You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

This one could be easily belly-landed on grass with the gear retracted! And its a very cool plane for sure, would present a few difficulties as an RC model unless it was pretty big. It would be terrific with 70mm fans just like the 262 (the nacelles are practically identical). Maybe they could offer it with a quad option (just switch out the nacelles). The main gear is quite narrow and the wing and horizontal stab are really skinny. But these things could be modified slightly by the geniuses at FW I am sure so that it would handle well. while still retaining the basic scale looks.

Did you notice what a gigantic beast the Do335 is, which as you know is sitting right next to the Arado? And the incredible He219 UHU right behind the tail, looking like a spaceship? All three of these planes were fantastic and deserve to be added to the FW fleet.
    If you think those are wild, what about the Junkers Ju 287?

Comment

• Nah, the Ju287 is just a little too weird for me. Maybe I'd feel differently if there was one that I could look at.

I have flown models of all three of the ones I mentioned. I like the HE219 the best.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        Nah, the Ju287 is just a little too weird for me. Maybe I'd feel differently if there was one that I could look at.

I have flown models of all three of the ones I mentioned. I like the HE219 the best.
        Yeah the He-219 would be sweet.

Comment

• Or how about a Yer-2 or a Yak-9?

Comment

• Still waiting...
            where’s that Missle Catcher OV-10?
            :)

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
              Still waiting...
              where’s that Missle Catcher OV-10?
              :)
              OOOOHHHHHHHH and another :ov10 convert. Just drink the Kool Aid :Devil:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I would not mind a Bronco either...but a biggy one 2m or so :)

Comment

• I'm sure as with all their twins itll be 1600mm. That's good enough

Comment

• A 1600mm Bronco should not only be a good size for those looking for a large bird but also for those that would normally shy away from large airplanes because they might have small filed they fly at.
                    I say that because a Bronco would be able to take off in a shorter distance and it can fly slower than most planes.
                    Now they would just have to make the wings easy to put on and remove.

Comment

• Yes not to mention the storage and transport space needed as well

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        They didnt have bullets flying at them or at least the possibility of finding an IED in route. Both of which did happen to me. Only a couple of those bullets also did find me. Only reason I stopped cursing that body armor. I wouldn't be here, two center mass well placed shots to the heart one to the front plate and one to the back. Now my back is fouled up for the rest of my life.
                        Know that feel. Wounded twice. Not a fun experience. Parachuting ruined my back.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          I'm ok. Just wish the freaking nightmares would stop but I know they are with me for the rest of my life. They just put me in a bad spot from time to time. I just come to the realization that if I do or do not talk about it they are still here so sometimes I just feel like letting go, and I just mean for talking about all that went on.
                          It gets better with time. I still have nightmares and am not the most fun to sleep next to, but, I have gotten better. Some of it just marks you. The key is that you have to live your life and try to be happy and as whole as you can. The many friends I have lost would want me to be as happy and functional as I can. They would be okay with me not forgetting but still moving forward. Some of that stuff I have just had to learn how to live with it. Shoot me a PM if you want to. We can talk.

Comment

• Copy that will do brother

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                              A 1600mm Bronco should not only be a good size for those looking for a large bird but also for those that would normally shy away from large airplanes because they might have small filed they fly at.
                              I say that because a Bronco would be able to take off in a shorter distance and it can fly slower than most planes.
                              Now they would just have to make the wings easy to put on and remove.
                              We could have an EDF OV-10. Wasn't there one with a supplementary turbojet? I could be wrong, but, thought I read that somewhere. Could Foil be an OV-10?

Comment

• Interesting thought, I think I read something about that myself

Comment

• Originally posted by DR. Joy View Post

We could have an EDF OV-10. Wasn't there one with a supplementary turbojet? I could be wrong, but, thought I read that somewhere. Could Foil be an OV-10?
                                  Here's one article:
                                  The Internet OV-10 Bronco Photo and Information Site!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DR. Joy View Post

And here's the picture:

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• This was originally posted in the F-14 V2 thread but thought it would be good to also post it here to get others input.

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                                        I would like to see a F-14 park flyer. Something similar to the F-8 where it can be tossed in the air, fly on a 3S, and ok if it was fixed wing. Give up a little scale, features, and performance for smaller F-14 that still looks the part in the air. The F-14 is one of my all time favorite planes, but the current Freewing F-14 isn't the best for flying off a rough grass strip, and it cost and size prohibitive.

My reply:
                                        This is an interesting proposition that I am sure would become popular if done right. But I don't think it would cut it for most as strictly a basic park flyer without landing gear.
                                        As for the power system you have to take into account that the F-14's was designed around a twin engine layout that is spread far enough apart that leaves no room for a single EDF set up.
                                        This would conclude that any F-14 model would have to be a twin EDF. So lets say a twin 64mm might do at the low end that would need two 3S batteries.
                                        The next thing that would have to be a must would be for it to have the option to have retracts or none. As for the wings I can totally see it having a basic swing wing setup that can manually be locked into place in three positions.
                                        Ideally there should be two versions a basic park flyer with no gear and manual wings and top of the line with retracts and servo actuated wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                          This was originally posted in the F-14 V2 thread but thought it would be good to also post it here to get others input.

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                                          I would like to see a F-14 park flyer. Something similar to the F-8 where it can be tossed in the air, fly on a 3S, and ok if it was fixed wing. Give up a little scale, features, and performance for smaller F-14 that still looks the part in the air. The F-14 is one of my all time favorite planes, but the current Freewing F-14 isn't the best for flying off a rough grass strip, and it cost and size prohibitive.

My reply:
                                          This is an interesting proposition that I am sure would become popular if done right. But I don't think it would cut it for most as strictly a basic park flyer without landing gear.
                                          As for the power system you have to take into account that the F-14's was designed around a twin engine layout that is spread far enough apart that leaves no room for a single EDF set up.
                                          This would conclude that any F-14 model would have to be a twin EDF. So lets say a twin 64mm might do at the low end that would need two 3S batteries.
                                          The next thing that would have to be a must would be for it to have the option to have retracts or none. As for the wings I can totally see it having a basic swing wing setup that can manually be locked into place in three positions.
                                          Ideally there should be two versions a basic park flyer with no gear and manual wings and top of the line with retracts and servo actuated wings.
                                          All ready been done:

Comment

Working...
                                          X