You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
    How about one of those colored bar graphs like a “polled vote”. Anytime somebody brings up another plane they just add it to the bottom. As the numbers increase for that model, it moves upward.
    I like that idea a lot, problem is it won't have any teeth so to speak, but it would be a good trend for sure!

In one of my sociology classes long, long, ago in a galaxy far away, These classes always review Kennedy's decision to invade Cuba as a classic group think example. Virtually all of Kennedy's internal working circle of advisers thought the failed, "Bay of Pigs" invasion was a good idea. Almost everyone outside of this circle thought it was questionable or a bad idea. He didn't ask for any outside counsel. So it is what it was.

So I think if Motion had say 6 internal advisers on the selection committee, and 6 external trusted members. Form different back grounds, different out of the box individuals. So to select a new model for research and productions would require a minimum positive vote of say 8 or 10, other wise it would be a non starter. I think this would be a great way of doing it. Additional the same members cannot be involved in the next selection. They would never do this as their highly valued internal folks would feel violated. : )

But I love the Idea of a trend tracker as you stated. At least we could look at it and could wonder where this one came from.

Best Regards
    Woody

Comment

• The only problem with that is individuals can vote multiple times everyday to move their favorite plane up and that wouldn't be seen in sales if they build it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
        Motion should survey past customers, maybe two or more planes bought from them.
        Maybe a checklist of possible future planes or we could submit a list from 1 to 5 of planes we want to buy for our squadrons. I think that would give them a reliable indication of planes that would actually sell well.
        So, in light of another thread discussing the S-3. How many of you guys would like to see Freewing give us a S-3 Viking? Let's give them some data.

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• I would like this a lot. +1 I would like this one. Probably not a good thing. : ) But you could count me in for sure.

Woody

Comment

• Count me in! It would be awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
              Yes, but unlike most who want it in an 80 or 90 mm I'd prefer a 50 or 64 mm. Remember, the plane isn't intended to be fast, it's intended to have a long loiter time.

Comment

• A big 80mm twin in super scale like the A-10 would make an awesome Viking!!! This is also a very good flying plane, and would be an easy EDF entry plane for many folks. Here is what would be out of the park: optional 3D printed canister and buoy drop system! Print and install the parts, add a micro servo, and watch the little boogers drop on chutes!

Comment

• I really do think there could be a business case for an S-3 Viking model for several reasons but mostly because it is so unique compared the usual fighter jet EDF's out there. It would really be interesting to see how the flight characteristics of an RC model would turn out. I would think it would be easy to fly with a low stall speed. And because it could be flown at a lower speeds it could have longer flight times even if its a 80mm. However I would really like an S-3 model to really live up to its all weather capability so it would have to be a decent size without having to heavily rely on a gyro.
                  It would also be cool if the wings could be folded for easier transport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S-3-blackangel RE.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	171003
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                    I really do think there could be a business case for an S-3 Viking model for several reasons but mostly because it is so unique compared the usual fighter jet EDF's out there. It would really be interesting to see how the flight characteristics of an RC model would turn out. I would think it would be easy to fly with a low stall speed. And because it could be flown at a lower speeds it could have longer flight times even if its a 80mm. However I would really like an S-3 model to really live up to its all weather capability so it would have to be a decent size without having to heavily rely on a gyro.
                    It would also be cool if the wings could be folded for easier transport.
                    I agree totally and that's all not to mention the really cool looks of this bird. To please some and also a trial run, they could produce a 70mm twin first. If that one was popular then offer it in a 90mm twin similar to what FW is doing with the F-4 (6S to now a 8S). I honestly think it would be a huge seller plus there really is not much to choose from on the market when it come to the S-3.

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

Comment

I agree totally and that's all not to mention the really cool looks of this bird. To please some and also a trial run, they could produce a 70mm twin first. If that one was popular then offer it in a 90mm twin similar to what FW is doing with the F-4 (6S to now a 8S). I honestly think it would be a huge seller plus there really is not much to choose from on the market when it come to the S-3.
                      I totally agree that a twin 70mm would be the ideal size to appeal to most everyone for a first model run. And like you said it would be a Freewing exclusive because no one else has a foam electric EDF Viking in production.

Comment

• I would absolutely be onboard with a Lockheed S-3 (another NAVY bird;))
                        Seeing that Motion has already achieved licensing capabilities with Lockheed on the latest F-22 release it should be an achievable event for the Viking.
                        Now a geewhiz fact about the Viking is it used the same GE TF-34 Turbofan as the A-10, but for those thinking that the 80mm's from the 1700 A-10 could be used.........not gonna happen cause Freewing would have to make the span of the Viking @ 2100mm.
                        The proposed 70mm EDF's would be right in line of a model at the 1700mm class wingspan:Cool:
                        So get busy on this Alpha after you finish the )
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          I would absolutely be onboard with a Lockheed S-3 (another NAVY bird;))
                          Seeing that Motion has already achieved licensing capabilities with Lockheed on the latest F-22 release it should be an achievable event for the Viking.
                          Now a geewhiz fact about the Viking is it used the same GE TF-34 Turbofan as the A-10, but for those thinking that the 80mm's from the 1700 A-10 could be used.........not gonna happen cause Freewing would have to make the span of the Viking @ 2100mm.
                          The proposed 70mm EDF's would be right in line of a model at the 1700mm class wingspan:Cool:
                          So get busy on this Alpha after you finish the )
                          Hahaha, I am ready to go ahead and pre-order one today, LOL.

EAA# 1366802
                          AMA# 631508

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Skippykix (retired Master Chief) would be all over this too since he served on Vikings and Orions;)
                            Been almost a month since you were last on, where ya been hiding Skip? Hope things are well :Thinking:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• How about the Avro Vulcan! It would have to be big, twin 90mm or 80mm. It would fly amazingly as a model!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                                How about the Avro Vulcan! It would have to be big, twin 90mm or 80mm. It would fly amazingly as a model!
                                It could even be done in a twin 70mm format and still be pretty good sized. It would be a floater with that much wing......

Comment

Hahaha, I am ready to go ahead and pre-order one today, LOL.
                                  Hey Forrestal Man.........while over on another thread pointing a couple other Navy vets to the Military Branch Survey it came to my attention that you haven't yet made your mark.;)
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• This as a twin 80mm or 90mm would be BAD TO THE BONE!!!
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	rockwell-b-1-lancer-aircraft-1920x1200-wallpaper224146.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	171230
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hey Forrestal Man.........while over on another thread pointing a couple other Navy vets to the Military Branch Survey it came to my attention that you haven't yet made your mark.;)
                                      Thanks Charlie. However, it is not for me. I served my community for many years as a Texas Police Officer. The "CVA-59" is all about my Dad who served aboard the USS Forrestal as a pilot rescue-man in the Crash Crew (1964/64). Dad died April 1st of 2017 so I now use these names and such, it's these reminders that help keep his memory close to me. Dad was not just my Dad, he was my friend, classic car running buddy and someone I always knew I could count on. I miss him beyond imagination. Thanks for the link though, it is much appreciated.

I would be honored if I could add Dad to the list.

EAA# 1366802
                                      AMA# 631508

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

It could even be done in a twin 70mm format and still be pretty good sized. It would be a floater with that much wing......
                                        It'd probably handle a lot like this plane:
                                        Using a combination of SAFE™ technology and unique aerodynamics, the HobbyZone® Delta Ray™ trainer provides a gentle, worry-free flying experience that is perfect for beginners.

Comment

Given the high wing and tricycle LG it would make an ideal EDF trainer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X