet spot . then maybe a larger twin 70mm T-38 or single 80mm... Incidentally my F-5 conversion is going well.
            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Hello all,
              I vote for the f4
              Also how about a twin 80mm airliner?something with wheels bignenough for grass

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Yes, he built it out of foam sheets from Home Depot. The big insulation sheets. The forward fuselage disconnects near the intakes, for easier transport. Of course it's sheeted and glassed and prettied up from the outside, but peeking inside shows its a foamie at its core. I can't say it enough, it's really impressive in real life!
                Thanks for the info on it, is there a build log for it? I'd love to see some more detailed pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

Thanks for the info on it, is there a build log for it? I'd love to see some more detailed pictures.
                  Here you go:

Pat

Comment

• I’d love it if Flightline would continue on the heavy bomber theme and do the Avro Lancaster in the same size as the B-24, however they should go ahead and make it 80” w/s. Seems that if that makes the shipping box too big they could make you have to glue the wingtips on. After the Lancaster a new B-17 that size would be awesome.
                    The next parkjets will not be not be U.S. aircraft so I expect to see the English Electric Lightning, a design perfect for a hand launch 64mm belly lander. And the more videos I see of edf powered Vulcans made of balsa flying the more feasible a FreeWing version in epo would be KILLER! I don’t mind the non scale landing gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                      Hello all,
                      I vote for the f4
                      Also how about a twin 80mm airliner?something with wheels bignenough for grass
                      The F-4 Phantom has been the most requested jet on here so there is a good chance its in the works already.
                      Your request for an airliner how ever is a rare request, that made me think that there could very well be a demand for one if the right one is chosen.
                      So this got me thinking of other twin engine military aircraft that are based on airliners that could interest a wider range of potential customers.
                      My conclusion is the KC-46 Pegasus tanker based on the 767. I am sure this model would seller well if it were offered in either a tanker or airliner form.

Click image for larger version  Name:	kc46_f16_highres_RE.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	108131

Click image for larger version  Name:	1200px-Delta_Air_Lines_B767-332_RE.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	108132

Comment

• A KC-46 would be super cool, especially if it had a working boom. I can picture a nice flyby with the boom down and a couple fighters in trail!
                        Pat

Comment

• Unfortunately a 2000mm KC-46 would only be 1/23 scale and same scale fighters would only have 500mm (UMX sized FA-18) spans.
                          Kind of anticlimactic especially after what treats we've been given the last year or so.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• To have any type of 4 engine EDF would be awesome. You just don't see it often. Plus its only a matter of time before someone takes the giant leap of bringing to life the BUFF or a KC-135. It would be incredible to have the SAC fleet in RC!!
                            Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              Unfortunately a 2000mm KC-46 would only be 1/23 scale and same scale fighters would only have 500mm (UMX sized FA-18) spans.
                              Kind of anticlimactic especially after what treats we've been given the last year or so.
                              So make it 3000mm for 1/15 scale. :)
                              Pat

Comment

So make it 3000mm for 1/15 scale. :)
                                The large scale boys (I'm becoming one) could only wish that Alpha would consider something that size :Cool:.............like TI mentioned earlier........ a freaking 3200 :ov10 LOL
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thank you :Cool:

Comment

• I would imagine the market for the larger planes is smaller. I love the 2m size myself, but not as many folks may have the dollars. For me, I would rather have a few big super scale that a bunch of little ones though.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                                      I would imagine the market for the larger planes is smaller. I love the 2m size myself, but not as many folks may have the dollars. For me, I would rather have a few big super scale that a bunch of little ones though.
                                      That's is exactly where my interest is evolving towards. Presently have 29 birds in the 1200-2000mm range but in the past six months have acquired 2 in the 2100mm+ range.
                                      When my sweetie asks "don't you have enough toys", I blame TwowingTJ for the start of the giant addiction. LOL
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• OV my answer to that question is not until I have them all:Drooling:

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

That's is exactly where my interest is evolving towards. Presently have 29 birds in the 1200-2000mm range but in the past six months have acquired 2 in the 2100mm+ range.
                                          When my sweetie asks "don't you have enough toys", I blame TwowingTJ for the start of the giant addiction. LOL
                                          My wife once asked me..."Honey how many planes are you going to get?"...my reply was..."All of them!".
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X