You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d really like to see a twin 80mm or single 90mm F-101 Voodoo with all the bells and whistles retracts with full gear doors, air brakes.

Comment

• I really wish there was a nice sized F-22 raptor with scale retracts and power similar to the avanti. The only decently sized f22 i have been able to find is my old hangar 9 balsa model, which isnt very scale dimension-wise and is prop driven. Flies great but its just not quite satisfying that f22 craving.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303forweb.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	130950

80mm Republic F-84 Thunderjet

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	17211801_489392468116378_35215449509458462_o.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	130953

And for a Flightline twin, this one needs no introduction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post
            Click image for larger version

NOW YOU’RE TALKING!!!!!!!!
            i hope Motion hears you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would be on that like a duck on a junebug:Cool:

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Name:	IMG_0303forweb.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	130950

I am liking the F-84, but my feeling is the next one is a Vietnam Veteran.

Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I'm actually not certain if any has done one of these. This is a PT-22 Ryan. My uncle actually restored one of these, and flew it to the Mentor Field Air Show, and put it on static display. It was easily as nice a ether of these. Maybe better, you just had to see his restoration work, unbelievable to put it lightly. So he's visiting with people at the air show, (about 1985 or so). This scruffy looking guy walks up and asks my uncle, "How much for the Ryan"? My uncle and his wife pondered it for a few seconds, my uncle says 250 thousand. He figured it was worth about 50 thousand at the time. The guy proceeds to hand him a check for 250 thousand dollars. My uncle was literally speech less. He actually liked the plane and was planning on keeping it for a while. But like most, when someone offers you 5 times what something is worth, he took the money. He went on and restored about 5 more planes before his death.

So I always thought it was a beautiful plane.

Best Regards
                  Woodcock

Comment

• PT-19/23 is better known and so similar that the Ryan aircraft get confused with the Fairchild aircraft. It doesn't help that the series numbers squeeze the Ryans in between the Fairchilds.

So we end up with several kits, ARFs and RTFs of the PT-19 and hard to find a Ryan.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yes indeed, and until it is produced I'll be on a plane buying break

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS69 View Post

I agree. The F22 needs to come out of the 64mm series line up into a large scale twin 80mm or single 90mm depending on R&D / Costs. And the F35 is in dire need of a V2 upgrade, Similar to the F16 in both 70mm & 90mm versions. And please no VTOL or Thrust Vectoring.
                        Agreed! No thrust vectoring :D

Comment

• I wonder what the feasibility of a B52 quad edf would be. Maybe 2200mm flying two 6s packs?

Comment

• 1600mm or larger Bf/Me-109 or a scale twin 80mm F-23 with thrust vectoring.

Comment

• F23 would be awesome

Comment

• 2000mm u2 90mm edf
                                super scale
                                would be stable and probably could get good flight times with the wingspan

Comment

• Have you ever seen a U-2 fly? All you could do with it is fly super slow around the field and do touch and goes... if you go to fast the wings will rip off. When you apply throttle all it will do is shoot straight up like a kite

Comment

• So really how much more would a OV 10 bronco do?
                                    not disparaging the Bronco,but still think a U2 would be nice.
                                    Yes I have seen U2 and Sr 71 fly when my dad was a radar tech stationd at Elmendorf AFB during mid to late 70s.

Comment

• I’m not trying to dissuade you from wanting one. I’m stationed at Beale AFB. Where the U-2, and once upon a time the SR-71, is based. I watch them fly non stop. They just would fly slow. They would be fun to fly a touch and go pattern on their bycicle gear though

Comment

• A 2M U2 would only look realistic with a 70mm, running 4s. Any larger edf and it'll just become a parts plane, and yes the OV10 could do many more times what the U2 could do in speed, aerobatics and absolute fun factor. Have you seen what the OV10 can do in Afghanistan? I would venture not.

Comment

• That said I do know a guy i fly with here who would love a U2, his name was Jeff "Fletch" Fletcher. His first flight in the plane was 18 Aug, 1992.

Comment

Working...
                                          X