You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem gents U2 removed.

Comment

• What would be funny is if the U2 was project foil after all this. Lol not saying it's a bad thing, just saying the OV10 is a much more versatile plane.:Cool::bluecool

Comment

• With the huge success of the B-24 release, it is clear that the best marketing solution for MotionRC is to release all further multi-engine releases in 2000mm, including the Bronco, which would be awesome. With plug in wings, transport is not an issue. ;)

PS The U2 would be cool, but I can't see an easy solution for the wing tip pogo gear. TO and landing would be problematic.

Comment

• The way I see it, a well done U-2 could be done to satisfy us scale guys and give a nice big moto-glider to fly. I would consider 70mm on 6S so that you can still get that crazy U-2 climbout. Once at altitude, sit back and fly it like a Radian, using the motor just to bring it up to altitude again. Would be a nice relaxing experience to fly. Would also be neat if you put a high def camera in the belly and take some recon photos to hunt for lost planes.

That said, the gear would be a challenge for takeoff/landing. You would need some sort of outrigger wheels to support the wing tips, either some light servo driven retracts or a half-recessed wheel in the tip.

With the gear challenges, another cool alternative for a similar flight experience could be a Global Hawk.

Comment

• I would think for twins keep them 1600, 4 engines graduate to 2000+. :)

Comment

• Sorry jhnybdg... it doesn’t matter what we think. If you’d like one there is no problem with that. Being a Global Hawk Sensor Operator for 7 years was not anywhere close to being as “fun” as being a Loadmaster on C-5s and C-17s. The U-2 flys similar to the GH. Super high altitude and in so small of a flight envelope that you’re within a 10 knot window of either stalling or ripping the wings off. A scale C-17 would be awesome but I’m biased. I have the Tiang Shen version but it’s kinda a POS... it runs 4 55mm EDF fans on a single 4s battery. It also comes with a working cargo ramp for airdropping toy army g

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                The way I see it, a well done U-2 could be done to satisfy us scale guys and give a nice big moto-glider to fly. I would consider 70mm on 6S so that you can still get that crazy U-2 climbout. Once at altitude, sit back and fly it like a Radian, using the motor just to bring it up to altitude again. Would be a nice relaxing experience to fly. Would also be neat if you put a high def camera in the belly and take some recon photos to hunt for lost planes.

That said, the gear would be a challenge for takeoff/landing. You would need some sort of outrigger wheels to support the wing tips, either some light servo driven retracts or a half-recessed wheel in the tip.

With the gear challenges, another cool alternative for a similar flight experience could be a Global Hawk.
                Indeed, or just do a hand launch. If it were me I would do the half recessed wheels for rog takeoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                  Sorry jhnybdg... it doesn’t matter what we think. If you’d like one there is no problem with that. Being a Global Hawk Sensor Operator for 7 years was not anywhere close to being as “fun” as being a Loadmaster on C-5s and C-17s. The U-2 flys similar to the GH. Super high altitude and in so small of a flight envelope that you’re within a 10 knot window of either stalling or ripping the wings off. A scale C-17 would be awesome but I’m biased. I have the Tiang Shen version but it’s kinda a POS... it runs 4 55mm EDF fans on a single 4s battery. It also comes with a working cargo ramp for airdropping toy army g
                  I always thought a good scale C17 would be awesome. Maybe quad 70mm opening rear cargo door with drogue chute deployment options, opening nose for the battery installation and a cargo ramp. You could really do alot with one of those

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                    No problem gents U2 removed.
                    I tried on 2 occasions, to convert the Lanier FF glider/rubber band model to electric RC. These were before LiPo and Brushless so the weight of the 6 cell NiCd broke the wings of the first and the second had inadequate power for the reinforced wing (bicycle pennant 1/4 inch dia, 5 ft long fiberglass rod in the wings)

I'd definitely go for a decent modern EDF powered U-2.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I'm still thinking hand launch

Comment

• C17 would be great.....or how about C141

Comment

• A 141? We're all assuming that Alpha's edf project Foil is a fighter or an attack aircraft. What if it was a 141? I think that'd be killer.

Comment

• Or a U2

Comment

• Oh wait has any one thought about an OV 10 Bronco?

Comment

• Just about 200,000 people

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  Or a U2
                                  Cub mate had one of these from Phase 3. It flew pretty good.
                                  Discount R/C Trucks, Cars, Airplanes, and Boats. For Fast Shipping Call 866-729-4940. We Carry Traxxas, Team Corally, DHK, Pro-Line, Hot Racing, Savox, Rage, RPM and HPI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PH022KIT-2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	131749

Comment

• I'm sure, however its discontinued. I was under the impression that phase 3 folded up? Is that correct?

Comment

• Still available on Alibaba/Aliexpress.

Comment

• Hmmm never heard of them.

Comment

• Rifleman, they are similar to bangood and the other Chinese direct stores. They are like a shady version of Amazon minus the customer service..And shipping might take quite a while.
                                          Also, I finally decided to hammer out a list of all the planes I’d love to see. And there’s probably even some missing here. I know, I’m a hopeless addict LOL.

Propeller Driven:

Single Engine: (1.2m +)
                                          F6F Hellcat
                                          F4F Wildcat
                                          TBM Avenger
                                          Fairey Swordfish (folding wings)
                                          MQ-1 Predator

Multi Engine: (1600mm +)
                                          B-29 Superfortress (2400mm)
                                          A-26 Invader
                                          Grumman Goose
                                          Martin Mars