You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Happy to respectfully agree to disagree. As for airframe size, they are pretty close with identical wingspan and the FMS being 55mm longer, definitely not what I would consider to be a "significantly smaller airframe." Perhaps we did just get a bad one, who knows. But, ironically enough, we have removed the gear and are going to try to hand toss it next trip.

As for the 90mm, I love sport jets and have wanted to try the HSD 90mm Viper for quite some time but haven't grabbed one yet. Every time I seem to be ready to get one, something like the F22 comes out and I jump on it instead. Hopefully sometime this spring though!
    Just for the record mate, I haven't flown my 90mm Viper Pro. I can't comment on this one. Still in the box, LOL. I have opened the box and looked at it though. Beautiful attention to detail, fit & finish.

Best Regards
    Woody

PS, might be an ESC glitch. When I throttle mine up it's like the frekin fury trying to go. If yours isn't like this, you have a problem of some kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Just for the record mate, I haven't flown my 90mm Viper Pro. I can't comment on this one. Still in the box, LOL. I have opened the box and looked at it though. Beautiful attention to detail, fit & finish.

Best Regards
      Woody

PS, might be an ESC glitch. When I throttle mine up it's like the frekin fury trying to go. If yours isn't like this, you have a problem of some kind.
      Good to hear. Maybe we'll swap an ESC out with a spare just to see or do another throttle learn on it. When we did fly it, it couldn't come close to keeping up with my 70mm Super Scorpion (6s) which flies about 105mph.

Comment

Well let's just agree to respectfully disagree : ). But in the spirit of our polite disagreement, I'll say this, when I'm in the air the same times as some of the the E-flight ones at my Club. I always jump on them like a dog on a bone! Fixed gear and all. You must have got a crappy one, as I'm on my second and it's one of my very favorite aircraft. The HSD 75mm is a significantly smaller air frame, with a significantly bigger drive train. It's doesn't have retracts, or that pretty canopy, but it's fit and finish is second to none. You won't find any unpainted bare foam on my HSD. If ya can't stand the fixed gear, heck take them off and hand launch, (Alpha actually taught me that LOL). I've never minded the fixed gear one bit! This was my first EDF after getting back into the hobby, and Pete himself help me learn how to set it up and fly it : ). It's not good, it's spectacular & I love it. I think the landing gear is great, point me at that grass field! Meet me and I'll make a believer out of you too James!

So in the interest of our respectful disagreement, you stated your case, here's mine. But I stand by this plane 150%.

Best Regards
        Woody

PS, I'd like to see a Freewing C-130! So I wont have to consider purchasing a HK one. An S-3 Viking would be awesome. Anything but another single engine war bird. I love war birds, (grew up with them). Just tired of seeing the same thing over, and over, and over, etc.
        By warbird, do you mean jet or prop? And would you make an exception for this one:
        This page details the development and operational history of the Kyushu J7W Shinden (Magnificent Lightning) Single-Seat, Single-Engine Interceptor Prototype Aircraft including technical specifications and pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

By warbird, do you mean jet or prop? And would you make an exception for this one:
          I personally wouldn't want one of those. But if they make that make sure and stock up on rear props. It wouldn't bother me if they made a Hellcat. I'd probably get one, or a P-40. But if I see a new reinvented P-51. Lets just say I'm pretty methodical about my plane purchases. Next up A-4, or F-4. then after one or the other. Then maybe a F-22, if we don't see a Super FA-18. If and when the HK C-130 breaks, I'll probably buy 2 of those. I would prefer a Flightline C-130. I think it's silly for them not to do it. But they're in charge of what they make and sell. I would also like to see a 90mm F-100, EA-6B, A-7. Would love to see a Lockheed Super Connie,(yea I know it's an airliner) as well as many more airliners. I've just learn to look else where when it comes to these sorts of things. But I'm pretty sure when the new 90mm EDF hits in the future it will be a new and improved super scale F-35, and not a F-100.

Best Regards
          Woody

Comment

• 12s 105mm F-100 :):Cool:

Comment

I personally wouldn't want one of those. But if they make that make sure and stock up on rear props. It wouldn't bother me if they made a Hellcat. I'd probably get one, or a P-40. But if I see a new reinvented P-51. Lets just say I'm pretty methodical about my plane purchases. Next up A-4, or F-4. then after one or the other. Then maybe a F-22, if we don't see a Super FA-18. If and when the HK C-130 breaks, I'll probably buy 2 of those. I would prefer a Flightline C-130. I think it's silly for them not to do it. But they're in charge of what they make and sell. I would also like to see a 90mm F-100, EA-6B, A-7. Would love to see a Lockheed Super Connie,(yea I know it's an airliner) as well as many more airliners. I've just learn to look else where when it comes to these sorts of things. But I'm pretty sure when the new 90mm EDF hits in the future it will be a new and improved super scale F-35, and not a F-100.

Best Regards
              Woody
              I thought you said you weren't buying the C130 since HK can't stick to when it will be released??

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I thought you said you weren't buying the C130 since HK can't stick to when it will be released??
                Yup, I said that. Yes I did.

Woody

Comment

Best Regards
                  Woody
                  And not even a whisper from ya of 1600 :ov10 :( Cmon Woody :Smug:LOL
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Heck, I totally forgot one, LOL Yea we need an OV-10. Ya know Charley I seriously would buy one of these.

Best Regards
                    Woody

Comment

Best Regards
                      Woody
                      Connie wasn't just an airliner, she was also Air Force One and part of early NORAD:

Comment

• Your preaching to the quire here Valk. I know it's a spectacular example of an aircraft. I think it down right disrespectful it hasn't been done already. It's disrespectful a nice PNP B-737 hasn't been done ether. It follows in the foot steps of that Connie : ). So we may see a B-29 some day, but I don't think we will see a PNP Connie or 737 anytime soon. When we do it wont be Freewing or Flightline as the Zar's on the model selection committee will never let it pass. Because they are both Airliners. : )

Let get that OV-10, I'm ready for that one!

Best Regards
                        Woody

Comment

Best Regards
                          Woody
                          I think there is a pretty good chance of there being an F-100 than a F-35 in the future because the F-100 has been one of the top requested jets on this board for sometime. The F-35 on the other hand has not have had much interest with the exception of an F-35B complete with a working STOVL system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	news_f_100d_com_d1b7ae269afc60150484293236128ca3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	172874

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I think there is a pretty good chance of there being an F-100 than a F-35 in the future because the F-100 has been one of the top requested jets on this board for sometime. The F-35 on the other hand has not have had much interest with the exception of an F-35B complete with a working STOVL system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	news_f_100d_com_d1b7ae269afc60150484293236128ca3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	172874
                            Count me in... Click image for larger version

Name:	79627C6E-5431-4740-B702-D6049D72B556.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	172878

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Count me in... Click image for larger version

Name:	79627C6E-5431-4740-B702-D6049D72B556.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	172878
                              I wouldn't mind a 70 or 64 mm F-100. And while I'm not trying to mock it, the way the intake is it reminds me of a fish, like a Japanese Koi.

Comment

• Ya know, I'm not that interested in an F-35, primarily because it still hasn't proven itself to be a good design. The F-100 has a history, while the F-35 is still just trying to prove it's not a Government Boondoggle.

So far, it's not as good a fighter as the F-22, and not as good a ground-support aircraft as the 40+ year old A-10. The proponents of the F-35 claimed it was needed because of the costs of maintaining the aging A-10 fleet, but it strikes me as similar to claiming I need to buy a new Lamborghini because it's getting too expensive to maintain my 19 year old Toyota Tacoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                  Ya know, I'm not that interested in an F-35, primarily because it still hasn't proven itself to be a good design. The F-100 has a history, while the F-35 is still just trying to prove it's not a Government Boondoggle.

So far, it's not as good a fighter as the F-22, and not as good a ground-support aircraft as the 40+ year old A-10. The proponents of the F-35 claimed it was needed because of the costs of maintaining the aging A-10 fleet, but it strikes me as similar to claiming I need to buy a new Lamborghini because it's getting too expensive to maintain my 19 year old Toyota Tacoma.
                                  I look at it this way: you fire a $38,000 Stinger missile at an F-35, you're out 80 million dollars. You fire the same missile at an A-10, YOU JUST MAKE IT ANGRY.

Comment

• Kind of like that quote from Bill Bixby in the opening sequence of the old "Incredible Hulk" television series from the 70s. "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." :a10

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                      Ya know, I'm not that interested in an F-35, primarily because it still hasn't proven itself to be a good design. The F-100 has a history, while the F-35 is still just trying to prove it's not a Government Boondoggle.

While the A-10 is an AWESOME bird for CAS in a secured airspace, it would really be in trouble operating in an area with modern anti-air defenses. That's the arena the F-35 was designed for, and that's where it excels. Stealthy, with built in jamming capabilities, a killer sensor suite, and some of the most impressive targeting software on any aircraft to date. An F-35 can take target lock data, and pass it to every F-35 in the squadron, and can even be used to guide ground or ship based missiles to destroy that target. The technical accomplishment of that is pretty astonishing. Its also done pretty well in air to air simulations for far, and the cost is coming down (although slowly) as production ramps up. Take a look at this article: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ood-fail-26731. The F-35 has done exceedingly well in the Red Flag combat exercises, earning as much as a 15:1 kill ratio against conventional 4th gen aircraft.

The reason the cost argument comes up against the A-10, was that they are simply at the end of their fatigue life, and it is going to require a new production run of A-10 wings to keep them in the air. The maintenance and operation costs of the A-10 aren't bad at all, but opening a new production line is a major investment. And the way the Air Force sees it, if they are going to invest in a new production line, they'd rather see modern aircraft coming off of it than an older A-10. Luckily, Congress seems to be stepping in and clearing the way for more wings: https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018...-a-10-warthog/. It's highly likely that the A-10 will be around for another ~20 years or so, even if it stays limited to non-contested airspace.

I would love to see a new Freewing F-35 in 80-90mm sometime down the line. Check out this video, the real bird is capable of some pretty incredible maneuvering: https://www.instagram.com/p/BseXJeWlxpI/. I do think it will be a while though. Freewing just released a modern bird. They will probably go with an older jet next, maybe the F-100. Either way, I'll be looking forward to the next announcement. Sorry about the long post..

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

While the A-10 is an AWESOME bird for CAS in a secured airspace, it would really be in trouble operating in an area with modern anti-air defenses. That's the arena the F-35 was designed for, and that's where it excels. Stealthy, with built in jamming capabilities, a killer sensor suite, and some of the most impressive targeting software on any aircraft to date. An F-35 can take target lock data, and pass it to every F-35 in the squadron, and can even be used to guide ground or ship based missiles to destroy that target. The technical accomplishment of that is pretty astonishing. Its also done pretty well in air to air simulations for far, and the cost is coming down (although slowly) as production ramps up. Take a look at this article: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ood-fail-26731. The F-35 has done exceedingly well in the Red Flag combat exercises, earning as much as a 15:1 kill ratio against conventional 4th gen aircraft.

The reason the cost argument comes up against the A-10, was that they are simply at the end of their fatigue life, and it is going to require a new production run of A-10 wings to keep them in the air. The maintenance and operation costs of the A-10 aren't bad at all, but opening a new production line is a major investment. And the way the Air Force sees it, if they are going to invest in a new production line, they'd rather see modern aircraft coming off of it than an older A-10. Luckily, Congress seems to be stepping in and clearing the way for more wings: https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018...-a-10-warthog/. It's highly likely that the A-10 will be around for another ~20 years or so, even if it stays limited to non-contested airspace.

I would love to see a new Freewing F-35 in 80-90mm sometime down the line. Check out this video, the real bird is capable of some pretty incredible maneuvering: https://www.instagram.com/p/BseXJeWlxpI/. I do think it will be a while though. Freewing just released a modern bird. They will probably go with an older jet next, maybe the F-100. Either way, I'll be looking forward to the next announcement. Sorry about the long post..

Ya know I love yur vids Delta. So I think your cool. I hate the way an F-35 looks, it looks to much like a brick layer made it. Awe-full Hideous looking thing! At certain angles it looks ok, but yur never gonna make me think that's something I want a model of. I don't want one of those! Especially not a 90mm. Don't want to seem to be critical here. The 70mm F-35 is just fine for me and I'm sure many others.

Now if the team wants to make something special? How about a, "Harrier"? That's something special! For me at least I would be happy with slow landings and take offs. But the purest's, ya know,,, IF IT DON"T HOVER IT CAN'T BE!!!! Well slow landings and take offs would be good enough for me, which I sure would be just fine by an awfully lot of people who want one. I just love the look of the plane. I like high wing jets they have a look that is all there own, and are cool in my world. So if ya want a plane that's a big hit? Make a 90mm Harrier, NOT AN F-35, in my opinion. : )

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

Ya know I love yur vids Delta. So I think your cool. I hate the way an F-35 looks, it looks to much like a brick layer made it. Awe-full Hideous looking thing! At certain angles it looks ok, but yur never gonna make me think that's something I want a model of. I don't want one of those! Especially not a 90mm. Don't want to seem to be critical here. The 70mm F-35 is just fine for me and I'm sure many others.

Now if the team wants to make something special? How about a, "Harrier"? That's something special! For me at least I would be happy with slow landings and take offs. But the purest's, ya know,,, IF IT DON"T HOVER IT CAN'T BE!!!! Well slow landings and take offs would be good enough for me, which I sure would be just fine by an awfully lot of people who want one. I just love the look of the plane. I like high wing jets they have a look that is all there own, and are cool in my world. So if ya want a plane that's a big hit? Make a 90mm Harrier, NOT AN F-35, in my opinion. : )

Best Regards
                                          Woody
                                          While I disagree with you on the looks, I feel the real plane is NOT what the Navy needs. While they may perform well for the Air Force, the only times Air Force planes see the "deep blue" is on ferry flights.
                                          The F-35 will be the first single engine aircraft other than the Harrier that the Navy has flown since the A-7 was retired. And when you're out in the middle of the ocean, that second engine can mean the difference between making it back to your battle group or dying in the middle of nowhere. And as far as your 90 mm Harrier, I feel that most wouldn't buy it if it wasn't fully functional. I've seen videos of a guy working on building a large scale fully functional version, so while it IS possible, my guess would be a PNP version would be in the $600-$700 neighborhood and require high mAh and C rated 8s batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                          X