You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hotdogx View Post

I'd buy one immediately!! Much cooler than the Mirage.
    Absolutely!!

Comment

• Always Rafale for me. It isn't a mirage with canard....Rafale is really more agile and large flying area. YF 22 pilots' are impressed by this plane. After alpha jet should be nice in PAF to have a nice jet with my F16 thunderbird to make a great show!

Comment

• I will keep suggesting: F-84 in any size or an F-101 in any size. It would also be nice if they would come out with a reliable Gloster Meteor.

Comment

• ANYTHING!!
          With a 1600mm wingspan and a prop on the front
          or
          An 80 mm EDF.
          It's been a while since we've seen a new Flightline bird, since the Spitty which was announced in the Winter of 2017.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            ANYTHING!!
            With a 1600mm wingspan and a prop on the front
            or
            An 80 mm EDF.
            It's been a while since we've seen a new Flightline bird, since the Spitty which was announced in the Winter of 2017.

Grossman56
            Oh Danny boy, we gotta work on your memory skills LOL
            The Libby came Nov 2017 after the Spitty which was Jan 2017
            And yes on another 1600mm bird but with 2 props.....................:ov10

Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Two props, LOL! LOL:ov10

Comment

• Well my vote is for a really nice 2000mm C-130. If you want one of these today all you can do is scratch build one, not gonna happen, for me at least. I cannot understand why we got B-17's, B-24's, heck we even have PBY's, (Dynam of course. No landing gear, LOL). But no nice C-130, "for crying out loud".
                Yes there are a few short kits around, but you have to have a dedicated trailer to move them around. Where is the fun in that. Also you'll spend 2 years building one of them, then OMG if you have a miss hap. So I vote for "Freewing" to do this, as it is in fact jet powered, jet powered props that is.

Variants of the C-130 have been operating since the late 60's. They have been used as attack aircraft, bombers, cargo haulers, troop carriers, and many, many other rolls I can't even think of. Been in service for more than 60 years, still in service today and widely used by many nations in the world.

Now in case anyone's interested I use to fly these in the Air National Guard many moons ago. I also knew more than my fair share of Phantom Jet Pilots. The air frame, (on the real C-130's) is magnificent! The aircraft is very controllable, much, much more controllable than a Phantom Jet. As a matter of fact many National Guard C-130 pilots were indeed former Phantom Jet Pilots, (I was not a former Phantom Jet Pilot FYI).

My point being, in my opinion, you really need to be an accomplished RC pilot to even attempt driving an RC Phantom jet. But a much lesser accomplished RC pilot could easily fly a nice C-130 RC model. Even those who have scratch built them always rave about how well and predictable it is to fly.

SO why doesn't anyone make one? Your guess is as good as mine, can't help but wonder about this. There is even a company that skipped over the C-130, and made a C-17, LMAO. Yes you can buy a C-17 right now, but no C-130.

This is clear evidence that the group think mentality is alive and well in the aircraft model industry. This is moronic to say the least. So why do we have a B-17, B-24, C-17, and even an Airbus A-380, and no C-130? I you can answer this, with an answer that makes sense I'll salute you. For me, I just think no one is paying attention.

LISTEN to me carefully. If you make it, they will come.

Best Regards
                Woody

Comment

• Oops, you're right, I never paid too much attention to the B-24 so she slipped my mind. Besides, you know what I mean. We need a single engine mate to the Spitfire, like a Hurricane. Twins, spells OV-10, has to be, too much demand for it not to.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Ok call me strange would love to see a Flightline copy of Erwin Rommel's Storch say 1450mm in trop.Camo! 4s I can dream :):Drooling:LOL

Comment

• The speed 4s would produce would rip the wings clean off that plane lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        The speed 4s would produce would rip the wings clean off that plane lol
                        Like I said I can dream LOL My FMS 182 trainer can handle a 4s 2200mAh at about half or so throttle with out burning up or ripping wings off 40ampESC just a though.

Comment

• Hahaha yes indeed :)

Comment

• How about a Mitsubishi F-1 or T-2 ..
                            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• How about a Mitsubishi F-2. Just a bigger F-16 with more wing area and LEX.
                              Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• No your not mistaken, That is a, "US Navy Locheed C-130" sitting on the deck of a US Aircraft Carrier. It was landing and taking off, doing touch and go's to prove the viability of operations off of an aircraft carrier.

Best Regards
                                Woody

Comment

• I want a scale 1700 mustang that flies aggressively.The current one lacks power periodDo any of the 1700series fly well...

Comment

• We always want more power...

You can always add more power too. But be sure to stiffen/strengthen the aircraft when you do it.

There is the loss of low speed performance when you add the power because you are adding weight. For general sales, the models need to have reasonable low speed performance, because the average RC pilot never learns to handle take-off or landing of a heavy warbird.

(Often not even the people that build and fly them...)
                                    At a local annual scale big bird event, there was a guy who brought a P-51 every year for 7 years that I attended. Every year he taxied out to the runway, hammered the throttle and cartwheeled the airplane. He never learned and would never listen.
                                    You just can't handle a heavy scale warbird like a lightly built 50CC 3D aerobatic aircraft.

Be careful what you ask for... you might get it.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                      We always want more power...

You can always add more power too. But be sure to stiffen/strengthen the aircraft when you do it.

There is the loss of low speed performance when you add the power because you are adding weight. For general sales, the models need to have reasonable low speed performance, because the average RC pilot never learns to handle take-off or landing of a heavy warbird.

(Often not even the people that build and fly them...)
                                      At a local annual scale big bird event, there was a guy who brought a P-51 every year for 7 years that I attended. Every year he taxied out to the runway, hammered the throttle and cartwheeled the airplane. He never learned and would never listen.
                                      You just can't handle a heavy scale warbird like a lightly built 50CC 3D aerobatic aircraft.

Be careful what you ask for... you might get it.
                                      Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                        Well my vote is for a really nice 2000mm C-130. If you want one of these today all you can do is scratch build one, not gonna happen, for me at least. I cannot understand why we got B-17's, B-24's, heck we even have PBY's, (Dynam of course. No landing gear, LOL). But no nice C-130, "for crying out loud".
                                        Yes there are a few short kits around, but you have to have a dedicated trailer to move them around. Where is the fun in that. Also you'll spend 2 years building one of them, then OMG if you have a miss hap. So I vote for "Freewing" to do this, as it is in fact jet powered, jet powered props that is.

Variants of the C-130 have been operating since the late 60's. They have been used as attack aircraft, bombers, cargo haulers, troop carriers, and many, many other rolls I can't even think of. Been in service for more than 60 years, still in service today and widely used by many nations in the world.

Now in case anyone's interested I use to fly these in the Air National Guard many moons ago. I also knew more than my fair share of Phantom Jet Pilots. The air frame, (on the real C-130's) is magnificent! The aircraft is very controllable, much, much more controllable than a Phantom Jet. As a matter of fact many National Guard C-130 pilots were indeed former Phantom Jet Pilots, (I was not a former Phantom Jet Pilot FYI).

My point being, in my opinion, you really need to be an accomplished RC pilot to even attempt driving an RC Phantom jet. But a much lesser accomplished RC pilot could easily fly a nice C-130 RC model. Even those who have scratch built them always rave about how well and predictable it is to fly.

SO why doesn't anyone make one? Your guess is as good as mine, can't help but wonder about this. There is even a company that skipped over the C-130, and made a C-17, LMAO. Yes you can buy a C-17 right now, but no C-130.

This is clear evidence that the group think mentality is alive and well in the aircraft model industry. This is moronic to say the least. So why do we have a B-17, B-24, C-17, and even an Airbus A-380, and no C-130? I you can answer this, with an answer that makes sense I'll salute you. For me, I just think no one is paying attention.

LISTEN to me carefully. If you make it, they will come.

Best Regards
                                        Woody
                                        A C-130 is definitely an airplane that needs to come the RC foam market. It is just so versatile and there have been so many variants of it.
                                        By the way a few months ago one of the 3rd party developers for my favorite flight simulator DCS World had posted a question on their Facebook page asking people what none combat airplane would they like to see come to DCS.
                                        And the most requested airplane was some sort of C-130 variant. This would be for a full fidelity simulation complete with a fully clickable cockpit controls. So this would be something also to watch for if your a fan of the C-130.

As for an RC C-130 I think this Coast Gard variant would be the most visible in the air.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C-130 Coast Gard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	130783

Comment

• Originally posted by Seniorflyer63 View Post
                                          I want a scale 1700 mustang that flies aggressively.The current one lacks power periodDo any of the 1700series fly well...
                                          Most guys get the 5060 KV 360 that is in the FMS Pitts and drop that in for some more power

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

There was mention on the size of the battery and that if you use a 3300, you're better off because you're not adding a lot of weight.
                                          A couple of avenues to explore.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X