You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockheed XV-4A Hummingbird

This one would also be very interesting (of course without the vertical lift aspect):
    Attached Files

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• How about a MiG-17 in 80 or 90mm?

Comment

• Ok Alpha I just figured out our dilemma,
        we want a passenger liner and military

We need a 2000mm DC3/C47
        but for a twist do a Vietnam Puff Dragon and a Buffalo air Cargo version!

Then you can use the fuselage to release a DC 4 variant!

your welcome:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
          Ok Alpha I just figured out our dilemma,

We need a 2000mm DC3/C47

I was looking into the DC3 variants and discovered there was an AC-47 gunship!
          I found this great picture of all there versions flying in formation.
          I was going to mention that there already was the Dynam DC3 but upon a closer look that thing has fixed gear and it kinda looks like a toy.
          So I do think there is a business case for a new FL DC3 that is more scale looking. Plus would be ideal for grass strips also. :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fedab354775156f68e70568a035f70e4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	166349

Comment

• Much agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I was looking into the DC3 variants and discovered there was an AC-47 gunship!
              I found this great picture of all there versions flying in formation.
              I was going to mention that there already was the Dynam DC3 but upon a closer look that thing has fixed gear and it kinda looks like a toy.
              So I do think there is a business case for a new FL DC3 that is more scale looking. Plus would be ideal for grass strips also. :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fedab354775156f68e70568a035f70e4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	166349
              A couple of AC 47 were

Spooky
              Puff the Magic Dragon

There were a few, but those were the better known ones.
              These were among the few weapon systems that really put fear into the N Vietnamese. In a very short time they could unload the full cargo capacity of ammo over an area, pretty much killing everything in the area.

I believe the center of the 3 AC-47s in the picture is painted as Spooky. (if not the original Spooky restored)

I forget which AC 47 was featured in the movie "The Green Beret"

The reason the Dynam DC-3/C-47 uses fixed gear is scale. You'd need to go to a larger model to put in retracts.
              Better detailing of the fuselage and better cowls could make the Dynam models look realistic. The lack of deep grooved panel lines I see as a bonus. You can scribe in panel lines (lightly score the foam surface) then apply weathering for a much more realistic effect than the deep molded (very non-scale) in gouging that has become typical.

I'll try to find or make a 3D print for the cowls. I have the airplane.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I looked at the Dynam,
                but without retracts and the sketchy details I will stay away.

Honestly in my opinion there is a heck of a lot more interest in a C47 than a F7F tigercat and the F7F looks like its been a hit.

Yeah Puff and Spooky were the proof of concept for the AC-130 concept.

Comment

• If they make it needs to be 1800+ so its big enough to house a sound system and light controls.

Put strobbing lights in the miniguns and a sound system blaring out the tunes,would look great in a low across the field show pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                    Ok Alpha I just figured out our dilemma,

We need a 2000mm DC3/C47

Yep, I'd be all in for a C47 for sure!!

Comment

• I don't think space was the issue to put in gear because the original gear's wheels stuck out about half way anyways. I think Dynam used fixed gear mostly for simplicity and cost savings. Since the DC3's gear is a 3 piece set up they would had to have been made of aluminum to provide the needed strength but would had added a significant cost to the model.

Comment

• If Free Wing would come out with a C-47/DC 3 with a 1600 mm span I'm sure they would make it look great and fly right and I probably would have to buy one.
                        HobbyKing had one several years ago that looked pretty good but would tip stall in a heartbeat.
                        I think some washout on the wingtips would have helped it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                          If Free Wing would come out with a C-47/DC 3 with a 1600 mm span I'm sure they would make it look great and fly right and I probably would have to buy one.
                          HobbyKing had one several years ago that looked pretty good but would tip stall in a heartbeat.
                          I think some washout on the wingtips would have helped it.
                          Or could it have been the fact that you were trying to fly a cargo plane like a fighter? This happens with most bombers sometimes as well, except for the Mosquito.

Comment

• A couple of turns on the aileron clevises to push the ailerons up almost imperceptibly can go a LONG way toward preventing tip-stall.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• A400 Atlas would be fun!

Comment

• Here's a DC-3 for ya. For those that have to have it now! https://www.hsdgo.com/hsdjets-1600mm-d-c47-a-khaki-pnp

Better hurry only one left. : )

Woody

Comment

• I'd also go for a 90mm F-102 Delta Dagger. This would make a really cool EDF.

EAA# 1366802
                                  AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                                    I'd also go for a 90mm F-102 Delta Dagger. This would make a really cool EDF.
                                    The Dagger would be cool for sure, but the Dart would be AWESOME!

Comment

• I would love to see:

Avro Vulcan

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post
                                        I would love to see:

Avro Vulcan
                                        An Avro Vulcan would be cool but it could get pricey to do one right. By that I mean 4x 70mm EDF's with 4x ESC's. I can't imagine just using just a twin setup because then the scale would have to be bigger.
                                        It would definitely take a lot of R&D to find the right configuration to meet a good price and performance balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

An Avro Vulcan would be cool but it could get pricey to do one right. By that I mean 4x 70mm EDF's with 4x ESC's. I can't imagine just using just a twin setup because then the scale would have to be bigger.
                                          It would definitely take a lot of R&D to find the right configuration to meet a good price and performance balance.

But why does it have to be 4 EDFs other than for "authenticity". Why not two 70 mm EDFs feeding a split manifold the way they are with the 64 mm F/A 18, F-15, and F-22?

Comment

Working...
                                          X