You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

I'll 2nd this one. That would be awesome!
    I'd prefer the 64 or 70 mm size, but that's just due to field conditions.

Comment

• Yes, please make an OV-10 SOON so I can get what I really want. I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE! I WANT SILVERPLATE!

Comment

• Will there be any new planes before the end of the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
          Will there be any new planes before the end of the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
            A twin 50mm is way too small for a Viking model to be successful and appeal to a wide customer base. Its at the extreme end of small in the EDF chart of 50-120mm. Just with everything it would have to have meet at the middle to have the right balance.
            I would say twin 70mm would be the ideal size to appeal the most to everyone.
            Agreed!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
              Will there be any new planes before the end of the year?
              I think it will be more like... "How many new planes will there be before the end of the year?" :)
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I would like to know what prompts FW to decide one a particular aircraft. Just a thought.

EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I think it will be more like... "How many new planes will there be before the end of the year?" :)
                  That would be a good thing TI. A ramp up of the Flightline and Freewing offerings to gap fill the other brands that seem to be fading away from the Motion site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

That would be a good thing TI. A ramp up of the Flightline and Freewing offerings to gap fill the other brands that seem to be fading away from the Motion site.
                    LOL..Fading away is a soft touch comment on the OOS (out of stock) situation for the FMS and Dynam product on the MRC site.

I made the below observation just the other day to another forum member when proclaiming your exact same sentiments TJ about FL/FW bringing it on as the MRC brand and replacing those iconic FMS birds and others that are no more.

This is just airframes and not piece parts
                    FMS > Tot = 27 OOS = 23..............85% :Scared:
                    I have seen writings on the FMS website that has basically proclaimed that they want a F2C (factory to customer) business model.
                    Dynam > Tot = 89 OOS = 64...........72% :P
                    We know that MRC got shafted by Dynam over the P-61 incident and maybe this is the parting of ways.

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

LOL..Fading away is a soft touch comment on the OOS (out of stock) situation for the FMS and Dynam product on the MRC site.

I was trying to be nice:). I'm sure that the business dynamics with the Horizon/Tower/FMS merger, Dynam, HK and others, not to mention tarifs, FAA pressure with possible changes and more, is really keeping MRC management hopping. It's hard enough trying to anticipate what the future of the hobby looks like when the crystal ball is kind of muddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                        You can't trust those things...

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I made the below observation just the other day to another forum member when proclaiming your exact same sentiments TJ about FL/FW bringing it on as the MRC brand and replacing those iconic FMS birds and others that are no more.

This is just airframes and not piece parts
                          FMS > Tot = 27 OOS = 23..............85% :Scared:
                          I have seen writings on the FMS website that has basically proclaimed that they want a F2C (factory to customer) business model.
                          Dynam > Tot = 89 OOS = 64...........72% :P
                          We know that MRC got shafted by Dynam over the P-61 incident and maybe this is the parting of ways.

I have ZERO care about Dynam products and as far as I am concerned, Dynam just clogs up MRC's site with junk. I would love to see that name disappear from Motion entirely! But, if it is a money maker for them, then I understand keeping it to have the funds to invest in more FW/FL products!

As for FMS, I can't quite figure those guys out. I love most of their products and have 4 or 5 of their jets as well as a couple prop planes. But, some items are available at HH, some at MRC, some on Tower, but nobody has all of them. And sometimes they have just one color scheme of two. Take the super scorpion for example. Most that I talked to were turned off by the Fisher Price style scheme of the orange one but very few know about the red scheme because you can only get it direct from FMS. I don't mind dealing direct with FMS if I have to (like to get the red SS) but if they want to have a F2C style business, they have a LONG way to go in marketing, social media, and customer service! The other problem with them is quite often their products are priced higher on their own site than they are on HH or MRC. Whole deal just seems odd to someone like me with no insider knowledge! :Thinking:

Comment

• The airplane manufacturers may be holding back on investing in mold tooling until they see what the FAA is going to do to us. they are probably going to require our airplanes to have transponders in them due to idiots with quads trying to fly into airliners.
                            if they do our planes will have to be large enough to carry the transponders and power supplies for them.
                            of course this will do nothing to hamper the idiots with quads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                              they are probably going to require our airplanes to have transponders in them due to idiots with quads trying to fly into airliners.
                              And when that day comes, if it does come I guess I will be considered a vigilante/non-conformist because I refuse to be forced to bend to their stupid ideas & bureaucratic garbage. I will gladly take my chances of getting caught if that is indeed how they want to play this game. I have NEVER been reckless in my flying nor will I ever. Because of that, I refuse to be reigned in by the Government because of some stupid people doing stupid stuff. Again, if they want to control it, they need to pursue the ones who are causing the issues and that is NOT us R/C flyers. They need to figure out a plan to restrict who can buy drones and the ones who do, force these rules & laws on them. Make them attend training classes, have to have licenses, or install transponders or whatever they come up with and leave us the h_ll alone!

I do however, seriously doubt it will go to the extent of requiring transponders in our planes.

EAA# 1366802
                              AMA# 631508

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                The airplane manufacturers may be holding back on investing in mold tooling until they see what the FAA is going to do to us. they are probably going to require our airplanes to have transponders in them due to idiots with quads trying to fly into airliners.
                                if they do our planes will have to be large enough to carry the transponders and power supplies for them.
                                of course this will do nothing to hamper the idiots with quads.
                                I don't think so since E-flite release a 70mm F-16 in Thunderbirds livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

And when that day comes, if it does come I guess I will be considered a vigilante/non-conformist because I refuse to be forced to bend to their stupid ideas & bureaucratic garbage. I will gladly take my chances of getting caught if that is indeed how they want to play this game. I have NEVER been reckless in my flying nor will I ever. Because of that, I refuse to be reigned in by the Government because of some stupid people doing stupid stuff. Again, if they want to control it, they need to pursue the ones who are causing the issues and that is NOT us R/C flyers. They need to figure out a plan to restrict who can buy drones and the ones who do, force these rules & laws on them. Make them attend training classes, have to have licenses, or install transponders or whatever they come up with and leave us the h_ll alone!

I do however, seriously doubt it will go to the extent of requiring transponders in our planes.
                                  It's not fixed and rotary wing that needs the transponders, it's the quads!! They are the ones that should have a transponder and a hard-wired 400' ceiling for the non FPV ones. And the FPV ones should have a transponder AND REQUIRE a FAA issued licence to purchase and operate them since I'd guess that 90% of the incidents fall into this category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                    AND REQUIRE a FAA issued licence to purchase and operate them since I'd guess that 90% of the incidents fall into this category.
                                    I agree completely.

EAA# 1366802
                                    AMA# 631508

Comment

• No sure I do? I think size, weight, range etc. should play into it. I have drones, I don't fly them irresponsibly, many do however. The FPV racer guys hardly qualify as being a problem I think. They're a lot of things to consider. But basically anything that can be modified into some sort of a home brew cruise missile should be looked at. I don't like it, seriously, but this is the new world we find ourselves living in.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                        No sure I do? I think size, weight, range etc. should play into it. I have drones, I don't fly them irresponsibly, many do however. The FPV racer guys hardly qualify as being a problem I think. They're a lot of things to consider. But basically anything that can be modified into some sort of a home brew cruise missile should be looked at. I don't like it, seriously, but this is the new world we find ourselves living in.

Woody
                                        The reason I cited FPV quads it due to the altitudes involved in these incidents. The people are either FPV or have DAMN GOOD eyesight. And yes, any of our aircraft could become a "cruise missile". I remember reading about a wannabe Jihadi who bought and built several large EDFs, and planned to load them with explosives and fly them into the Senate Office Building. After doing this, his "ground team" would be waiting in the street and start sniping people coming out of the building. Fortunately, the people he contacted for the "ground crew" was a FBI sting team.

Comment

• What about F9F Cougar?

Comment

Working...
                                          X