You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nickc2023 View Post

+1!!!!!!!
    Me too, although eventually these aircraft fail, unless you replace the servos, motor & electronics. When you build so many, there bound to much failure. I'd rather see ARF's that can be built to a person own specifications. Just saying", it no fun to get three flights to see a servo fail. That can't be fun. I'm no longer with MRC, so I'm stating the lessons learned. Matt

Comment

• Personally, I think that the market needs more quality Luftwaffe warbirds, in 1.5m or larger. On my personal want list:
      FW-190D-9
      Do-335
      Ju-88
      Bf-109E (even though Durafly is about to release a 1.1m Emil, a significantly larger version of this icon BoB fighter would be awesome.)
      Ar-234 (either V6 or V8... four 64mm fans would be crazy cool!)

In a size that would handle grass fields well. Of course, scale flaps and retracts, too.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by M.C. Redtail View Post
        I would love to see an F-22 70 mm or 80 mm twin edf's, to me that would be the ideal airplane
        I’d prefer this to an F4 everyday of the week. Make it twin 80s and you’d have another winner like the A10. Decent wing loading and reasonable flying times.

Comment

• No, no no. Let's stay on topic!! :f4phantom:Love: This is what I want to see on my workbench by this time next year (or sooner). Big enough to stick my head in the exhaust!! LOL

Image result for f-4 phantom rear
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
            No, no no. Let's stay on topic!! :f4phantom:Love: This is what I want to see on my workbench by this time next year (or sooner). Big enough to stick my head in the exhaust!! LOL

I don't an want an F4 to be that large. I just want one that can land on a short cut grass runway since the RC club that I am a member does not have a paved runway.

Tony

Comment

No, no no. Let's stay on topic!! :f4phantom:Love: This is what I want to see on my workbench by this time next year (or sooner). Big enough to stick my head in the exhaust!! LOL

Nice a$$ :f4phantom:f4phantom

Comment

I'm with you dude. Phantoms Phorever.
                Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                  Personally, I think that the market needs more quality Luftwaffe warbirds, in 1.5m or larger. On my personal want list:
                  FW-190D-9
                  Do-335
                  Ju-88
                  Bf-109E (even though Durafly is about to release a 1.1m Emil, a significantly larger version of this icon BoB fighter would be awesome.)

In a size that would handle grass fields well. Of course, scale flaps and retracts, too.
                  I just got into thinking that the FW-190D has a very similar fuselage as the FW-TA152H that FlightLine already makes. This could help getting a 190D-9 produced using the same fuselage. Flightline would just need to make new shorter wings for it.
                  Or you could just try retrofitting a TA 152H with the same wings used in the Flightline FW-190 and presto your own 190D-9!

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fw190d9g.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	111380

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I just got into thinking that the FW-190D has a very similar fuselage as the FW-TA152H that FlightLine already makes. This could help getting a 190D-9 produced using the same fuselage. Flightline would just need to make new shorter wings for it.
                    Or you could just try retrofitting a TA 152H with the same wings used in the Flightline FW-190 and presto your own 190D-9!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...erc-ta-152-pnp

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...-main-wing-set

Click image for larger version  Name:	fw190d9g.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	111380
                    I have the FlightLine Ta-152. I enjoy flying it, but it's not well behaved on my grass field. I've pushed the CG as far back as I feel is safe and have raked the gear forward a few degrees. It's still really light in the tail and wants to nose over. I believe that if the 190A wings were put on the Ta-152 fuselage, it'd be really close to a 190 Dora. For grins, one day, I'll have to see if my Freewing 190A wings fit on the FlightLIne Ta-150. I don't think they will though. I believe that the Ta-152 is slightly smaller scale than the Freewing 190A; therefore, the Ta fuselage will be more narrow than the A model fuselage, and the wing saddle would be way out of whack.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony617 View Post

I don't an want an F4 to be that large. I just want one that can land on a short cut grass runway since the RC club that I am a member does not have a paved runway.

Tony
                      The bigger it is, the bigger the wheels are, the bigger the wheels are the better it will be on grass.......
                      If they do make one I really hope it is not a single 80mm, what ever is next I hope its big, another twin 80 A10 style frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                        Personally, I think that the market needs more quality Luftwaffe warbirds, in 1.5m or larger. On my personal want list:
                        FW-190D-9
                        Do-335
                        Ju-88

Better Retracts! I know from personal experience retracts are made weak. There are so many better options to build a solid retract. For one they shouldn't have brass jackscrews. Second, remove the pot-metal locking plate and make it thicker metal. Then you might have a retract that will hold up to some harder landings. Airplanes can come and go, better gear! My vote.

Comment

• The landing gear they put on that new Spitfire 1600 mm is jam up. It has Springs in it and almost feels like hydraulic compression. It's pretty beefy too looking at it up close.

Comment

• A 70 or 80mm F-16XL would be awesome!

Comment

• from the other "what's next" thread, an EDF release is coming sooooooon.

Comment

• How about a F18 Hornet in Blue Angels color scheme. 90 mm of course. It would be easy to add this model to the line since all you have to do is paint it and add the proper decals. Friend of mine has the F16 in Thunderbird colors, very nice model looks and flies great very visible especially on cloudy days. The military grey models are too hard too see for my 69 year old eyes. I fly Stinger 90 as well as many other prop planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
                                  The landing gear they put on that new Spitfire 1600 mm is jam up. It has Springs in it and almost feels like hydraulic compression. It's pretty beefy too looking at it up close.
                                  Yes, they can only take so much. I always add some white lithium grease to the jack screw. Seems to smooth them out while operating. Not too much as it can gather debris on grass or dirt. Cheers! Matt

Comment

• F8 or T2 remember what the f8 pilots said "when your out of F8's your out of fighters"

also a nice straight wing F9 would be cool with me

Comment

• Would like to see an F4D Skyray, 90mm super scale. Or F22 / FA18 90mm super scale. Any one of those would fit my fancy. Since they already have the molds, would it be that hard to make the f18 out of epo, and get rid of the thrust vectoring and add some nice grass capable landing gear with beefier mounts ?

Comment

• Sure has been quiet lately. Must be about time for a new release. :f4phantom Something's got to happen soon. The anticipation is building.... no, wait, just a gas bubble. :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Sure has been quiet lately. Must be about time for a new release. :f4phantom Something's got to happen soon. The anticipation is building.... no, wait, just a gas bubble. :Silly:
                                          I've been secretly reviewing the new Flightline 3200mm OV-10 for Alpha and I can tell you it looks great but has too much power however the functional clam doors make up for it.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X