You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, hopefully September then :).

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      There is some kind of flying event in the EU on September 1st, perhaps something will be announced in conjunction with it.
      Joe Nall, were supposedly Foil was supposed to be announced, was moved to September because of weather. Personally, the reason I've been sighting September is because that's when retail starts to crank
      up Christmas any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
        Am I too late?
        Oh yeah!what Grady.c said:bluelove

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

Oh yeah!what Grady.c said:bluelove
          If it's going to be a MiG, this is the one I want:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

If it's going to be a MiG, this is the one I want:
            Or the Soviet Valkyrie, the T-4:

Comment

• I'll throw this in for fun.

Comment

• Yes, F-82 would be good in the 1600mm range with the P-38 power system.

Comment

• Indeed!

Comment

• An F-82 would certainly be a hit in the RC world as it is a very unique twin engine model that has never been done before in foam. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Walo View Post

Thanks for your Reply. Of course, I have no doubt that flaps alone will work in most cases. We are, however, constrained to a mere 58m of grass Strip and every landing has to be just right. Yesterday, a friend of mine misjudged the Approach and crashed his F4 just short of the runway. Apparently the later versions of the real F4s could lower the ailerons together with the flaps, so I thought this may as well work with the FW F4?

Rely by Woody:
                      Use caution when doing this. My best friend attempted this on his Freewing F-16. Didn't seem to have enough aileron authority. He flew into the fence twice trying to take off. Now listen, there could have been other things wrong too obviously. But he claims when he had the ailerons down he couldn't steer away from the parameter fence. Same basic thing, the runway at this field isn't really long enough for most EDF's. Point being, just be careful.

This is a prime example that was posted in the F-4 thread as to why certain EDF models would be perfectly suited for those that fly at fields with short runways. One of those such models that was engineered to fulfill precisely the ability to take off and land in short distances is the Saab AJS-37 Viggen. You can modify any plane with brakes but it might not be as stable when breaking at high speed. Even with brakes it would still lack the ability to take off in a short distance.
                      I have been advocating for the Viggen mainly because it would be one of those few models that would have a lot of capabilities to offer RC pilots that would actually be very useful other than just good looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                        Originally posted by Walo View Post

Thanks for your Reply. Of course, I have no doubt that flaps alone will work in most cases. We are, however, constrained to a mere 58m of grass Strip and every landing has to be just right. Yesterday, a friend of mine misjudged the Approach and crashed his F4 just short of the runway. Apparently the later versions of the real F4s could lower the ailerons together with the flaps, so I thought this may as well work with the FW F4?

Rely by Woody:
                        Use caution when doing this. My best friend attempted this on his Freewing F-16. Didn't seem to have enough aileron authority. He flew into the fence twice trying to take off. Now listen, there could have been other things wrong too obviously. But he claims when he had the ailerons down he couldn't steer away from the parameter fence. Same basic thing, the runway at this field isn't really long enough for most EDF's. Point being, just be careful.

This is a prime example that was posted in the F-4 thread as to why certain EDF models would be perfectly suited for those that fly at fields with short runways. One of those such models that was engineered to fulfill precisely the ability to take off and land in short distances is the Saab AJS-37 Viggen. You can modify any plane with brakes but it might not be as stable when breaking at high speed. Even with brakes it would still lack the ability to take off in a short distance.
                        I have been advocating for the Viggen mainly because it would be one of those few models that would have a lot of capabilities to offer RC pilots that would actually be very useful other than just good looks.

The thing is I have not seen a rc aircraft were a fully functioning canard hasn't been a hobbyist modification, as it adds to the complexities and cost of design and production..

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

The thing is I have not seen a rc aircraft were a fully functioning canard hasn't been a hobbyist modification, as it adds to the complexities and cost of design and production..
                          I am sure there would be plenty of people out there that would not mind paying more for a model that is actually capable of operating on short runways without stressing the pilot. In reference to the added complexity and cost of a functioning canard keep in mind that the Viggen is a Delta wing and its flaps are located on the canards. So the price would be the same for the same two servos mounted in a different location than main wings.
                          I have read of many people on these forums always asking how much runway does a certain model require to take off, or the most asked question of all "will it fly off grass?"
                          The Viggen was specifically designed to be able to operate from austere locations. So flying off short grass strips should not be difficult for an RC Viggen.
                          I bet if there was ever a model made of AV-8B Harrier or F-35B that was actually capable of vertical take offs it would be a hot seller not matter its complexities and cost because it offer an added useful capability that cheaper models wont have.
                          Which by the way I already foresee an RC model of Harrier and F-35B being possible in the not too distant future. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            I'll throw this in for fun.

Comment

• I really do support the F-82 not only because its unique and cool but because it is actually a great flying bird. Below is my personal experience with it.

Comment

• Definitely dig the F-82! The narrator states that it’s two P-51H, but I don’t think that’s right. I believe there’s only 4 parts that are the same with a 51, and not major parts, like a trim wheel and maybe a radiator. It was a total redesign that resembled the Mustang. That being said, I’d love to see a 1400mm F-51H!
                                The 51H fought briefly in Korea but was too susceptible to ground fire due it’s glycol cooled inline engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                  Definitely dig the F-82! The narrator states that it’s two P-51H, but I don’t think that’s right. I believe there’s only 4 parts that are the same with a 51, and not major parts, like a trim wheel and maybe a radiator. It was a total redesign that resembled the Mustang. That being said, I’d love to see a 1400mm F-51H!
                                  The 51H fought briefly in Korea but was too susceptible to ground fire due it’s glycol cooled inline engine.
                                  I believe you are correct about the Twin Mustang not really being 2 P-51's put together. I am pretty sure I read about that at the USAF museum at Wright-Pat.

I think Flightline/Freewing could really pull off a quality B-29 and after spending Saturday watching one in the air, there is almost nothing more majestic than a B-29. Make it the same size as the B-24 and probably get away with the same electronics. Give it a high gloss sliver paint without any decals installed. Optional 3D printed parts to detail up the cockpit and parts to remove the turrets to make the Silver Plate models. Removable wings like the F7F and B-24. The hardest part might be getting enough weight over the nose to counteract the long tail.

Comment

• You guys are correct, the twin mustang is not two P-51's connected and it's true that they only share four parts.

Comment

I really do support the F-82 not only because its unique and cool but because it is actually a great flying bird. Below is my personal experience with it.

I dont think you guys should really trust him considering that he is basing his evidence off of war thunder and really means to do it as a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post

I dont think you guys should really trust him considering that he is basing his evidence off of war thunder and really means to do it as a joke.
                                        War Thunder might not be the most realistic simulator out there but it comes close to giving the player a pretty good idea of how the real thing performs. War Thunder is the main reason I became interested in RC airplanes when one day I was researching more about my favorite warbird that I came to love in War Thunder, the F6F Hellcat and I discovered the Dynam Hellcat. Then I started training on the Clearview RC simulator and the Hellcat on there performed pretty darn close as in War Thunder.
                                        And now flying my Dynam Hellcat although not exactly the same, it still has the same feel of the War thunder version I have become so familiar with.
                                        I admit the F-82 isn't magnificent but it is still an interesting and enjoyable plane to fly.
                                        By the way War Thunder has three modes Arcade, Realistic and Simulated. You should give it a try. Its free to download for PC, PS4 and Xbox. I play it on PC because I play other more advanced simulators like DCS World. But if your going to try on PC make sure you meet the minimum system requirements. Its a lot of fun and perfect days with bad weather.
                                        One other benefit of War thunder is that it will increase your knowledge base of a whole bunch of warbirds complete with names, model variants and loadouts.

Comment

War Thunder might not be the most realistic simulator out there but it comes close to giving the player a pretty good idea of how the real thing performs. War Thunder is the main reason I became interested in RC airplanes when one day I was researching more about my favorite warbird that I came to love in War Thunder, the F6F Hellcat and I discovered the Dynam Hellcat. Then I started training on the Clearview RC simulator and the Hellcat on there performed pretty darn close as in War Thunder.
                                          And now flying my Dynam Hellcat although not exactly the same, it still has the same feel of the War thunder version I have become so familiar with.
                                          I admit the F-82 isn't magnificent but it is still an interesting and enjoyable plane to fly.
                                          By the way War Thunder has three modes Arcade, Realistic and Simulated. You should give it a try. Its free to download for PC, PS4 and Xbox. I play it on PC because I play other more advanced simulators like DCS World. But if your going to try on PC make sure you meet the minimum system requirements. Its a lot of fun and perfect days with bad weather.
                                          One other benefit of War thunder is that it will increase your knowledge base of a whole bunch of warbirds complete with names, model variants and loadouts.
                                          (I know I play it too! The F-86-F2 is pretty fun!)

Comment

Working...
                                          X