You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Wow, now that's one I hadn't considered before.
    Just head down that Road Less Traveled. I'd consider that one for sure.

Comment

Wow, now that's one I hadn't considered before.
      Do you mean the Manta or Bird of Prey?

Comment

• I love ALL airplanes and you all have pointed out some pretty awesome birds but I would also love to see a 80 or 90mm T-33 and a 80 or 90mm F9F Panther. I don't see where FRC or FW could go wrong on either of those. In fact, I am kinda surprised that one or both of these have not already been produced by FRC or FW in the 80 or 90 sizes.

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Big yes on the T 33 and Panther, an 80mm F 102a would get my $$ too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
            I love ALL airplanes and you all have pointed out some pretty awesome birds but I would also love to see a 80 or 90mm T-33 and a 80 or 90mm F9F Panther. I don't see where FRC or FW could go wrong on either of those. In fact, I am kinda surprised that one or both of these have not already been produced by FRC or FW in the 80 or 90 sizes.
            Perhaps because RC Lander has 70 mm Panther, Cougar, and had a 102 mm T-33/P-80. But I'm happy with my 50 mm ones.

Comment

• OV10 Bronco

Comment

• S-3 Viking! :)

Comment

• As far as twins go, a Viking would be neat. It would probably be a spirited flyer based on its layout.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

As far as twins go, a Viking would be neat. It would probably be a spirited flyer based on its layout.
                    So let's get it in motion! I know it would be a great flying airplane! Twin 70's or 80's

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                      I love ALL airplanes and you all have pointed out some pretty awesome birds but I would also love to see a 80 or 90mm T-33 and a 80 or 90mm F9F Panther. I don't see where FRC or FW could go wrong on either of those. In fact, I am kinda surprised that one or both of these have not already been produced by FRC or FW in the 80 or 90 sizes.
                      It's a fair observation. Believe me, if I could make (as in, "the Market would support") ten 90mms in a year and finally knock out 80% of all our "Unicorn" lists in three years, I would. However, ultimately we're all on the same boat of Time. Any factory can only produce so many new models in a given calendar year, and when one considers that there are about 15 Categories in foam electric alone, it's impossible (and impractical) to release a new model in each category in each year. What ends up happening is that 90mms arrive at a certain interval, twin 80mms at a certain interval, single 80mms at a certain interval, etc. There are several exceptions to this pacing but on the whole, we're as consistent as customer purchasing trends tend to be. Even if we've sort of become the most prolific EDF producers in the industry right now, especially in the larger sizes, we've released five new Super Scale 90mms in the past five years... at that rate, we'll be around for a long time and unfortunately some of us will be waiting a long time for our "Unicorn". The hope is that we all agree there is something else that's New that's worth flying in the meantime. We're going through the Cold War era and some Modern era, and sort of alternating between them. The 80mm class opens up more space for experimentation, and of course in recent times our 80mms have been bigger/better, approaching the 90mm Super Scales in certain aspects.

Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

So let's get it in motion! I know it would be great flying airplane! Twin 70's or 80's
                      I had the old Wattage 2x70mm Viking. It flew like the 70mm Yak-130 with its short butt. Acrobatic if powered well, and overall a docile flyer. The Wattage offering was a bit dated in certain respects, but it's the only one I've seen available in that size and format. Have you flown one of them, PhantomNut?
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It's a fair observation. Believe me, if I could make (as in, "the Market would support") ten 90mms in a year and finally knock out 80% of all our "Unicorn" lists in three years, I would. However, ultimately we're all on the same boat of Time. Any factory can only produce so many new models in a given calendar year, and when one considers that there are about 15 Categories in foam electric alone, it's impossible (and impractical) to release a new model in each category in each year. What ends up happening is that 90mms arrive at a certain interval, twin 80mms at a certain interval, single 80mms at a certain interval, etc. There are several exceptions to this pacing but on the whole, we're as consistent as customer purchasing trends tend to be. Even if we've sort of become the most prolific EDF producers in the industry right now, especially in the larger sizes, we've released five new Super Scale 90mms in the past five years... at that rate, we'll be around for a long time and unfortunately some of us will be waiting a long time for our "Unicorn". The hope is that we all agree there is something else that's New that's worth flying in the meantime. We're going through the Cold War era and some Modern era, and sort of alternating between them. The 80mm class opens up more space for experimentation, and of course in recent times our 80mms have been bigger/better, approaching the 90mm Super Scales in certain aspects.
                        Thank you for the explanation. The Viking was my first suggestion and I would still love to see that one as a twin 80. You guys do AWESOME work and I really appreciate the hard work you guys do.

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Now that I got my F22 I have been asking for, I guess the next wish list item for me from FW would be a 6s 70mm sport jet! I THINK, I got Alpha to slip up a little during a RC Afterhours podcast and admit there was one in the works! Fingers crossed!!

Comment

• OMG, Alpha said more twin 80s are coming at "a certain interval!?!?!" That must mean there is a another twin EDF coming the size of the A-10!!! Ya hooooooo! I hope that interval is just about two years.

Comment

• Since many of you have been begging for a F-100 Super Saber I though at least some might get a kick that it will be coming to War Thunder soon in its next update. It will be the games first Supersonic fighter. It might not fly identically to the real thing but at least you can get a good enough sense of how they would fly. Plus just having the feeling of cursing along in a loaded up F-100 with a full load of munitions would be very satisfactory for the time being.

More info about it can be found here: https://warthunder.com/en/news/5929-...the-new-era-en

Click image for larger version

Name:	news_f_100d.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	165853

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                Since many of you have been begging for a F-100 Super Saber I though at least some might get a kick that it will be coming to War Thunder soon in its next update. It will be the games first Supersonic fighter. It might not fly identically to the real thing but at least you can get a good enough sense of how they would fly. Plus just having the feeling of cursing along in a loaded up F-100 with a full load of munitions would be very satisfactory for the time being.

More info about it can be found here: https://warthunder.com/en/news/5929-...the-new-era-en

Click image for larger version

Name:	news_f_100d.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	165853
                                I saw that that is going to be cool! They also have infrared missiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post

I saw that that is going to be cool! They also have infrared missiles.
                                  I just saw a great review of how the new missiles are working out and how the new F-100, Mig-19PT and Javilin perform so far in the dev server. It was interesting to find out what the F-100's flight envelop is like. It seems to bleed a lot of energy on turns and its a bit twitchy. Keep in mind this is all still in development and this could be further improved by the time it releases. You can find the F-100 review in this video at 7:30min.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I just saw a great review of how the new missiles are working out and how the new F-100, Mig-19PT and Javilin perform so far in the dev server. It was interesting to find out what the F-100's flight envelop is like. It seems to bleed a lot of energy on turns and its a bit twitchy. Keep in mind this is all still in development and this could be further improved by the time it releases. You can find the F-100 review in this video at 7:30min.

I might have to sell my soul to Gaijin. https://store.gaijin.net/story.php?t...der_Sabre-Pack

Comment

• Twin 90mm F-18 super hornet in the same scale as the A-10

Comment

• Hello from Germany, I just registered myself to participate in this thread.

Freewing did an amazing job with Sebart and its Avanti S, I was lucky enough to get one of the first pre-order models after its release and have over 300 flights on this amazing edf jet.
                                        I am a big fan of sport jets in general and would love to see further cooperation of Freewing with the big players in this section, like with BVM and its Bandit, CARF and its Flash or Tomahawk and its Futura, just to name a few.
                                        Unfortunately I cannot afford to enter in this premium class of jets made of full composite and turbine powered, remain hoping for Freewing though to provide us more of high quality foam EDF Sports Jets.
                                        Maybe even in a new size class with 110mm or 120mm EDF ;)

BTW: Count me in for my all-time favorite scale jet - the F100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faxe85 View Post
                                          Hello from Germany, I just registered myself to participate in this thread.

Freewing did an amazing job with Sebart and its Avanti S, I was lucky enough to get one of the first pre-order models after its release and have over 300 flights on this amazing edf jet.
                                          I am a big fan of sport jets in general and would love to see further cooperation of Freewing with the big players in this section, like with BVM and its Bandit, CARF and its Flash or Tomahawk and its Futura, just to name a few.
                                          Unfortunately I cannot afford to enter in this premium class of jets made of full composite and turbine powered, remain hoping for Freewing though to provide us more of high quality foam EDF Sports Jets.
                                          Maybe even in a new size class with 110mm or 120mm EDF ;)

BTW: Count me in for my all-time favorite scale jet - the F100.
                                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk and Merry Christmas!!!! Glad you are on board and I agree with the F-100!!! Any time!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X