You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vote for the next 80mm or 90mm. The nostalgic fighter jet's are awesome (the F-4 has a special place in my heart) & so are the misc. trainers, but we need some modern military machines that weren't designed in the 1940's, 50's & 60's:

The obvious choice is: F-22 (preferred) or F-35

We could always use an SR-71 :Smug:

We also need a good modern PNP commercial airliner like a 737 (twin 70 or 80's) with a pick your airline graphic choice.:787

Comment

• Originally posted by ///INVERTED\\\ View Post
      My vote for the next 80mm or 90mm. The nostalgic fighter jet's are awesome (the F-4 has a special place in my heart) & so are the misc. trainers, but we need some modern military machines that weren't designed in the 1940's, 50's & 60's:

The obvious choice is: F-22 (preferred) or F-35

We could always use an SR-71 :Smug:

We also need a good modern PNP commercial airliner like a 737 (twin 70 or 80's) with a pick your airline graphic choice.:787
      I have seeing the F-22 fly in person at an airshow and its a very impressive bird that I have a lot of respect for. :Cool: The F-35 on the other hand not so much unless its the F-35B that is actually VTOL capable. Below is a video of someone that has been building his own.

Comment

• YES ! Full on single 90 Raptor super scale .....and I'm in.

Comment

• NatGeo was running "Hitler's Stealth Plane" again tonight on the Ho-229. Sat and watched it for a while. Very interesting.
          Pat

Comment

• I don't think we would be happy with an SR-71. Although in twin 80 mm I would buy one, but the flying is limited with that short wingspan. Doing laps as a delta dart may get old fast. An SR-71 is not a "yank and bank" airframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
              Doing laps as a delta dart may get old fast
              I don't think so :).

Comment

• Ya, I guess the presence of a 13 lb SR-71 going by at 120 mph would not be so bad. But doesn't the black alligator really bad?

Comment

• I'd really like to see more inexpensive 64mm birds like the 105 and Crusader... years ago they were all over the place but seem to have fallen out of favor for much larger aircraft with lights, sliding canopies, retracts, flaps, etc which is all well and good, but I really like being able to take several smaller jets out and use cheap batteries to fly them. Hand launch, belly land, no gimmickry. And they're a LOT of fun to fly in formation, especially when you have 3 or more.

Eurofighter, Gripen, Draken, Viggen, Rafale, Mirage, Kfir (you might notice I like deltas). It would be nice for those of us who fly small multirotors with 3S or 4S 1300s or the common 3S 2200s.

Comment

• Stay tuned Mad, Alpha has promised that more park jets are on the horizon! Oh, you like deltas but failed to mention the Skyray F4D! I’ll forgive you this time!LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      Stay tuned Mad, Alpha has promised that more park jets are on the horizon! Oh, you like deltas but failed to mention the Skyray F4D! I’ll forgive you this time!LOL
                      I managed to pick up an old 64mm FMS Skyray. Very cool jet. Just doesn't like 2200mah lipos. Too heavy for it.

Comment

• I think one of the funniest moments I've had at my field was when 3 of my friends all launched their panthers for a formation flight and I had to do a mad scramble to get my mig-15 up after them.
                        It took 3 hand launch attempts to get the mig up but by then I had just enough time to break up the formation, chase one panther around the field and then break off to make my run for the Yaloo river while the rest set up for landing.
                        I made one last pass off the runway just to say " Hi " while my friends picked up their planes. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                          I don't think we would be happy with an SR-71. Although in twin 80 mm I would buy one, but the flying is limited with that short wingspan. Doing laps as a delta dart may get old fast. An SR-71 is not a "yank and bank" airframe.
                          With my 70mm F-104, I find that I can't make sharp turns, so I do cobras along with my figure 8s and lowflybys. I bring it towards me and yank on that elevator - shoot straight up. So satisfying..

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                            Still waiting for a T-38 Alpha, and still working on the F-5 conversion..
                            I know you have been asking a T-38 for while now but I sincerely think there are slim chances of there being one any time soon by freewing only because there already is the F-5 Tiger that is so similar.
                            But the good thing is that there is at least the F-5 as a basis for a conversion of a similar model.
                            I recently saw this video of a Mirage 2000C in to a Kfir conversion that got me thinking that conversions can be a lot more easier and accurate now a days with 3D Printing.
                            You should contact the RC Geek to see if he could help out with a T-38 conversion. http://thercgeek.com/3d-printed-products-services/

Comment

• Yea it's funny you brought that up Evoman, I've had some private conversations with Alpha over the past few months and he stated that the parting line on the F-5 was designed for a nose conversion but it wasn't on the books because the mold would cost 10000 ! I am in the process of doing that behind the scenes. I have made exact scaled plans for the 80mm F-5 with an F-5B or T-38 nose conversion. I am vacuum forming canopy/cockpit tub and wing tips for the T-38. I have been flying the same Freewing F-5 since it first came out. Ever since I sold my Skymaster turbine T-38 I have been having withdrawel symptoms. I also have the real ones flying over me Monday thru Friday coming out of Randolph AFB.
                              My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• One other thing that really fired me up Evoman was the 70mm 6s Alaskan F-16 purchase from Motion. The revamped was spot on, I love that plane, it flies so good. I was hoping and bugging Alpha for a single 70mm 6s T-38. The 6s 70mm set up is the best power/flight time for the current battery technology.
                                My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Could do the v-forming like that or I'm sure some have come up with some 3d printed parts by now.

Comment

• Yea, 3dp T-38 wing tips would be great ! Just slide them on the missile rail stubs and screw them on, great idea ! Cockpit too....

Comment

• Exactly then also you have 2 planes for the price of one, maybe make a magnetically attached nose piece as well.

Comment

• A B29, a Bristol Beaufort, a F4U Corsair and many of WWII fighters and Bombers

Comment

• I'ld like to see the Canadian Avro Arrow, which never ended up going into production after its testing phases, It was way ahead of its time when they designed it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X